Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pollack's DP is definitely an acquired taste. It gets (slightly) better upon re-read.

While I love Morrison's Animal Man, Jamie Delano's run is my gold standard; it's excellent from start to finish.
    JD is an underrated writer that doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Would love to see a nice Outlaw Nation collection (a series that ended too soon) although I’m not sure it’s under Vertigo anymore. I seem to recall another company reprinting a black and white tpb edition years ago.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I enjoyed Morrison's Animal Man, the fact that Buddy was an Everyman and the themes he brought up. Peter Milligan's short run was a little bit too surreal for me. I disliked Tom Veitch's run. I didn't take to what he did with Buddy's character or others such as Bwana Beast (Mike Maxwell). I haven't yet read Jamie Delano's run. I aim to read it at some point in the near future.
    If you read (end enjoyed) Lemire's New 52 run, you'll love Delano's; the former heavily inspired the latter.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If you read (end enjoyed) Lemire's New 52 run, you'll love Delano's; the former heavily inspired the latter.
    I plan on reading the N52 run once I've read Delano's run.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    JD is an underrated writer that doesn’t get the credit he deserves. Would love to see a nice Outlaw Nation collection (a series that ended too soon) although I’m not sure it’s under Vertigo anymore. I seem to recall another company reprinting a black and white tpb edition years ago.
    Yeah it was from Image but it's OOP now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outlaw-Nati...dp/158240707X/

All-New Member

The first post was updated. I've seen some 30th anniversary editions being mentioned as deluxe editions, but only Animal Man and V are referred to as deluxe editions by DC, so I only added those to the list.

The are no indications of coming deluxe editions so I suppose it's a format Vertigo has abandoned, which is a pity. If this is the case, then the first post is a full checklist, please let me know if you find any errors in it.

Thanks

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jota23 View Post
    The first post was updated. I've seen some 30th anniversary editions being mentioned as deluxe editions, but only Animal Man and V are referred to as deluxe editions by DC, so I only added those to the list.

The are no indications of coming deluxe editions so I suppose it's a format Vertigo has abandoned, which is a pity. If this is the case, then the first post is a full checklist, please let me know if you find any errors in it.

Thanks
    The Sebastien O/Mystery Play, while a hardcover, is standard sized. So it's like The Wake.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jota23 View Post

Thanks
    The dust jacket on animal man refers to it as the first of two 30th anniversary collections so I guess we’ll get the rest of Morrison’s run. I’m just worried that it hasn’t been solicited. Hopefully it sells well enough to warrant vol 3. The tpbs ended up collecting the rest of the original series I believe, or a deluxe version of the Lemire run would be great too.