Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly I'd say it's the opposite problem with numerous villains having been dumbed down to have Peter beat them i.e Titania, Fire Lord, Juggernaut etc.
    I don't think Juggernaut was dumbed down for his fight with Spidey, at least compared to how Marko's generally been depicted, and the way Spidey was able to beat him was a fair bit more plausible then him overpowering Fire Lord.

All-New Member

I would love to see Venom return and become a frightening and destructive villain. I find the current anti-hero version of Venom to be really lame. It mostly feels like all of the Spider-man villains needs some sort of buff/power-up and more development.

Fantastic Member

Calypso

Carrion

Delilah

Tarantula

Tombstone

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Calypso. Spidey needs some big female villains, and she has the longevity and originality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    Calypso
    I totally agree. My first exposure to Calypso was in the 90's spectacular run by JMD; I loved Luke Ross' design for the character. I was disappointed Sasha Kraven was invented for Grim Hunt when Calypso was already established and seemed ready made for Kraven's resurrection. The whole 'it's your fault my lover is dead' made for a powerful motivation to hate Spidey. I guess they would have to establish a new motivation for her with Kraven back from the dead, because I think she could be a lot more than just his sidekick.

Also, it would be cool to have a creepy Voodoo priestess enemy for Spidey. It's a different kind of foe than he usually goes up against.

Fantastic Member

To be honest, Calypso, is the closest thing Spider-Man ever got to a true villainess. She was formidable and cunning.

Spidey deserves a much better Human Fly foe. Same thing for Swarm.

Hypno hustler should be revamped with a hip-hop twist. I don't care.

Just who is the female Beetle?

iMan 42s

Doppelganger.

I want to see a new twist on him because I feel there is potential with him. A being meant to be an evil counterpart is awesome but so little has been done with him. he would be difficult to connect to the web of life seeing as he has pretty defined origins. But seeing as he would count as a totem I like the idea of him being a sort of abomination in the web. Something that by no means is supposed to exist and yet does. It would be interesting to see Karn's reaction to an entity like that since he may not be able to get rid of it.
    This would be fitting to the motif of the other. Something that turns you into your inner beast while Doppelganger is nothing but the beast, a being not created by chance but just is.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

The Squid.

Cool visual for a Spidey villain, and the character is still enough of an open book that a writer could run with him.

Incredible Member

Personally, I think would be really neat, the Gibbon, given time and experience molding him into a much more agile / dignified-ly confident ape-guy, than he was when Spidey laughed at him Amazing Spider-Man #110, if being given his own series.
    Last edited by ngroove; 11-23-2015 at 09:15 AM.

BANNED

Some of these old animal gimmick super villians need a revamp in the batman style of concept. Make them really sociopathic in nature regarding the primitive basics of the animals the represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Spidey deserves a much better Swarm
    You leave Swarm alone! He's beautiful just the way he is!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Doppelganger.

I want to see a new twist on him because I feel there is potential with him. A being meant to be an evil counterpart is awesome but so little has been done with him. he would be difficult to connect to the web of life seeing as he has pretty defined origins. But seeing as he would count as a totem I like the idea of him being a sort of abomination in the web. Something that by no means is supposed to exist and yet does. It would be interesting to see Karn's reaction to an entity like that since he may not be able to get rid of it.
    This would be fitting to the motif of the other. Something that turns you into your inner beast while Doppelganger is nothing but the beast, a being not created by chance but just is.
    I like this. I've always had a soft spot for Doppelgänger - probably because his action figure was so boss back in the day.

-Pav, who still joneses for a Swarm/Stegron team-up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I like almost all of the 90s villains you listed and would like to see them back. Heck, I think Spot and Slyde would make for a pretty fun duo.

I don't need to see our Spider-Themed hero with a Fly-Themed villain. The symbolism screams, "Fly = Loser!"

-Pav, who listens when symbols scream...

A fly is supposed to lose to a spider.

Shocker and Chameleon.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kcomicfan View Post
    Shocker and Chameleon.
    Yeah but what about Cardiac. He needs to be fleshed out more and to be a major antagonist. Somebody drop that in Slot's ear. 2016 is the time for Cardiac!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Calypso. Spidey needs some big female villains, and she has the longevity and originality.
    She's also been in at least one really good story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets