Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. The Beyonder

No prep for either. A Golden Age Mxyzptlk is pitted against the "Secret Wars" era Beyonder. Who wins?

Beyonder. Without even ruffling his Jheri curl.

Putting Pre-Retcon Beyonder against a character - ANY character period - is pointless.
    He rocks them all without even blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Putting Pre-Retcon Beyonder against a character - ANY character period - is pointless.
    He rocks them all without even blinking.
    The first sentence is correct, the second isn't.

Incredible Member

Can even the Beyonder affect the Fifth Dimension?

OK, he clearly has no feats for doing so because it doesn't exist in Marvel, but to use a bit of a+b logic...

The 5th Dimension is a part of the DC Multiverse (effectively). We generally equate the sizes of the DC and Marvel Multiverses. Pre-Retcon Beyonder is the sum total of a multiverse bigger than the Marvel Multiverse.

So, in short, yes. He can affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The first sentence is correct, the second isn't.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    What do you mean?
    He means there are some characters who might make him work for it a little, which there are.

Anyone who can outsmart him, really.

Pre-Retcon wasn't the pinnacle of intelligence. Though as soon as he figures it out, jig is up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yeah, but that requires some sort of prep, I meant regular rumbles.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Anyone who can outsmart him, really.

Pre-Retcon wasn't the pinnacle of intelligence. Though as soon as he figures it out, jig is up.
    Dude just kind of brute-forces his way through everything once he actually gets honked off. Which, depending on his mood beforehand, can come after a long period of dopy navel-gazing, or as an immediate temper-tantrum.

As for anyone who might be able to give him a fight...I'm sure in all of fiction people have made ridiculous characters roughly on his level, if not greater.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I mean, his entire concept is pure brokenness.
    His power is greater than that of an entire Multiverse, including the power of the Omnipotent Creator (even though it comes without Omniscience, which is kind of contradictory, but whatever^^).
    'Greater' is a severe understatement, it's said to be a drop of rain compared to an ocean next to him.

It's hard to get anymore crazy than that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dude kind of has feats to back it up, though he's inconsistent even there. He needs to use up a chunk of his 'infinite' power to end Death, which I always thought was plot-driven (should be able to just wave hand, make it so). But then Owen hits him with blasts that could destroy 'billions of dimensions' (each dimension being a universe in its own right) and they basically make him stagger and cough, with no other result.

...then Owen fights him to a standstill for a few seconds. Which is... *wiggles hand*

Contradictory.

But yeah, at his stated power level and highest shown feats, he's comfortably 'beyond'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I have no problem saying The One Above All could trounce him easily. But he is pretty much the embodiment of the Marvel Writing team so...if you think about it he already did by retconning Beyonder :P.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have no problem saying The One Above All could trounce him easily. But he is pretty much the embodiment of the Marvel Writing team so...if you think about it he already did by retconning Beyonder :P.
    The way I took it was that the One Above All was the Marvel Comics "God". It was the god of the entire Marvel Marvel multiverse. However, though published by Marvel, the Beyond-verse was stated to be comparatively an ocean while the Marvel Multiverse was a drop of water by comparison. The Beyonder the "God" of a potential multiverse (he was that multiverse) that dwarfed the Marvel multiverse to put it mildly. Not to say there are not characters out there that are portrayed as being on such a level but the whole multiversal thing including "This character is more powerful by vast, vast, vast magnitudes than anything and everything we've ever published before all put together" is a tough one to surpass which is largely while they instead retconned it.

Of course, if we are counting "breaking the fourth wall", then we're into highly convoluted territory. Within the context of the stories, is it said that TOAA is really the writing team? Or is that just something that is said outside of the stories?

Since this thread is specifically Pre-retcon, its sort of a moot point.
    Power with Girl is better.