BANNED

Default God of War (2018)

game looks magnificent, my eyes are bleeding, those graphics

at first I was skeptical of these changes...

but now I'm all aboard for it, the dynamic between Kratos and his son is going to be so good, creates a dynamic for Kratos to reflect on his terrible past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyfeHouV7_M (the E3 conference trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE2BVRCUkM (the direct trailer)

I still don't know how I feel about this game. The combat system in GoW may not have been up to Bayonetta/DMC standards but there was still a decent amount of depth to it and you could still get really creative with the combat. Looking at the trailers for the new God of War, I'm not seeing any juggles or aerial shenanigans or any of the fun stuff from past games. I don't want my 100-hit combos stripped away because they want to make the game even more, "cinematic". When I think about God of War, this is the kind of combat that comes to mind

I know we've only seen a little of the combat from the new game, but I hope they didn't take all the craziness out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I still don't know how I feel about this game. The combat system in GoW may not have been up to Bayonetta/DMC standards but there was still a decent amount of depth to it and you could still get really creative with the combat. Looking at the trailers for the new God of War, I'm not seeing any juggles or aerial shenanigans or any of the fun stuff from past games. I don't want my 100-hit combos stripped away because they want to make the game even more, "cinematic". When I think about God of War, this is the kind of combat that comes to mind

I know we've only seen a little of the combat from the new game, but I hope they didn't take all the craziness out of it.
    to be fair, alot of the god of war combat was getting stale by Ascension...it's evident that Santa Monica had to do some re imagining of God of War

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    to be fair, alot of the god of war combat was getting stale by Ascension...it's evident that Santa Monica had to do some re imagining of God of War
    I can understand wanting to change things up. The series could use it, I just hope they don't strip it down too much in the process. I don't want another Dragon Age: Inquisition.

BANNED

I just found out about this game yesterday. I'm so excited!!! Kratos returns! Woooo!

And he's taking on Norse mythology - unbelievable!

This is THE game I've been waiting for from SONY/PlayStation since the next gen systems came out. God of War ranks way up on my all-time game franchise list. Unbelievably excited for this. Can. Not. Wait.

I know this is going to sound horrible, but I'm going to be really disappointed if this game doesn't end with Kratos tearfully putting that axe between his child's eyes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I know this is going to sound horrible, but I'm going to be really disappointed if this game doesn't end with Kratos tearfully putting that axe between his child's eyes.
    Wouldn't you rather see Kratos go out with honor and end the series with his adult son carrying on his legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Wouldn't you rather see Kratos go out with honor and end the series with his adult son carrying on his legacy?
    Not really. The tragedy that is Kratos' life is what makes him a compelling character. He is murder and rage incarnate, he has ruined his life and every chance he ever got close to redemption, and he knows it. Giving him a happy end at his point would just feel forced. Though, the Norse myths aren't as big on soul crushing tragedy as the Greeks, so maybe it would be more fitting your way. Though there might be nothing more tragic than Kratos dooming his son to the same life as himself, so maybe it works either way.

I'm actually really excited for GOW4.

This is the game ive beem waiting for to consider buying a playstation but ive always been an xbox guy too bad our quality exclusives are few and far between.

BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6oqhnr-Cg

here's a video explaining some of the details about what happened between GOW 3 and the new game, there's going to be a series on this before the game comes out in the coming months

here's the official website if you want to see more http://godofwar.playstation.com/

BANNED

Default RIP Thor

because come April 20th, you gonna be in Kratos' way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0u_kAWLJOA