Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    If its true, its not the first time. They did something similar with Mario kart 8 and often run digital purchase deals to drive up digital sales ( not talking about sales prices)
    Right, I forgot about Mario Kart 8, also Nintendo does love to give away games (I got DK Tropical Freeze for Platinum membership). I would just have to make space for it because my Wii U is almost already at max.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

It seems unlikely thy will give games away with splatoon since Club Nintendo codes no longer work and the new service isn't announced yet.

And turns out the source was a known troll..

Nevermind folks. its a fake

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Right, I forgot about Mario Kart 8, also Nintendo does love to give away games (I got DK Tropical Freeze for Platinum membership). I would just have to make space for it because my Wii U is almost already at max.
    Are you using an external hard drive or are you trying to squeeze the last bit of space out of it's internal one?

http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Link to the direct

I liked the cool documentary style they did for that direct! lol

Although I have to say, it really sounds like the game seems...pretty imcomplete what with all those "free game mode updates" so soon after the game comes out

This is soo...lol
    Last edited by Step; 05-07-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Its not that the game is incomplete its that they want to do a segmented release so that players will get used to it and move on to new stuff in the game. in other words, to keep players coming back

Plus its all free dlc

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Its not that the game is incomplete its that they want to do a segmented release so that players will get used to it and move on to new stuff in the game. in other words, to keep players coming back

Plus its all free dlc
    That seems...silly, I know it's free DLC, that's not my issue, it's just releasing all these new modes in little segments so soon after the game, just comes across as though they haven't done the game and are hiding behind the guise of "free DLC coming up", if what they're doing really is purposely holding stuff out of the game to bring people back in later, then that just sounds a little manipulative, and it's also not giving me a reason to purchase this day 1 if I'm not getting everything they are planning to add on the day, I'd have prefered they gave us everything at once.

I also don't see the purpose of being unable to play with your friends until August or something. (Except for that mode that can randomly make your friend you enemy.)

I'm still probably getting it early, cause I do like the style and it's only around Captian Toad prices in Europe, maybe not Day 1 anymore though, I'll wait till I hear impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    That seems...silly, I know it's free DLC, that's not my issue, it's just releasing all these new modes in little segments so soon after the game, just comes across as though they haven't done the game and are hiding behind the guise of "free DLC coming up", if what they're doing really is purposely holding stuff out of the game to bring people back in later, then that just sounds a little manipulative, and it's also not giving me a reason to purchase this day 1 if I'm not getting everything they are planning to add on the day, I'd have prefered they gave us everything at once.

I also don't see the purpose of being unable to play with your friends until August or something. (Except for that mode that can randomly make your friend you enemy.)

I'm still probably getting it early, cause I do like the style and it's only around Captian Toad prices in Europe, maybe not Day 1 anymore though, I'll wait till I hear impressions.
    Its done for 2 reasons. 1 is to keep players interested and the other is to show they are going to support the game for a long time

A few perks.

What did you guys think of the testfire?

Quote Originally Posted by fandumb View Post
    What did you guys think of the testfire?
    Missed the first two OTL

Going to catch in the next one in 30 minutes though!

EDIT: So much fun! I suck with the sniper lol, but I feel it would be a really good weapon if you have a good knowledge of the stage, also I think it's lack of zoom makes it hard to get a good shot, I know other snipers in the game will have a zoom, but this one is eh, I had to go really close to someone to get a good shot and by that time they could've run away and retaliated cause it's slow. It had my fav sub-weapon though! The grenades were awesome!(or did the roller have the grenade? Forgot OTL) I don't think I did it's special weapon though OTL

My fav weapon was Splattershot Jr.! I forgot what it's sub-weapon was, but the special weapon was decent, though whenever I activiated it I panicked and tried to do the most cause I knew it was going to run out really soon lol
    The roller was alot of fun as well! Though every other roller I played against was better than me lol, the Killer Wail was awesome too!

Splattergun was nice but I didn't spend as much time with it, plus it was my first weapon so I forgot to explore it's sub-weapon, it's special weapon with the bomb thoguh, I sucked with OTL

I felt like I was focusing more on killing people than actually covering the area with ink OTL

I'm glad we can switch from Gyro, I couldn't play like that. Overall, twas fun!
    Last edited by Step; 05-09-2015 at 01:26 PM.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/232964

The demos seems to have boosted its appeal. Its shooting up the amazon sales charts all over the world

It was fun but I kept getting warehouse arena over and over again at which I jusr waited to give another level a try.