Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hopefully an Absolute is in the future. A very good series with a unique idea and would definitely worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecHolland View Post
    Hopefully an Absolute is in the future. A very good series with a unique idea and would definitely worth the price.
    I got the first HC but couldn't get into it, would I get into it, Or is it more of the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I got the first HC but couldn't get into it, would I get into it, Or is it more of the same?
    If you did not enjoy the first book, I would advise getting the second book because of the story arc friendly fire. It is an amazing arc and if you're only paying $16 on instocktrades.com then I think book 2 is worth the buy to see if the story does anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The series follows the same theme and style so if you're not into it, then the chances are you won't enjoy the rest. I still highly advise you read the friendly fire story arc though.

Spectacular Member

Shouldn't the House of Secrets omni be on the list? And the Sleeper omni too I believe is under the Vertigo imprint.

Edit: I see this is for Deluxe editions only - should omnibus editions be included as a seperate list? It would be helpful for collectors of all manner of hardcovers.
    Last edited by fillmont; 08-14-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Shouldn't the House of Secrets omni be on the list? And the Sleeper omni too I believe is under the Vertigo imprint.

Edit: I see this is for Deluxe editions only - should omnibus editions be included as a seperate list? It would be helpful for collectors of all manner of hardcovers.
    There's only a handful (Invisibles, HoS, Doom Patrol, Animal Man, LOEG, Sleeper, Sandman and iZombie i believe) so not sure it would be worthy of its own thread. Not that this one sees much action. There has been solicits for Jack of Fables v1 and Unwritten V1 that aren't updated on here as of yet.

Incredible Member

I'm ready for some deluxe editions of American Vampire!

All-New Member

I bought a lot of the deluxe editions and now I'm kicking myself because Vertigo is putting out a lot of Absolutes which I like a lot better.

All-New Member

List in the first post is now 100% updated.

Coming soon...

Sweet Tooth 3 (November 2016)

The Unwritten 1 (December 2016)

Jack of Fables 1 (January 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I'm ready for some deluxe editions of American Vampire!
    No kidding. I wonder if they're waiting for the series to end before they start or if DC is just lame.

JOTA23 - Thanks for making the update!!!!
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 10-15-2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: typing errors!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    JOTA23 - Thanks for making the update!!!!
    Sure, I do it for my own use, so why not share it?

All-New Member

First post updated.

Only 2 books in the first semester of 2017 and no news past April, does anyone know if Vertigo/DC is still commited to this format or is the tendency to quit deluxe?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jota23 View Post
    First post updated.

Only 2 books in the first semester of 2017 and no news past April, does anyone know if Vertigo/DC is still commited to this format or is the tendency to quit deluxe?
    It probably has more to do that there isn't all that much essential Vertigo left to collect in Deluxe editions. Vertigo hasn't had a ton of success lately with series reaching their natural conclusion - cancelled series don't typically get the Deluxe treatment. As for past notable series without Deluxes, or Deluxes planned, either have other formats already out (Absolutes, Ominbus), or Vertigo seems convinced that simple trades are all that will be financially viable (like Lucifer, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Books of Magic). For the second category, I'm honestly just happy to see Vertigo is seemingly committed to getting these series completely collected in any format.

What other major series are left to turn into Deluxes? Maybe American Vampire when Snyder finally gets around to finishing it. Would love to see Transmetropolitan in Deluxes, but the fact they are in Absolutes now makes it uncertain.

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    It probably has more to do that there isn't all that much essential Vertigo left to collect in Deluxe editions. Vertigo hasn't had a ton of success lately with series reaching their natural conclusion - cancelled series don't typically get the Deluxe treatment. As for past notable series without Deluxes, or Deluxes planned, either have other formats already out (Absolutes, Ominbus), or Vertigo seems convinced that simple trades are all that will be financially viable (like Lucifer, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Books of Magic). For the second category, I'm honestly just happy to see Vertigo is seemingly committed to getting these series completely collected in any format.

What other major series are left to turn into Deluxes? Maybe American Vampire when Snyder finally gets around to finishing it. Would love to see Transmetropolitan in Deluxes, but the fact they are in Absolutes now makes it uncertain.
    American Vampire, Transmet, Swamp Thing by Moore, Preacher, Doom Patrol, Hellblazer, Lucifer, Sandman....there's still a lot to collect.