Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Klaus, #1

Just in time for Christmas, Grant Morrison and Dan Mora kick off a fresh take on the origin of Santa Claus in "Klaus" #1, where Klaus is noble and honest, yet also brutally brave.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

I loved the issue, it's got this really cool kind of mythical epicness to it. The writing and art are awesome, and once the magic got brought in it really felt like this series could be special. And the wolf is great!

I thought it was really cool to have this tight, straight storytelling that leads to Klaus' awakening with that amazing trip sequence and then having him wake up to be confronted by the totems that will make him into myth. great first issue and I'm looking forward to seeing the great feats of Santa to come

Great first issue!

Really great stuff!
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I think i'll be picking this up.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

The art was the most impressive ingredient in this so far, but I'm sticking around.

Incredible Member

Morrison just keeps knocking them out of the park.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

picking this up today. caaaan't wait.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

This series is off to a solid start, I am intersted to see what Klaus wil do next.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I keep wanting this is parallel the 80s movie with Dudley Moore more. Basically, this barbarian fur trapper comic should have more Dudley Moore.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Good review. Loved this book. Definitely one of the best books that came out last week. It wasn't overly grim and gritty. Morrison is one of those writers who can walk that fine line between being dark, but not too dark. This story felt like a mix of mythology and Skyrim, a potent combination with some universal themes. This could prove to be a fun, holiday treat of sorts. It's not like anyone else is releasing quality Christmas themed comics these days anyways. I'm glad Morrison rose to the occasion.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Loved it! Artwork fantastic and the story so far is really promising!