Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    I was talking about the final issue and I gave it a shot at the beginning just not me cup of tea.
    I liked the final issue a lot, it was kind of awkward with and at times unpolished but the giant overall accepting of mutants was touching and it seemed like X-men was going to come in more in line with the real world zeitgiest instead of just mutants being persecuted and then the terragin mist Cyclops terrorist re-story line happened.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    If you're talking about the entire run then I think they both started out well. Then crossovers and sexuality changing kinda ruined it for me.
    Big "events" and attempts to grab headlines are dual-handedly killing my interest in Marvel Comics. Aside from those things, this run on Uncanny could have been my favorite ever. It had SO MUCH potential!!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    I liked the final issue a lot, it was kind of awkward with and at times unpolished but the giant overall accepting of mutants was touching and it seemed like X-men was going to come in more in line with the real world zeitgiest instead of just mutants being persecuted and then the terragin mist Cyclops terrorist re-story line happened.
    I wanted to buy into it, the problem was that Bendis didn't build into it. There was no work done on the ground to have Scott's speech count for something, anything. He didn't show mutants meeting with governments to set this up and create something sustainable. It just felt like Bendis was dialing it in, the laziest way possible, putting lipstick on a pig. That Iceman scene could have been amazing. The Kitty, Peter and Yana scene felt rushed and the voices didn't sound right. Then the trial of beast was ridiculous.

I'm just glad my girl Eva was in it. Pretty cool appearance, too...

Spectacular Member

It was the worst, I pulled it at the Midtown Comics, but only checked it out at home later, suffice it too say I took it back and exchanged it for Extraordinary X-Men#1, I was done with it, not any kind of a Classic whatsoever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    So I just read Uncanny 600 and it felt like there should be more to the story of hank and Cyclops story and I don't think anyone will finish it, I haven't read the all new books yet
    With Secret Wars and Cyclops death in Secret wars 4.The all new starts 8 months later so will we learn about hank during the 8 month gap. I heard on here Cyclops died with the Inhumans. so im Guessing somehow people who died gets revived then Cyclops died during the 8 month gap
    Here you need to learn the most important lesson from this issue : Do not buy a book written by Bendis.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Is that all there is, my friends?

Then let's keep dancing....

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Pi View Post
    It was the worst, I pulled it at the Midtown Comics, but only checked it out at home later, suffice it too say I took it back and exchanged it for Extraordinary X-Men#1, I was done with it, not any kind of a Classic whatsoever.
    You turned in an overcooked turkey for a meatless sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    Is that all there is, my friends?

Then let's keep dancing....
    Dancing is always good for the mind and the body