Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Dan Slott Has a "Giant, Evil Master Plan" for "Amazing Spider-Man"

The long-time writer of Spider-Man's adventures tells CBR he's only just getting started and is about to redefine "Silver Surfer" in a major way.

Full article here.

I'm still not okay with Peter becoming a Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark hybrid, but I am loving Slott's run on Silver Surfer, it's like the Doctor Who of Marvel which is lots of fun.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Mighty Member

I love his excitement for Surfer, it's completely infectious.

BANNED

Poor Mindworm.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Oh boy here we go.

I only started reading the Slott run when I heard Doc Ock was Spider-Man and it sounded unique and worth reading. I have been following ASM since Peter returned, and am wondering if the Slott run leading up to Superior is worth checking out? I love his Silver Surfer, but the ASM books haven't been doing it for me yet. Maybe reading the old books will give me a greater appreciation for Slott's take on the character. I grew up on Ultimate Spider-Man and this style is just so radically different, the book has been giving me culture shock so far compared to the Ultimate Peter I know and love.

BANNED

Big Time helps set up this status quo. While Otto created Parker Industries, he did so on the goodwill and reputation Peter had built up after being hired by Horizon Labs.

Amazing Member

I know very little about the Silver Surfer, but I like Slott and keep hearing great reviews, would I be confused reading his run or is it a good place to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Riotzact View Post
    I know very little about the Silver Surfer, but I like Slott and keep hearing great reviews, would I be confused reading his run or is it a good place to start?
    I haven't read all of it, but I think it's a great jumping on point. And it's a great book. Like Hawkeye said above, it's got a very Time-Lord vibe to it. So if you're into the Doctor, you'll have no problem with Slott's Surfer.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Who else can have such an evil master plan other than Norman Osborn? I'm prety sure ever since he was cured of his mania at the end of Superior Spider-Man, he's craving for revenge.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I haven't read all of it, but I think it's a great jumping on point. And it's a great book. Like Hawkeye said above, it's got a very Time-Lord vibe to it. So if you're into the Doctor, you'll have no problem with Slott's Surfer.
    Yeah I'm defiantly a huge doctor who fan so that's great news, thanks for the info!

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

If Doc Ock is returning as a villain, it sucks a little since he was redeemed by the end of the Superior Spider-Man run.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    If Doc Ock is returning as a villain, it sucks a little since he was redeemed by the end of the Superior Spider-Man run.
    Eh...Well the back-up was for pre-darkest hours/Goblin Nation Spock.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Even if he did leave Peter with a lot of trouble to deal with of SpOck's own making without having to face up to them.

How do I not remember that Joker shower rape from Living Hell? Great overlooked book btw.