Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Grayson, #13

Tim Seeley, Tom King and Mikel Janin kick off year two of Dick Grayson's struggles inside Spyral with new and familiar faces in "Grayson" #13.

Full review here.

I'm starting to feel there is no real point to comic book reviews. While I agree this was a great issue, a lot of the reviewers points about art style seemed both slightly nonsensical and empty praise. I've yet to read a bad review of the art style in any of the books DC is actively pushing, and I've seen rave gushing reviews of art styles that are just generic Manga styles (Babs Tar). I started on Manga, so I have no problem with the style, but it's hardly some super amazing thing that needs to be praised at length in every single issues review.

The reviews of the plot don't seem much better. They are pretty much either this is the best thing ever or written by someone who hates the series. They certainly haven't seemed to correlate with how enjoyable I have found the issue to be.

I think that Tar gets praise solely because nobody else is doing similar style in mainstream super-heroes. But other than that I agree, reviews are getting dumber and dumber each year.

The art style always plays a big role in comics so of course it gets mantioned, there are many readers who will drop a comic because of the art. The review was fine but I do agree that there are some really stupid reviews out there but it's not like you have to read it if you don't want to. You should start to remember the names of the reviewers if you always check out the reviews so you can just ignore reading it.

Anyway I liked the issue and I really wonder how Dick's relationship with Tiger will develop in the future.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Loved the issue myself and I can't wait to see where this is going. There was a lot of interesting twists this time around and I can't wait for the next issue.

As for reviews I tend to ignore them altogether and I especially don't use them to determine if I'm going to like a particular book, comic or movie. There are far to many reviewers that I feel have personal axes to grind be that against a particular writer, artist or company and I don't think that makes for very impartial or even, in some cases, accurate critical reviews. That's just my opinion though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG