View Poll Results: Black Cat vs Tigra: Who would win the battle?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tigra

18 58.06%
  • Black Cat

13 41.94%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tigra should win.

She should also be Moon Knight's partner/GF.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    Tigra should win.

She should also be Moon Knight's partner/GF.
    Oh man, is it time for a FAN FIC RUMBLE?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Oh man, is it time for a FAN FIC RUMBLE?
    I want Tigra to be partner/gf with ka-zar. Mainly because I want that awkvard scene where he asks her for some of her spare fur to make some new cloth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I want Tigra to be partner/gf with ka-zar. Mainly because I want that ackward scene where he asks her for some of her spare fur to make some new cloth.
    A lot of folks forget that Tigra was a human crime fighter The Cat who had nothing to do with the Cat People until Tony Isabella came up with the idea after her initial series did not do as well as expected. As the Cat, Greer was a street level crime fighter. Once she became Tigra, it was all about the Cat warrior spirit doing its thing while Greer struggles to retain control of her own body. To me, it was dumb to make Greer into a Tigra and give her original costume to Patsy Walker. They might as well transfer the Tigra spirit to The Black Cat for a change and make Greer into a costumed crime fighter once again who works for the NYPD as her regular day job.

If Marvel really wants to appeal to young girls, then they should make an effort of making Greer as part of Spider-Man's world as a Police Officer who inspires because she would come towards being an everywoman whose connected to something that's real, which is to serve and protect the public via NYPD. Not to mention that Greer is one of Peter's best friends in the same manner as Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew. Tigra should be secondary to The Cat as an alternate source of power that comes when needed. Not 24/7....

Let's how The Black Cat handle the Tigra spirit within her after breaking away from Greer Grant.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-06-2015 at 05:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    A lot of folks forget
    See, you keep using this phrase, but how are people supposed to even remember facts when you're just making them up? Or, in the case of Greer once being The Cat, it could just be that people aren't forgetting. It could simply be that they just don't care.

If Marvel really wants to appeal to young girls, then they should make an effort of making Greer as part of Spider-Man's world as a Police Officer
    Does Marvel need to put Greer specifically in Spider-Man's world to appeal to young girls?

Mighty Member

Roxas, it's clear that if Marvel really wants to appeal to young girls, the only way to do that is to push Tigra. And to make sure she's with Spider-Man. And she's a police officer.

Tigra is a middle-aged mother with a ton of backstory. That's way more appealing and accesible than characters like Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Spider-Gwen. My 12-year-old niece totally DID NOT devour those books and ask for more. Nope.

In all seriousness Darth, if editors, writers, people on the street, whole nations, entire kingdoms of life and the 1986 Miracle Mets tell you it's not gonna work, maybe you're the stubborn one. I'm just saying.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

A lot of folks forget that Tigra was a human crime fighter The Cat who had nothing to do with the Cat People until Tony Isabella came up with the idea after her initial series did not do as well as expected. As the Cat, Greer was a street level crime fighter. Once she became Tigra, it was all about the Cat warrior spirit doing its thing while Greer struggles to retain control of her own body. To me, it was dumb to make Greer into a Tigra and give her original costume to Patsy Walker. They might as well transfer the Tigra spirit to The Black Cat for a change and make Greer into a costumed crime fighter once again who works for the NYPD as her regular day job.

If Marvel really wants to appeal to young girls, then they should make an effort of making Greer as part of Spider-Man's world as a Police Officer who inspires because she would come towards being an everywoman whose connected to something that's real, which is to serve and protect the public via NYPD. Not to mention that Greer is one of Peter's best friends in the same manner as Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew. Tigra should be secondary to The Cat as an alternate source of power that comes when needed. Not 24/7....

Let's how The Black Cat handle the Tigra spirit within her after breaking away from Greer Grant.
    I think you forget that took place decades ago and now tigra has become something different and that there are plenty of other characters that would be suited to appeal to young girls like Ms Marvel.

When it comes down to it Tigra is a b-list character, maybe less, and plenty of other characters have been made that suits the role of appealing to young girls. Even the new white tiger is in a better position since she has actual screen time on ultimate spider-man and has been used in recent series. Not to mention characters like spider-gwen that already has an audience despite being less then two years old.
    So no it is not just that people forget, but that it really doenst matter much.

BANNED

This thread... Who cares about a d-lister like Tigra?

BANNED

As long as it's literally any girl other than Mary Jane or Gwen, especially one with a cat theme that can make them interchangeable with Felicia, but not too much of a cat theme that it makes her look less than human, anyone goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    This thread... Who cares about a d-lister like Tigra?
    Hey, I'd say Tigra is a mid to low B-lister at best or a C-lister at worst, but definitely not a D-lister.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey, I'd say Tigra is a mid to low B-lister at best or a C-lister at worst, but definitely not a D-lister.
    What would be a cool revelation is the notion that Greer[The Cat] helped train Felicia fighting style as some of them might have originated from her via The Ways of The Cat fighting style. Also, Greer might have posed to make Felicia her successor in case the worst should happen. It would be cool to see Greer show up to confront her protege once again. Not to mention catching up on old times with Peter Parker once again as they might have been students at ESU in Dr. Miles Warren's science class.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Roxas, it's clear that if Marvel really wants to appeal to young girls, the only way to do that is to push Tigra. And to make sure she's with Spider-Man. And she's a police officer.

Tigra is a middle-aged mother with a ton of backstory. That's way more appealing and accesible than characters like Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl and Spider-Gwen. My 12-year-old niece totally DID NOT devour those books and ask for more. Nope.

In all seriousness Darth, if editors, writers, people on the street, whole nations, entire kingdoms of life and the 1986 Miracle Mets tell you it's not gonna work, maybe you're the stubborn one. I'm just saying.
    Tigra is really around the same age as Peter Parker. To make her a mom was as stupid as making Jessica Drew into a mom.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Tigra is really around the same age as Peter Parker. To make her a mom was as stupid as making Jessica Drew into a mom.
    How are their motherhoods stupid?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I'm assuming because the fathers aren't Peter.

Peter is in his mid to late 20's. That's a pretty common and normal age to have a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I'm assuming because the fathers aren't Peter.
    We don't know that for Peter. For all we know he could have done it with Jess or is her sperm donor.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!