Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default After Darkseid War...

After Darkseid War wraps do you think or do you want the Justice League to catch up to the rest of the DC universe in terms of the characters current situations?

Personally I hope after Darkseid War we get to see the book jump forward and catch up, I'd personally love to see Johns tackle depowered Superman, God of War Wonder Woman, JimBats, Renegade Hal and former king of Atlantis Aquaman. I think there are a lot of new interesting dynamics to play with here, Hal not trusting JimBats, Wonder Woman commenting on Arthur's lost kingdom, Superman trying to be the leader when he's no longer the strongest.

Or are you perfectly happy with this book taking place slightly out of the regular continuity and Johns being able to tell the Justice League stories he wants to tell?

Nah I'd rather Johns just chills in his own continuity. Gives him more room for big events and consequences.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

JimBats should not be on the Justice League and by the time Darkseid War finishes it will probably be around #50 since we know it goes up until #48

While I'd like to see Johns actually acknowledge what's been going on in the wider DCU once Darkseid War is over, considering all the leeway he's been given with continuity for the event (and how his actually trying to tie into Godhead just made things even more confusing) I doubt he'll be too fussed to acknowledge the new status quo's for the League going forward.

Heck, in all likelihood, most of the League will be back to normal in their own books by the time Darkseid War ends .

And on the positive side, it might mean we get more of Fabok's Wonder Woman look instead of the Finch's new costume for Diana .

Though personally I hope Justice League doesn't just stay in its own bubble post-Darkseid War, even if I understand how that might be good in terms of allowing the writer more freedom to tell the story.

I dont know, and to be honest i don't care. Geoff Johns has been doing such an amazing job that he deserves to do whatever he wants with the title. The DC You JL is cool, but if JOhns needs the normal JL to do Rise of the Seven Seas, I say he does it the way he sees fit.

Also, if GJ leaves the book, i'd like to see Seeley-King, Orlando or Tomasi take over in a less-epic, more grounded and character driven JL. Like short stories with 2 or 3 members dealing with more human and personal stuff.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Spectacular Member

No I prefer it the way it is. I only read Justice League and I enjoy it being it's own line. I don't want to have to read Batman to know why Jim Gordon is suddenly hanging out with the Justice League. I love this book and dang it Geoff is killing it, so allow him to do what he wants Creatively.

I hope not. Cop-punching depowered Superman, Mech Batman, and Burqa Wonder Woman are all terrible.

BANNED

Think it's ideal that Johns and other writers just get their own little world they can do whatever they wants in, and then leave whatever they do as an option for others to follow up on if they wish. He could update the costumes and members when the Darkseid War is over, or he could choose not to. Same goes the other way, Barry and Bruce are now New Gods (for a while), Snyder and Venditti/Jensen can play with that or ignore it as they see fit.

If anything, everyone constantly having to reflect whats going on in other books is a recipe for disaster and a death of creativity. Like Nightwing managed to start off 3 different stories before they were all thrown out the window because he had to go back to Gotham and help sort out Snyder's latest story-turned-into-event.

God no! They ruined the DC universe. Justice League is just about all we have left. No main hero is in a good place right now. DC needs a restructuring from the top down.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Robocop Gordon wouldn't be on the JL, anyway. Superman will most likely be back to normal by then, same with Hal.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman, maybe. I hope Aquaman is back to normal though, god this last run has been messy.

Incredible Member

Sure. Each one of those status quo changes would make for an interesting interaction with the League. All of them put together would be interesting as well.

That being said, from the previews I've read through, this already happens in the pages of Batman/Superman, Detective Comics, etc, so I don't care too much either way.

I don't know about some of the other DCYou changes, but by the time Darkseid War is completely done, I'm imagining Superman will have his powers and costume back in his books anyway.

But even if not, I'd lean toward no. I like the more lax view of continuity in which certain books like JL aren't forced to be exactly lock-step timeline wise with what's going on in solos.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No. I think having to tie the storylines together really hurts other books. I feel sorry for the writers of the Bat books who now have to use Robat Gordon. Some things should just stay in the individual titles. Reminds me of Grant being forced to used electric Superman during his JLA run. Darkseid War wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was using all the changed versions of the characters.

I wonder where Johns goes from here. This storyline is kind of the culmination of his New 52 Justice League plans. The "great threat" coming for the DCU, which I'm sure was changed a few times behind the scenes, is finally here and many of his big storylines are converging. I know he's going to finally do Rise of the Seven Seas. I'm curious to see if it will take place in the pages of Justice League, in the Aquaman book , or if it'll be an event like Blackest Night.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I like the more lax view of continuity in which certain books like JL aren't forced to be exactly lock-step timeline wise with what's going on in solos.
    Well on the flip-side of that, if everything is back to normal by the time Darkseid War ends, with the 'lax continuity', there's no stopping Johns, if he wanted to, from writing an arc that takes place before things get back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    No. I think having to tie the storylines together really hurts other books. I feel sorry for the writers of the Bat books who now have to use Robat Gordon. Some things should just stay in the individual titles. Reminds me of Grant being forced to used electric Superman during his JLA run. Darkseid War wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was using all the changed versions of the characters.
    I don't think it's much of an issue when, from what I've seen, it sometimes comes down to writers actually wanting to tie-in to the storyline or use something like Robat Gordon. And so far, in terms of that example, I don't think other writers dealing with that has really hurt their stories.

But then, I prefer or really like it when a team book actually reflects what's going on with the members in their own lives (or their solo books) rather then exist in its own bubble, and I'm not big on lax continuity between books. Though I understand why people feel otherwise.