View Poll Results: Black Cat vs Tigra: Who would win the battle?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tigra

18 58.06%
  • Black Cat

13 41.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Tigra vs The Black Cat

We have yet to see The Black Cat encounter Tigra. I long to see Greer's reaction towards the changes in Felicia's behavior. Afterall, Tigra was Spider-Man's first female crime fighting partner. Thus, Greer might be concerned about the changes of Spider-Man's former partner. It would be cool to see Greer helping Felicia to find herself once again. I would love for Greer to knock some sense back into The Black Cat once again.

Tigra vs Black Cat would mirror Cop vs Crime Boss takedown...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-01-2015 at 03:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We have yet to see The Black Cat encounter Tigra. I long to see Greer's reaction towards the changes in Felicia's behavior. Afterall, Tigra was Spider-Man's first female crime fighting partner. Thus, Greer might be concerned about the changes of Spider-Man's former partner. It would be cool to see Greer helping Felicia to find herself once again. I would love for Greer to knock some sense back into The Black Cat once again.

Tigra vs Black Cat would mirror Cop vs Crime Boss takedown...
    First female partner? I know you have a love for tigra but calling her spider-mans first female partner is redicules. She was not the first female he ever teamed with nor did they do it on a regular basis enough for them to be called partners. I know you want to have her fit into the spidey world but there is a difference between that and now where you are making stuff up from the past. Besides Tigra now is a mother, unless they killed him without me knowing it, and a seasoned avengers with many other stronger connections then spider-man.

That being said I think the battle could be fun and I voted for Tigra. Mainly because I liked her a lot in avengers academy.
    Last edited by Bor; 11-01-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Tigra would win, imo
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Tigra was never Spider-man's partner.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Tigra was never Spider-man's partner.
    read marvel team up #8 of Spider-Man & Greer as the cat against Man-killer. As a matter of fact, Greer was spidey's first female partner. It's no more crazy than Deadpool as Spidey's partner. Even the Back Widow was one of Spidey's earliest female crime fighting partners.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-02-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    First female partner? I know you have a love for tigra but calling her spider-mans first female partner is redicules. She was not the first female he ever teamed with nor did they do it on a regular basis enough for them to be called partners. I know you want to have her fit into the spidey world but there is a difference between that and now where you are making stuff up from the past. Besides Tigra now is a mother, unless they killed him without me knowing it, and a seasoned avengers with many other stronger connections then spider-man.

That being said I think the battle could be fun and I voted for Tigra. Mainly because I liked her a lot in avengers academy.
    Greer being a mom to a kid whose not even Hank pym's own was stupid. And the child is with the Cat People in a place no one can get to. That would not stop her from teaming up with Spidey's anymore then Julia Carpenter.

Astonishing Member

One thing we have to remember is that Greer Grant(The Cat) might have trained Felicia her fighting techniques. One could say that Greer was Felicia's mentor who took her under her wing for a time and shared a bond over the lack of a father figure in their lives respectively.

http://bronzeagebabies.blogspot.com/...ten-tigra.html

Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-04-2015 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

read marvel team up #8 of Spider-Man & Greer as the cat against Man-killer. As a matter of fact, Greer was spidey's first female partner. It's no more crazy than Deadpool as Spidey's partner. Even the Back Widow was one of Spidey's earliest female crime fighting partners.
    He had teamed with other females before that. And your definition of "partner" seems to be very very loose.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Darthfury78;1585270]One thing we have to remember is that Greer Grant(The Cat) might have trained Felicia her fighting techniques. One could say that Greer was Felicia's mentor who took her under her wing for a time and shared a bond over the lack of a father figure in their lives respectively

We cant remember something that never happened, so no we can not really say that. The word you are looking for seem to be imagine or something like that.

BANNED

Greer being a mom to a kid whose not even Hank pym's own was stupid. And the child is with the Cat People in a place no one can get to. That would not stop her from teaming up with Spidey's anymore then Julia Carpenter.
    I agree it was stupid but unlike those things you suggest they are cannon. But you are right they could team up. I, and others it seems, just disagrees with you that they have any real kind of history. There are so many other females that he has teamed with more then tigra, including The invisible woman, silver sable, black widow, ms marvel and several of the x-men.

Mighty Member

I, and others it seems, just disagrees with you that they have any real kind of history.
    Others like, you know, the book's writer. When the guy who creates the stories comes out and flatly says "no," I have to wonder who Darth is trying to convince at this point. And what good that convincing would do.

If he wants to see Tigra and Spider-Man together so badly, he should probably just write his own story with analogues. No writer wants to work off someone else's ideas.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Others like, you know, the book's writer. When the guy who creates the stories comes out and flatly says "no," I have to wonder who Darth is trying to convince at this point. And what good that convincing would do.

If he wants to see Tigra and Spider-Man together so badly, he should probably just write his own story with analogues. No writer wants to work off someone else's ideas.
    I like his posts and find them entertaining and I think they show great love for the characters, but yeah I am not sure either exactly what he is trying to accomplish with threse posts. Maybe just to get it out of his system? If thats the case sure why not. The problem for him just is that so far he sees story potiental where others dont.

Mighty Member

I like his posts and find them entertaining and I think they show great love for the characters, but yeah I am not sure either exactly what he is trying to accomplish with threse posts. Maybe just to get it out of his system?
    If that's the intent, it clearly isn't working.

There's pretty decent evidence to show that "venting" in general doesn't work -- if anything, it has the opposite effect.

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-beha...t-attack-59102
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    If that's the intent, it clearly isn't working.

There's pretty decent evidence to show that "venting" in general doesn't work -- if anything, it has the opposite effect.

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-beha...t-attack-59102
    Thanks for the link that was pretty interesting reading that. But that study seems to mostly be connected with venting of rage and not really venting of ideas which I was talking about. Although you are right it does not really seem to have worked either way since this is clearly not the first time or only thread he has brought up these ideas.

I think this will depend on what powers Felicia has.