Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its enjoyable
    I'm more interested in the supporting characters than Gordon
    I'm more interested in the fallout of everything when Bruce becomes Batman again though
    I'll admit Snyder is missing some great character work by leaving the Batman family stuff to the other writers

Spectacular Member

I'll go against the general grain of everyone else on this thread and say I'm actually liking it a lot. Death of the Family, Zero Year and Endgame were all pretty big "game changing" stories that played out like a Hollywood blockbuster movie where as this arc is a little smaller, the pacing is different, the scale is a bit smaller, it's a nice break from the constant doomsday scenarios Batman has been encountering for the last few years. Also they're presenting you with a Batman who is not "The" Batman and he knows he isn't but he's still trying to do his best to live up to the mantle and the cowl. Through him we are seeing what makes Bruce and his version of Batman unique and entirely necessary. While it would be nice to to know why Dick or Tim or Jason didn't step up to the cowl again I think spending time on the why they didn't takes away from the story Snyder is telling, which is why Gordon felt he had too. And the Bat Family being the Bat Family they all are probably aware it's Gordon in the suit and are ok with that choice.

The book, for me, has been great and I'm excited to see where they take it and what comes next for Batman.

BANNED

Have nothing against it but it doesn`t pick my interest.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    It's been a while since Jim Gordon is the new Batman in Gotham.
    What are your impressions about this run? Let's talk about it
    I hate it. I really do. At least he's in a suit of armor and not running around in Batman's cape with fighting skills all of a sudden. Still, I hate it.

I'm sick and tired of comic companies thinking it's "cute" to replace their characters with someone else for a little while (yeah, that's right Marvel. I'm looking at you too! re: Cap). I buy Batman to read about Bruce as Batman, not Gordon. Stop toying with my emotions and put Bruce back in the suit.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I've dropped it. I guess the story is alright for some but for me it is boring.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 11-06-2015 at 03:43 PM.

So I only read Detective Comics, and I don't read the cross-title arcs that DC do when they want to rake in more money. So a few issues ago when Batman turned into Robocop i'm like - hey what happened - no clue from the previous Detective Comics issue. Not a good story line IMHO, though now a befuddled Bruce Wayne has made a re-appearence hopefully he'll come back properly and we'll see the last of BatGordon.

I was really into buying some Batman comics this last year but dropped the book after issue #40. I freakin' hate "replacement" hero stories almost as much as I hate "death of a character" stories.

Probably dropping Grayson any week now too.

I just want to read about Batman and Nightwing but, whatever, there's plenty of other books to read so I read those instead.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This might have worked as an Elseworlds tale or at most a 3 issue arc...but almost a full year? Who thought this was a good idea? I guess Snyder can do what he wants, but sales have definitely slipped

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I enjoy the hell out of it.

Meh, its' okay however by no means would I want it to become permanent.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

He's not Batman...he is a corporate super hero. As a cop Jim Gordon was unique...but here and in the new 52 he has been a very weirdly written character. Not a fan...because he is not Batman.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think he will go on much longer, BVS hits in march trailers will be making rounds by the holidays. DC will want Bruce back in his seat soon. Probably by February he is gonna be out of shape his first issue back