Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    "The only way the writers were able to keep that marriage going on the printed page for as long as they did was by changing who Pete and MJ were, by turning them into different people." --Roger Stern

Guess this means you're in the anti-marriage camp.
    Ohhhh they're never letting you back onto the Spider-Man Crawlspace now. ;-)
    Cute, Dan. I'd like to respectfully respond, but I said I wouldn't disrupt the topic of the thread anymore. If Mr Mets would be so kind as to thread drift this, we can continue the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Granted, however you are missing my point. What I meant by my post was it would be nice to see Peter enjoy his new found wealth and power some outside of his jobs (running PI & being Spider-Man). The guy never seems to have any real fun these days.
    But from my side, Pete can't have some serious fun, because of the hard reality of being a CEO. Mind you, I didn't expect the fun Pete had with Torch and Harry, though, so that was an indulgence. Johnny seems to be able to take Pete out of his role as CEO, and loosen up a bit. That's some super power Johnny Storm has.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-07-2015 at 10:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    you sorta just have to pray against intellectual dishonesty around these parts.

my suspicion here is that if you wanted to- you could uncover logic screw ups and omissions and inconsistencies of equal weight in any of those runs. if you wanted to.

hard for me to prove since i never lost sleep over that kind of stuff (hey i was a reader of x-men and transformers as a kid- both more holes than plot) and i wouldn't spend the time going through them now.

"good internal storytelling consistency" probably doesn't mean flawless right? any of those writers (especially micheline) have had their fair share of derps that anyone on this board could highlight.

a quote from an article on the lost art of no- prizing:

"It's not that I just blindly accepted whatever hash the writer was slinging, or that I did his job for him. It's that I gave the story's reality the benefit of the doubt because in the reader-writer relationship I wanted to be a partner, not an adversary."

its a good little read:
    http://ifanboy.com/articles/whatever...-prize-hunter/
    Maaaan, I love me some Chris Claremont X-Men. Like, the kinda love that could get me jailed in most parts of the world. But he left loose ends all over the place like a mafia hitman with ADD.

BANNED

Why the Torch was angry with Peter for buying the Baxter Building? Isn't it better under Peter's possession rather being taken over by some other, potentially hostile possessor?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Why the Torch was angry with Peter for buying the Baxter Building? Isn't it better under Peter's possession rather being taken over by some other, potentially hostile possessor?
    As I opined earlier, Peter didn't tell Johnny directly. He had to learn it from the news.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Unhappy

Not to mention Peter was most likely being sarcastic with the "fixer upper" joke, but Johnny's so down in the dumps that he took serious offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Point taken--I think I've steered this thread off topic long enough. On with the discussion!
    lol. Really?

No, I'm sooo disappointed you are giving up.

I was getting excited that you would badger him so much about this, that he would see the error in his ways and FINALLY
    write the book that covers all of the exciting intrigue behind how the interest rates on lending were painstakingly monitored by the Parker Industries accounting
    division, to choose exactly the right moment to initiate the leveraged buyout of Baxter Building Holding Company.

Now it may never happen.

Amazing Member

Now, Ike, cut it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    lol. Really?

I was getting excited that you would badger him so much about this, that he would see the error in his ways and FINALLY
    write the book that covers all of the exciting intrigue behind how the interest rates on lending were painstakingly monitored by the Parker Industries accounting
    division, to choose exactly the right moment to initiate the leveraged buyout of Baxter Building Holding Company.

Now it may never happen.
    LOL! So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    lol. Really?

Now it may never happen.
    Or at least include one line mentioning how Johnny and Ben lost ownership of the Baxter Building with Reed and Sue gone .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Ooh, wait. Another nitpick. Why is Valeria's statue way taller than her older brother's?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or at least include one line mentioning how Johnny and Ben lost ownership of the Baxter Building with Reed and Sue gone .
    I'd say it's because the more details you add to that story, the more any FF writer is beholden to if he or she wants to delve into the early days of the 8 months. Slott can use the Baxter Building, but as Peter pointed out it's there for the FF when they get back. It's pretty meta-commentary since they will be back.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As I opined earlier, Peter didn't tell Johnny directly. He had to learn it from the news.
    Which begs the question, why didn't Pete let Johnny know in advance? I get wanting to surprise Johnny with the statue, but there was no particular reason to leave him in the dark about building.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Johnny doesn't seem to really keep up with current events.

JJJ, Harry, Clash, the Zodiac, the people working for PI, SHIELD, the NYPD, and all those people at the ceremony all knew before Johnny did.

Good job, Torch!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 11-10-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

So, having read the book finally, I'd like to see a cover shot of spidey and the Zodiac before this is all over. I'm a little surprised Peter was waiting for Johnny as spidey- almost like he knew he'd be coming over SOON. Johnny was a typical hothead as usual, but he calmed down when he saw the statue? And where is Johnny living now, attilan? Since when is harry a single dad? I thought Liz would would get custody of little normie. What's up with the scientist fromerly known as Clash? And why is Norman osborn covered in bandages (if it IS Norman?)