Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Uncanny X-Men #600

• The final explosive issue in Brian Michael Bendis' epic X-Men saga!
    • Scott Summers - savior or destroyer? Questions will be answered!
    • The Jean Grey School, the New Xavier School - it's all going to change.
    • The X-Men are at a crossroads. And not everyone will make it through in one piece.
    • Featuring 40 pages of a host of popular X-Men creators!
    (via [a href="http://www.advocate.com/books/2015/11/03/exclusive-iceman-confronts-himself-you-are-gay" target="_blank"]Advocate.com[/a])

Full preview here.

They are doing a great job of dragging this out (of the closet) as long as possible.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    They are doing a great job of dragging this out (of the closet) as long as possible.
    Seriously tho.

It isn't like we haven't known that the adult Iceman since at least, what, September?

The art is nice.
    The (ice cube) tears of a clown. *rolls eyes*
    Jean Grey really IS a 'nosy bitch' who likes to watch.
    If this makes adult Bobby into a likable character again, great. Otherwise this is just a mess Bendis created to seem 'relevant'. Hell, that's the case even if adult Bobby doesn't become likable again.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-03-2015 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I agree with older Bobby - this is why nobody likes Teen Jean.

Incredible Member

Typical Bendis. 3 pages, and obviously more after, to drag a convo that could take two pages tops. Why do people praise him as a writer? Because he did well in his creator own series? Because Ultimate Spider-Man was a hit in 2000? Times have changed and Bendis is god awful at writing now.

Spectacular Member

I don't like the way this is being written or handled, it's borderline offensive to me as a gay man who did not realize any same-sex leanings until I was 20.

Spectacular Member

Still smells like pandering to me

BANNED

There's still no way of this making sense without a retcon. The idea that Iceman could slip his homosexuality under the radar while being in constant contact with a large number of psychics is preposterous.

In the name of the Fandom, I say:

https://youtu.be/l1YmS_VDvMY
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If adult Bobby had come to this realization himself, I'd be fine with it. The Teen Jean telepathic outing of his younger self is such a ridiculously and needlessly convoluted scenario that barely makes sense. Or makes no sense.
    I hope older Bobby stays in the closet. That would be hilaRious. Not a good role model or anything but believable to me.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-03-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

Also, why does Marvel publish Uncanny X-men 600? I thought they went with new numbering then it seems they randomly release these milestone issues. Can someone explain this to me? I kinda quit Marvel but still love a lot of characters (or the older versions of them before the pandering Marvel writers made them gay or black or whatever...).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-03-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: rude

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    There's still no way of this making sense without a retcon. The idea that Iceman could slip his homosexuality under the radar while being in constant contact with a large number of psychics is preposterous.
    Why is it preposterous? None of them have ANY reason to force him out of the closet. Why the hell would they do that? Also, he's well trained in shielding against psychics by Xavier himself.

Spectacular Member

Folks expected this type of conversation to be resolved in a few panels?

I'm personally enjoying it. It's painfully awkward, as it should be. Did anyone have that friend who everyone thought he or she was gay but was still closeted? Now, just imagine their younger self confronting them about it. Basically saying, "well, you remained closeted all your life. I'm not gonna do that. But I think you should know, just in case people talk..." This really forces adult Bobby to re-examine his life. The line about being gay and a mutant is pretty powerful too.

And before folks get upset that this is getting screen time on a comic, life issues are a regular topic for the x-books.
    Last edited by poneley; 11-03-2015 at 02:37 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookMan View Post
    Also, why does Marvel publish Uncanny X-men 600? I thought they went with new numbering then it seems they randomly release these milestone issues. Can someone explain this to me? I kinda quit Marvel but still love a lot of characters (or the older versions of them before the pandering Marvel writers made them gay or black or whatever...).
    ... It's not pandering to have a character realize his sexuality over the course of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by poneley View Post
    Folks expected this type of conversation to be resolved in a few panels?

I'm personally enjoying it. It's painfully awkward, as it should be. Did anyone have that friend who everyone thought he or she was gay but was still closeted? Now, just imagine their younger self confronting them about it. Basically saying, "well, you kinda wasted the next few years of your life being closeted. I'm not gonna do that. But I think you should know, just in case people talk..." This really forces adult Bobby to re-examine his life. The line about being gay and a mutant is pretty powerful too.

And before folks get upset that this is getting screen time on a comic, life issues are a regular topic for the x-books.
    The friend would be me tbh.

My only issue with all of this is everyone seems to be making it about Jean. Again. Even Bobby this time.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 11-03-2015 at 04:16 PM.