Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jimmy Palmiotti Spills Secrets of Sexy, Not Sleazy, "Harley Quinn" & "Starfire"

The writer explains how the apparently different characters share many similarities, the importance of kicking the Joker out of Harley's life and more.

Full article here.

I really dig what Jimmy and Amanda are doing with these two books. They are probably my favorite corner of the DCU right now.

Incredible Member

These are two books I look forward to each month. They are cute and a lot of fun to read.

Its cool that this niche market of books is taking off Harley Quinn,Starfire,and Harley's little black book.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I like what Jimmy and Amanda are doing but I do miss "broken Harley". The interplay between her and the Joker is always so fascinating for me. I know it isn't for everyone but I do like that characterization (which is something the New 52 definitely lacks, considering how the Joker is never really around).

BANNED

Starfire is one of my favorite characters and I wanted to like it. But the tone bothers me a ton, I can't do it. I'm glad other people enjoy it.

Spectacular Member

I dont want to live in a world where Starfire isnt with the Teen Titans

Conner and Palmiotti are my favorite creator team right now. i would litterally buy anything with them involved.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I'd rather Dick be in Harley *cough* *cough*. And I wouldn't mind him turning up in her book for a few issues either.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Is Starfire any good? I've been thinking of picking it up, but I'm not sure.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Its enjoyable. It has its charm.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I like what Jimmy and Amanda are doing but I do miss "broken Harley". The interplay between her and the Joker is always so fascinating for me. I know it isn't for everyone but I do like that characterization (which is something the New 52 definitely lacks, considering how the Joker is never really around).
    I must agree.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by KidGetNice View Post
    I dont want to live in a world where Starfire isnt with the Teen Titans
    LOL me either
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I don't think you can take away Harley's abusive relationship with the Joker just like you can't take away Batman's abusive relationship with Gotham. It's intrinsic to the character. You can try to move her away for a time but I think she will always go back because it is where she is the most popular. It's just with how they have used the Joker's character in the New 52 you can't see them really play with their dynamic together because the Joker is constantly off the table.

BANNED

Well, let's face it, the charm of the Harley in the current book has nothing to do with past Harley's. I enjoy the book just fine, but I have a hard time reconciling Harley's outlook in this book with her traditional murderous, psycho, representations (which is still at play over in New Suicide Squad - hard to believe this is the same character).

Again, not a big deal, but clearly different visions of the character not really meant to work together.