Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Can this be added to the Dc hardcover thread? It's pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Second this. That first page needs to be updated heavy too. It would be nice to get a comprehensive omnibus/absolute list as well.
    we are currently looking for someone who could reboot the DC thread like Canucked did with the Marvel one. Then it could be added to the basic infos.
    If anybody is interested let me or one of the other mods now!

All-New Member

First post updated. The Sandman: Overture is now on sale and Sweet Tooth 2 is scheduled for April.

Has any one heard of any info or would like to take a guess when we could see a deluxe/ omni of american vampire first cycle??

Kid Eternity by Morrison came out this week.

There is also a DM variant of Sandman Overture.

Does anyone have any of the Ex Machina HC books? Whats the quality of the HC and are they a worthy buy?

All-New Member

First post updated.

DMZ 5, Kid Eternity and Scalped 3 are now on sale.

Next release will be Kill Your Boyfriend / Vimanarama in February.

Fables 12 and Scalped 4 have been announced and will be released in May.

All-New Member

First post updated.

Vertigo seems to be slowing down on the Deluxe books. Only 3 scheduled until September. Does anyone have any news about what titles might be getting this treatment?

Do you guys think there's a chance of ever seeing Sandman and Hellblazer with deluxe editions?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jota23 View Post
    First post updated.

Vertigo seems to be slowing down on the Deluxe books. Only 3 scheduled until September. Does anyone have any news about what titles might be getting this treatment?

Do you guys think there's a chance of ever seeing Sandman and Hellblazer with deluxe editions?
    Well the Unwritten and Jack of Fables were recently announced. But it seems most of the big titles have gotten the deluxe treatment at this point. I think DC missed the boat with Northlanders and Doom Patrol, as they opted for the fat trades. Amercan Vampire will no doubt see deluxe at some point. I for one would love some deluxe Sandman HC's. In fact, I've been holding out upgrading my trades for a while. I think its only matter of time. I dont think hellblazer will get the treatment though.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Well the Unwritten and Jack of Fables were recently announced. But it seems most of the big titles have gotten the deluxe treatment at this point. I think DC missed the boat with Northlanders and Doom Patrol, as they opted for the fat trades. Amercan Vampire will no doubt see deluxe at some point. I for one would love some deluxe Sandman HC's. In fact, I've been holding out upgrading my trades for a while. I think its only matter of time. I dont think hellblazer will get the treatment though.
    Would love to have the northlanders in deluxe. I don't think Hellblazer has even been collected in hardcover, which is a bit weird.

A reprint for We3 and Joe the barbarian? They're very hard to find right now

All-New Member

I just read Scalped vol 3, and was pleasently surprised to see that it was a sewn binding. All my other vertigo deluxes have been glued, making them hard to keep open. I really hope that they continue with this. I hate glued hardcovers they just seem cheap compared to "real" sewn hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasborg View Post
    I just read Scalped vol 3, and was pleasently surprised to see that it was a sewn binding. All my other vertigo deluxes have been glued, making them hard to keep open. I really hope that they continue with this. I hate glued hardcovers they just seem cheap compared to "real" sewn hardcovers.
    Yeah it's a major improvement. It seems to be the new standard too. It's the same for Sweet Tooth vol. 2 (and 1?) and a few others I noticed the same change.

Sewn binding is great news! I love the Vertigo deluxe format and would gladly take it over massive omnis or Absolutes for these larger runs.

Any chance that the DMZ Deluxe Book 1 will get a reprint? Also any chance at an Absolute, with the recent Y and Preacher it would be nice to see absolutes of other vertigo series.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    Any chance that the DMZ Deluxe Book 1 will get a reprint? Also any chance at an Absolute, with the recent Y and Preacher it would be nice to see absolutes of other vertigo series.
    I'm with you on DMZ Deluxe Edition Volume 1. I wanted to get into that series and was ready to order last week on Amazon or EBAY until I choked on the price. Apparently they didn't print enough of those, but printed plenty of the rest of the editions as they are still at a low price.
    I don't want it in TPB format either. I want Deluxe Editions and Omnibus's for everything!!!!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....