Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    American Vampire, Transmet, Swamp Thing by Moore, Preacher, Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Lucifer, Sandman....there's still a lot to collect.
    The only double -dipped in terms of Absolutes/Omnibus and deluxe editions seem to be Death, Invisibles, and Y the Last Man, so there is some precedent. Books like Sandman, Preacher, Transmet and Doom Patrol could eventually get deluxes, but I get the feeling they are in no rush to do so. Doom Patrol went directly from Omnibus to fat trades, for example.

Also with books like Hellblazer and Lucifer the fact that they are getting the fat trade treatment doesn't bode well.

I wish all these books would get deluxe editions, but I'm not expecting it.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    If you did not enjoy the first book, I would advise getting the second book because of the story arc friendly fire. It is an amazing arc and if you're only paying $16 on instocktrades.com then I think book 2 is worth the buy to see if the story does anything for you.
    I would advice maybe a library read? Recently finished it, and didn't like it much. It's ok, but nothing essential, felt like unused potential. Agree that the 2nd book is prolly the most interesting, book 3 is also ok.
    It would've been nice to include a detailed map of Manhattan with it , since there are so many locations mentioned t/out it, it feels you really need to know a lot about the city.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    What other major series are left to turn into Deluxes? Maybe American Vampire when Snyder finally gets around to finishing it. Would love to see Transmetropolitan in Deluxes, but the fact they are in Absolutes now makes it uncertain.
    Astro City and Swamp Thing are the two big ones that come to mind. And if Jack of Fables is getting the deluxe treatment then surely Fairest? And I would love to see oversized hardcovers of Madam Xanadu.

YES to Madme Xanadu ( and to all mentioned, really..) !! Wonderful read.

All-New Member

Hey everyone, the first post in now updated and here are the next deluxe books to be published:

SEBASTIAN O/THE MYSTERY PLAY (October 2017)

FABLES 15 (November 2017)

TRILLIUM (November 2017)

THE UNWRITTEN 2 (December 2017)

All-New Member

First post updated

Quote Originally Posted by jota23 View Post
    First post updated
    Thanks but didn't DC cancel Unwritten vol. 2?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Unfortunately yes.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Global Frequency will be published under the Vertigo banner?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Unfortunately yes.
    Didn't know that, I will correct it.

In the Vertigo website it said "Available, Buy Now" so I just assumed it was out.

Thanks for the heads up

Amazing Member

4 new Vertigo deluxe books up on Amazon.

Global Frequency (12 issues)
    Vertigo: Celebration of 25 Years (oral history)
    V for Vendetta: 30th Anniversary
    Animal Man by Grant Morrison Book 1 30th Anniversary

I'm really excited about Animal Man being released in deluxe versions (omni is soooo bulky), but i wish we'd get hardcovers of Animal Man post-Morrison. Same with Doom Patrol.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    4 new Vertigo deluxe books up on Amazon.

Global Frequency (12 issues)
    Vertigo: Celebration of 25 Years (oral history)
    V for Vendetta: 30th Anniversary
    Animal Man by Grant Morrison Book 1 30th Anniversary

I'm really excited about Animal Man being released in deluxe versions (omni is soooo bulky), but i wish we'd get hardcovers of Animal Man post-Morrison. Same with Doom Patrol.
    They can't even finish Doom Patrol in trades (book 4 - Pollack's first volume - was canceled), so I really doubt we'll see anything reprinted that's not Morrison. Hardcover or otherwise.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    They can't even finish Doom Patrol in trades (book 4 - Pollack's first volume - was canceled), so I really doubt we'll see anything reprinted that's not Morrison. Hardcover or otherwise.
    Not surprised they cancelled Pollack’s run. It was terrible. Haha. At least I thought so.
    I wasn’t too fond of post-Morrison Animal Man but he had some big names follow him, so I am a little surprised DC hasn’t collected some of those stories in deluxe HC.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Not surprised they cancelled Pollack’s run. It was terrible. Haha. At least I thought so.
    I wasn’t too fond of post-Morrison Animal Man but he had some big names follow him, so I am a little surprised DC hasn’t collected some of those stories in deluxe HC.
    Pollack's DP is definitely an acquired taste. It gets (slightly) better upon re-read.

While I love Morrison's Animal Man, Jamie Delano's run is my gold standard; it's excellent from start to finish.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pollack's DP is definitely an acquired taste. It gets (slightly) better upon re-read.

While I love Morrison's Animal Man, Jamie Delano's run is my gold standard; it's excellent from start to finish.
    I enjoyed Morrison's Animal Man, the fact that Buddy was an Everyman and the themes he brought up. Peter Milligan's short run was a little bit too surreal for me. I disliked Tom Veitch's run. I didn't take to what he did with Buddy's character or others such as Bwana Beast (Mike Maxwell). I haven't yet read Jamie Delano's run. I aim to read it at some point in the near future.