Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

When plotting the Magik series for the Age of Marvels line I had the Rasputin parents join the Purifiers, but that wasn't a flashback. It was about a confrontation between a daughter and her parents. And it's a different continuity. It does seem out of left field to retcon them as horrible parents when they've been deed for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It opens with the preview of Storm talking to her imaginary friend Prof. X. Ice Man comes in to tell her that Magik's dealing with a situation in New Dehli.
    The best part is that Storm is talking to herself and outloud. I hope this keeps up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Yeah no.

You always send people out in teams just in case, letting Illyana go out on her own, no matter much she insists, is bad leadership. Say someone managed to kill her, X-Haven wouldn't know what happened possibly for weeks.

Cyclops, as usual, was right about the protocol for retrieving mutants from potentially hostel environments.
    More than that, Ice Man says that she's 'keeping this place safe.' He makes it sound like they'd be defenseless without her.

Also, if there's going to be some sort of power struggle between Illyana and Ororo, who doyou think all those refugees are doing to side with? The one who rescued all of them by herself and who had to convince them to trust her at the start, or the one who sits in her office talking to imaginary friends?

Colossus put in the barn? Even then his family knew he was a beast.

#DeadpoolTeamUp

More than that, Ice Man says that she's 'keeping this place safe.' He makes it sound like they'd be defenseless without her.
    Magical barriers/shields, perhaps?

BANNED

Well, so it sounds like they didn't kick Hank out, and his association with the Inhumans is voluntary on all sides. So much for the Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, so it sounds like they didn't kick Hank out, and his association with the Inhumans is voluntary on all sides. So much for the Trial.
    I noticed that too. I know a lot can happen in 8 months, but he left at the end of Uncanny X-men #600 pretty upset. For them to just shrug that off while continuing to condemn Cyclops for every possible reason makes no sense. We still don't know enough about what happened in the 8-month gap, but the fact that Beast isn't actually on the team in this book is still a telling sign that there's distance between him and the X-men right now. And I guess that's better than nothing. After what happened in his "trial," I don't think he should be on the X-men's main team for the foreseeable future. Maybe when Marvel finally gets around to sending the O5 X-men back to the past, they'll address that. But for now, I think Beast does not deserve any trust or rank in the X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I noticed that too. I know a lot can happen in 8 months, but he left at the end of Uncanny X-men #600 pretty upset. For them to just shrug that off while continuing to condemn Cyclops for every possible reason makes no sense. We still don't know enough about what happened in the 8-month gap, but the fact that Beast isn't actually on the team in this book is still a telling sign that there's distance between him and the X-men right now. And I guess that's better than nothing. After what happened in his "trial," I don't think he should be on the X-men's main team for the foreseeable future. Maybe when Marvel finally gets around to sending the O5 X-men back to the past, they'll address that. But for now, I think Beast does not deserve any trust or rank in the X-men.
    They need someone to try to fix the Terrigen Mist problem. Kitty is a genius too but she decided that the Guardians need Star-Lord harder then the X-Men need Kitty Pryde. They kinda HAVE to work with Beast, at the end of the day.

A few questions.
    Why Old Man Logan in Canada? He should be in New York.
    Where is the body of the real Wolverine?
    Where did the sentinel?

BANNED

'What Cyclops did' seems to be that rally in Uncanny 600. Magik said that since then people no longer fear mutants, they just hate them.

Nope, clearly not the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I doubt this is the case. Cyclops just rallying mutants isn't enough. It's not a crime and none of the X-men got all that upset about it in Uncanny X-men #600. The real hatred against mutants didn't come from that rally. It came from the plague they're causing. This was already shown in the EXM #1 preview. Somehow, this plague is affecting humans too and they're blaming mutants for it. It happened during the 8-month gap and Cyclops appears to have a role in it. Storm said he's "gone." So whatever happened, it was bad. I think it's on the level of him killing Charles Xavier bad. At least, that's the impression I get. We don't really get many clues in this issue, but it's going to come up at some point. And I have a feeling it's not going to pan out well for Cyclops' character.
    Mutants are not causing a plague, but It something Scott did that's violent and it seems to connect to UIH as well.

'What Cyclops did' seems to be that rally in Uncanny 600. Magik said that since then people no longer fear mutants, they just hate them.
    I don't think it's about that. Maybe it's about something that happened after what we saw in UXM 600 but I doubt it. Don't forget that there is "Time Run Out" and then the 8 months gap after SW before EXM.

Blah blah blah terrigen, blah blah blah we're doomed, blah blah blah lets pretend Jeen wasn't a budding supervillain pre-reboot. Ramos art still not worth the paper it's printed on. About what I expected from the one and only issue of extraordinary X-men I will ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And it was part of the tragedy of the character that a good portion of his messed up behavior came from being taken away from happy family and how cruelly he lost them. This "revelation" really serves nothing. And I wasn't overly keen on yet another sequence where Nightcrawler spends a fight scene quoting the Bible.
    Both of those sequences were hot garbage. The bit with Kurt was downright painful to read.

Maybe the Ma & Pa Rasputin thing is a sign of a rebooted/combined universe post SW.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

This issue gave me a headache and a true sense of foreboding doom. But for once it's not because that was the intention but because I can already see how unfeasible the explanation they have cooked up for what Cyclops did will be.

Also I love how flippant they're being about mutants being sterilised. Maybe the X-Peeps themselves know that they've got no where else to go.

I have to give it to the idea of M-pox though. While not wholly original, it at least explains away the hatred for mutants well. People will hate them if they think their existence is actually actively killing them. A more rational explanation than 'well they have powers and are dressed weird but not in the same way as the Avengers who are cool'.