Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's one of the best series. I highly recommend it.

Looks really promising. Garth Ennis has some of the best dark comics of all time. I think a comic like Preacher is perfect for AMC. With the success of the Walking Dead, I think AMC is looking for a worthy replacement of Breaking Bad. That's a high bar to match, but I think this could offer a respectable challenge.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    AMC has an awesome track record at this point, so I'm inclined to give this the benefit of the doubt. That said, this trailer didn't totally grab my attention, and feels more "wait and see" to me. It didn't even hint at Preacher's supernatural elements (unless I missed something here) and that's a huge part of the hook. Cooper looks pretty good though.
    What excellent track record? AMC has 2 maybe 3 shows that are considered good lol and even then, one of them is debatable . You can't really do comic adaptations like Preacher or the Walking Dead on a channel like AMC, its just watered down "TV Version" of the book. I haven't read Preacher(I will soon) and I won't be watching the show but I do hope it does well , the more successful shows or movies based on comics the more will likely be made.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    What excellent track record? AMC has 2 maybe 3 shows that are considered good lol and even then, one of them is debatable . You can't really do comic adaptations like Preacher or the Walking Dead on a channel like AMC, its just watered down "TV Version" of the book. I haven't read Preacher(I will soon) and I won't be watching the show but I do hope it does well , the more successful shows or movies based on comics the more will likely be made.
    My worry with AMC is that they seem to have executives there that want to DELIBERATELY deviate from the books to make sure that people who have already read them are surprised. (I'll see if I can find the link to the Bleeding Cool story about an AMC executive going to a comic shop to research Preacher) I'm not that precious about adaptations, but I feel that's a bad reason to start changing things...it feels a bit arbitrary. It makes more sense with a property like Walking Dead, where the story is ongoing in both media, but on Preacher, where it's a finite story with themes that are elaborated through a specific structure, it feels less appropriate.
    I'm on Twitter! @alex_jamieson

BANNED

Not impressed. Nothing about it really lit any sparks.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    What excellent track record? Seriously? How about the butt-load of Emmys for Breaking Bad and Mad Men? What about The Walking Dead cleaning up in the ratings for years?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Honestly, if I didn't already know it was a Preacher adaptation, then I wouldn't have known it was a Preacher adaptation. It looks like a show that's just about a rough-and-tumble man of the cloth who plays by his own rules of right and wrong.
    Agreed. Looks like this has about as much to do with Preacher as Lucifer the tv show does with Lucifer the comic.