Super Moderator

Default Poll: What Did You Think of AMC's First "Preacher" Trailer?

What Did You Think of AMC's First "Preacher" Trailer?

Now that we've finally been given a taste of what to expect when Garth Ennis and Steve DIllon's comic comes to television, what did you think?

Vote on the poll here.

It's left me probably a little less hopeful than I had been until this point.

Sure, they might be holding back on revealing the supernatural stuff for now, but you'd expect a trailer to at least capture the spirit of the show it's previewing. And based on this trailer, this doesn't look like a Preacher adaptation at all. At the absolute very least, I'd have expected at least a quick shot of Jesse with red eyes.

And Cooper is completely wrong for the role.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 11-02-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    At the absolute very least, I'd have expected at least a quick shot of Jesse with red eyes.
    That's something I'd rather not make it into the adaptation. We need visual cues in a comic, for when Jesse is using The Word. We don't in television, where sound and movement occur smoothly and fluidly. It's just cheesy.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That's something I'd rather not make it into the adaptation. We need visual cues in a comic, for when Jesse is using The Word. We don't in television, where sound and movement occur smoothly and fluidly. It's just cheesy.
    The show has a vampire who bursts into flames when sunlight hits him and you think showing red eyes is cheesy?
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

cassidy outside in the sun. end of story. i bet genesis doesnt even show up.

BANNED

My expectations were low, given that I soured on the comic before too long and am wary of anything with Seth Rogan's name attached, but that trailer still managed to not even come close to clearing the bar. Based on that, it appears to be a show about a preacher who's some kind of back alley vigilante.