Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What if wonder woman is bitten by a werewolf?

Well, the title speaks for itself. Yeah, i know is kinda an atypical question, but since im a fan of those mytical creatures, and the thing is not so out of place, since the supernatural stuff exist in the DCU
    So, i wonder. If Diana is bitten by a werewolf ( i dont think she faced one yet in continuity, but maybe i am wrong, its so much years and stories, and im not too fond in all her story) , would she be cursed and then turn into one or her demi godess status would give her inmunity?

Interesting question!

I'd lean more toward her having an immunity, personally, but that said if the story was based around that concept, it could prove interesting for a Diana infused with a werewolf to be prowling around. Perhaps the demi-goddess status would result in her being in control of the transformation, or could even go the opposite direction and cause the power to increase exponentially with her other powers? A demi-goddess, super-powered [beyond the standard] werewolf could be very scary!

BANNED

Would a werewolf even be able to draw blood with a bite?

I would actually like to know what would happen if Diana bites a werewolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Would a werewolf even be able to draw blood with a bite?
    Cheetah can. She's mythical/mystical in nature, so I don't see why a werewolf [also mythical/mystical] couldn't?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBulman View Post
    Cheetah can. She's mythical/mystical in nature, so I don't see why a werewolf [also mythical/mystical] couldn't?
    I discern different levels in mysticism.
    A relatively mundane curse is to the avatar of a god like paintball pellets to deleted uranium crap.

Also, Cheetah is stronger than your 'normal' werewolf in much the same way that Wonder Woman is stronger than a mugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I discern different levels in mysticism.
    A relatively mundane curse is to the avatar of a god like paintball pellets to deleted uranium crap.

Also, Cheetah is stronger than your 'normal' werewolf in much the same way that Wonder Woman is stronger than a mugger.
    I guess it would come down to how strong the werewolf in question was for the purpose of the story. Presumably we're discussing the potential for it to happen, so the creature would need to be able to fulfill that role - by being made strong enough, at least bite wise, to draw blood and transfer the curse [blah blah etc].

In the sense of a 'walk straight out of a werewolf movie/television series' creature, I agree with you, yes. No chance.

Well, if we assume what Cheetah did to Superman in the Justice League comic is similar to or more powerful than a werewolf bite I would guess WW's immune cause magic.

Mighty Member

Idk, figures it depends on the story :P

But fair guess would be yes, since a werewolf showing up in a story tends to lead to such thing as someone getting bitten and then getting hairy while howling at the moon.

BANNED

lol, WW turning into a nightmare beast under the full moon sounds interesting. She is already powerful, so it would a be really scary escenario for the league. Hum, JL werewolves actually sounds like a cool theme for an elseworld , alternate story or something like that
    And dont forget Lycaon is from Greek myth

BANNED

I'd imagine nothing would happen, considering nothing happens to her when it's Cheetah, similarly I doub't a vampire biting her would turn her.

BANNED

Im bringing life back to this thread, lol

Its curious that the word lycantrophy is somewhat tied to agreek myth, Lycaon, the king who was turned into a wolf by zeus for his cruelty.So, werewolves are not so strange to the greek lore that is Diana thing
    I think lycantropes are underused in the DCU, anyays, even the "drak" corner doest bother so much with them, and its a shame, they are my fav mythical monsters
    And again with the question , i guess it depends of how powerful would be the werewolf in question. what if , as other poster says, her status dont bring her inmunity, but , in a opossite way, just make the curse more powerful. I dont think mainstream comics would go with something like that ( a beastly transfromation to a main character, even if its for a temporary story) but its interesting to imagine how things would play out

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon the Sea Dragon View Post
    Well, the title speaks for itself. Yeah, i know is kinda an atypical question, but since im a fan of those mytical creatures, and the thing is not so out of place, since the supernatural stuff exist in the DCU
    So, i wonder. If Diana is bitten by a werewolf ( i dont think she faced one yet in continuity, but maybe i am wrong, its so much years and stories, and im not too fond in all her story) , would she be cursed and then turn into one or her demi godess status would give her inmunity?
    I imagine she has some sort of immunity, but perhaps they can make the story interesting by making the curse affect her temporarily but it eventually wears off.

Mighty Member

itd be really interesting i think shed learn how to control her were wolf side well and would have a very large pack of friends maybe all her villains are people who got turned and didnt know how to control their wolf side. it reminds me of that golden age story about her having all that power when she took her bracelets off and how the amazons were all about learning to submit and control their powers. id love to see an elseworld where the JL are all werewolves or something like that or maybe an elseworld where the amazons are all werewolves and diana leaves her pack to go live in the human world
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 03-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by willienotwilliam View Post
    itd be really interesting i think shed learn how to control her were wolf side well and would have a very large pack of friends maybe all her villains are people who got turned and didnt know how to control their wolf side. it reminds me of that golden age story about her having all that power when she took her bracelets off and how the amazons were all about learning to submit and control their powers. id love to see an elseworld where the JL are all werewolves or something like that or maybe an elseworld where the amazons are all werewolves and diana leaves her pack to go live in the human world
    True, it would be a cool elseworld