View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Axend #2

0 0%
  • Black Science #17

3 7.14%
  • Citizen Jack #1

0 0%
  • Elephantmen #67

0 0%
  • The Humans #9

1 2.38%
  • Lazarus #20

8 19.05%
  • Monstress #1

11 26.19%
  • Nailbiter #17

1 2.38%
  • Paper Girls #2

8 19.05%
  • Rasputin #10

0 0%
  • Saints #2

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #9

2 4.76%
  • Velvet #12

8 19.05%
  • We Stand On Guard #5 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Other - Dark Corridor #4 or Sex #25

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 45 - Montress & Citizen Jack are out this week!

Welcome to the weekly Image poll, vote for your favourite comic & join the conversation!

Last week was clear-cut, with Black Magick's debut issue swamping the competition and snagging over half of all votes!

This week is another one with very stiff competition, with new story arcs for Black Science & Nailbiter, lots of new series getting going, Rasputin ending (for now?), We Stand on Guard hitting its penultimate issue already, and a big issue for The Humans as well.

And that's not even mentioning the new series out this week, 2 to be exact!
    First off is Citizen Jack, a horror-comedy about a devil-worshipping Presidential candidate and his demon/running mate in their bid for the Oval Office... I hear Donald Trump has this on pre-order already! (Too easy, couldn't resist.)
    Secondly we're finally getting the much-anticipated Monstress which saw Citizen Jack's double-sized debut and decided the only way to Trump (whoops again) it was to go triple-sized! Stay tuned next week for a trade-sized debut. In all seriousness, Monstress looks like a gorgeous steampunk/kaiju/fantasy story that will have many people excited.

232671.jpg 232680.jpg

Lazarus, Velvet and Monstress for me this week.

Just Black Science for me, though I'll give Monstress a look, but I think it's a little too final fantasy for me.

Monstress, Paper Girls, Elephantmen, Lazarus, and We Stand on Guard. Damned good week, but Monstress takes it. Gorgeous art, brutal story, great mystery. Can't wait for the next issue.

I've been wanting to check out Monstress since I heard it was going to be 66 pages long.

Monstress, Nailbiter, Paper Girls, Stray Bullets. Trade waiting on Lazarus. Monster week.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Just Lazarus for me. Feels like forever since the last issue came out. 2 months basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Lazarus, Velvet and Monstress for me this week.
    Same for me. Monstress didn't click with me. And so damn hard to decide between Lazarus and Velvet, but Velvet edged out just a bit for my vote. Both, though, continue to be fantastic.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I get Black Science and Monstress, but just teased myself with their contents. I'm quite eager to see the new direction in the storytelling of Black Science, but that 1st issue of Monstress seems really impressive ! I'm not sure if it will "click" for me and it's also perhaps "too final fantasy for me" , but I say : " Respect !", and will buy the next issues !

Black Science, Paper Girls, Stray Bullets, Monstress (the preview made it look like good spank-bank material), Nailbiter, Humans, We Stand On Guard, and Citizen Jack (if only to see how terrible Humphries writing is).
    The first 4 named are the ones really competing for my vote, the rest are underdogs.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 11-04-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Monstress looked really nice, but I passed on it. I might check it out later, who knows.

Amazing Member

Paper Girls is so good it's crazy, it's exactly the kind of thing I want from Image.

Haven't gotten a chance to read anything yet but Black Science, Monstress, Paper Girls, Rasputin, and We Stand On Guard are all in the mix.

It probably won't be We Stand On Guard though.

Black Science was good but it felt like it was over just after it started. Why? I guess I just wanted more after it being away for so long.

Great week for me! I really liked Rowans Ruin and Toil and Trouble from Boom. There's a new one from Vertigo (I still have to read). And Image offered up several treats.

Lazarus was superb as ever. 'Nuff said.

Paper Girls I have to think about. The situation escalated quickly and at first blush I didn't care for it as much as the last issue. But I'll see how I react to a second read through.

Velvet blew me away (and as Spy comics go, it even surpassed the highly anticipated Bond issue from Ellis). It's going to take an act of God for it not to get my vote. But I have a few more to read (Monstress, Nailbiter and We Stand On Guard) so I have to get to those first. But for now it's all about Velvet.
    Last edited by Doughy Man!; 11-04-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”