Default Blizzard Hints At Possibility Of Warcraft 4

I hope this turns out to be real because I really want warcraft 4....and a warcraft 4 that doesn't follow the continuity of world of warcraft

Honestly given how they've driven Warcraft lore firmly off a ledge I'd be scared as hell of a Warcraft 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Honestly given how they've driven Warcraft lore firmly off a ledge I'd be scared as hell of a Warcraft 4.
    I wouldn't be,

The MMO scene has changed so much. Paid MMOs are falling while Free 2 play are also having issues. What is rising are MOBAs and twitch streams of those. In turn that has created a new demand for RTS games. In other words the situation has changed itself so that an RTS Warcraft 4 actually likely will be more profitable for Blizzard than WoW has been for years, especially if there is a good modding scene

edit: don't know why this part wasn't posted

The fact is, with so many turned off by WoW and many of those players likely not returning, to win back fans, Blizzard will likely have to create two timelines so to speak where warcraft 4 will ignore WoW continuity

You all can thank MOBAs and twitch for causing Blizzard to reconsider their stance on Warcraft 4

Authentic Comic Junkie BTNLegend's Avatar

I'd love to see Warcraft 4 come out. Warcraft 3 is one of my favourite games. I've never played WoW and I guess you could say I'm one of the people that was turned off by it. I prefer solo strategy campaigns where I can enjoy the story and events for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BTNLegend View Post
    I'd love to see Warcraft 4 come out. Warcraft 3 is one of my favourite games. I've never played WoW and I guess you could say I'm one of the people that was turned off by it. I prefer solo strategy campaigns where I can enjoy the story and events for myself.
    This is why I think Warcraft 4 will have a separate continuity than WoW

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    You all can thank MOBAs and twitch for causing Blizzard to reconsider their stance on Warcraft 4
    I think I'll prefer to continue wishing for MOBAs, Twitch, and the toxic cult of esports and stream celebrities to screw off and die, thanks.

Would love to see it happen, played the previous 3.

Astonishing Member

Well, they need to put something out after Starcraft 2 finishes up, which is happening soon.
    Fingers crossed for Burning Legion as a selectable faction.

Fantastic Member

i found warcraft 3 to be too perfect (in my personal view at least) that i dread that they might screw it up with a follow up

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, they need to put something out after Starcraft 2 finishes up, which is happening soon.
    Fingers crossed for Burning Legion as a selectable faction.
    I believe they have another Diablo expansion in the early phases of dev, that would presumably be after Starcraft, and they have their Team Fortress 2 style game in the works as well