Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi Jeff, I signed up just to post some questions. Just got the first issue and I think it's great! I won't bother asking about the giant gap or about things that will probably get answered in their own right (e.g. what did Cyclops do? Why is Beast in Storm's good books again? Are the Inhumans replacing the X-men because of movie rights (just kidding!? ))

Anyway, here are three of my actual, hopefully answerable questions:

1. This story has opened up with a rather dark, tragic situation for the X-men, akin to things we've seen in the past (e.g. No More Mutants; Days of future Past; Age of Apocalypse). My question is simple: In ten years, will your run be remembered for re-establishing this darker tone? Will the lighter moments of brevity captured in some of the other series (e.g. Wolverine and the X-men,) be more or less absent in place of this, more or less, catastrophic callback to traditional X-men drama? (Not necessarily a bad thing).

2. (I'm a big Storm fan). Will Storm have any time for romance? Could she follow up on visiting poor Forge in Kenya to see how he's progressed with his weather technology, or was that story kind of dissolved with Secret Wars (it was in Greg Pak's run last year)? Maybe she's into the silver fox Logan?

3. Will your story be as interwoven with the continuing Uncanny/All-new X-men as the two titles were in the last couple of years? I kind of enjoyed the connectedness. Just wondering!

Thanks for reading and great work on the first issue!! I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

Amazing Member

One Question:

The first issue had a few of the X-kids shown in the background. It seems like this group has been pushed to the side for a while now, and the school and future becoming less of a focus. With the future of mutantkind in jeopardy, are there any plans to focus on them since they are the future?

Hi Jeff, Loved the first issue and looking forward to the second!

My question is about the X-Haven inhabitants. Obviously much has happened in the 8 month time jump and I am sure everything will be answered in time. We saw a few familiar faces residing at X-Haven. Anole, Rockslide, Blindfold, Glob Herman, etc. Did you specifically choose these characters, or did Humberto have free reign to draw who he wanted? Any hints as to who else might be hanging around? And will these characters play any significant role in the book?

Thanks!

BANNED

Hello, Jeff Lemire,

I read issue one of "Extraordinary X-Men". I enjoyed the issue very much. You demonstrated a firm grip on the characters and projected their personalities just right. I'm a huge Storm fan and have a few questions:

1) Could you please have Storm use her powers more creatively than just restricting her to shooting lightning all the time? Too many writers have been unimaginative in using Storm's powers over the past few years. Greg Pak did a wonderful job in using her powers creatively in her solo ongoing title over the last year. He was an exception to this. I just ask that her powers be used creatively in the stories.

2) About a year-and-a-half ago an all-female villain team was put together where Selene, Enchantress and Madelyne Pryor were all members of the team. Nothing was done with that idea, but it would be awesome to see a follow up on that!

3) I have read several interviews about the cast for this book as well as many posts from people on this forum. From what I gather, Storm, Old Man Logan, Iceman, Kurt, Peter, Magik, and Jean Grey are the primary cast members of the book while Forge and maybe other are going to be in a supporting role, right? Or is Forge going to be a major cast member in the same capacity as Ororo, Kurt, Logan, and the others listed?
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-06-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Mr. Lemire in a comic world where relaunches happen more and more frequently what do you hope will set your run apart and may last past the next relaunch?

How do you think Old Man Logan refreshes Wolverine as a character?

Spectacular Member

Mr. Lemire-

Welcome to the X-Men...hope you survive the experience! (please forgive me...I couldn't resist, and I hate myself a little for that).

Will you address where Kurt was being held prior to the events of Extraordinary #1? Was it an offshoot of the Weapon X Project, or something more...Sinister?

Please forgive me. I can't stop with the puns. Thank you.

BANNED

Hi Jeff,

1) Can you drop any hints on what is in store for Jean?
    2) Jean's costume is a mess. It looks different on every cover. Can we please get rid of the mask and that weird pants under skirt thing? It would look so much better.

Is vilifying Cyclops really necessary?

Did the editors make you do it or was that your idea?

I'd definitely like to see more Emma Frost and Jean training sessions. What would you consider the state of Jean's powers? Bendis had them evolving at a rapid rate. Will we see her more in control and fully actualized in her abilities or does she still have a lot to learn with more surprises in store?

What role do you see Nightcrawler playing on the team?

Fantastic Member

Magik's quickly become the a men's MVP. For all the in-training teams that have existed in x-lore, only a few make it to the big leagues. What appeals to you about Magik in particular and what/when does a character "graduate" to the main team? Is there a certain x-factor (no pun intended)?

When Storm last led the team solely (Outback era) she as the more vicious of the scott-Ororo dichotomy. How do you see Storm as a leader now as opposed to then?

1) Will there be much time spent looking at events of the months leading up to EXM #1, or is it all engines forward now that the broad stroke introductions have been done?

2) Are you directly following Bendis' run, or are you using the time gap as a completely fresh start? Worded more directly: Do we have to suffer through a second attempt at the awful Beast/Jean pairing? Was the "Scott incident" referenced in EXM from Uncanny #600, or something you created during the time gap?

3) It was interesting but understandable seeing Jean as reluctant to jump back into the x-men life, though not what you would necessarily expect from her. It seems like she is still in the process of discovering herself and even possible that someone like Storm might know her better than she knows herself. Is self-discovery going to be a big theme with Jean? (nice touch on the anthropology by the way).

Is there any chance of seeing Rachel Grey pop up in Extraordinary X-Men? I feel like there is a lot of story potential with her and Jean that has been completely overlooked for some reason.

Are there any plans for Gambit and Rogue or other X-Men who are not in X books to appear and help their X friends?

Mr. Lemire will we see more of sapna or was that just an one time rescue mission. And will she just be wallpaper or stuck in limbo like so many mutants?

Jeff, we know mutants have become sterile due to the Terrigen mist, but we know two humans could have mutant children in the past. Is that going to change because of the mists as well?