Super Moderator

Default "Agent Carter" Casts Ken Marino in Villanous Role

The "Childrens Hospital" star will play Joseph Manfredi, "a volatile leader in the Maggia crime syndicate," in "Agent Carter" season two.

Full article here.

BANNED

He was great on Reaper. I miss that show.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So, Joseph Manfredi. I guess they're taking advantage of finally having the Spider-Man IP rights. For those who don't know, "Manfredi" is the last name of the crime boss Silvermane, real name Silvio Manfredi, one of the Kingpin's major rivals for top boss of the New York City criminal underworld and a fairly recurrent enemy of Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    He was great on Reaper. I miss that show.
    He was also great in veronica mars and party down. I didnt realize/remember silvermane had another name. It'll be interesting to see if we get a propper silvermane later

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yeah, Veronica Mars is where I know him from. Vinnie Van Lowe was such a hilarious scumbag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So, Joseph Manfredi. I guess they're taking advantage of finally having the Spider-Man IP rights. For those who don't know, "Manfredi" is the last name of the crime boss Silvermane, real name Silvio Manfredi, one of the Kingpin's major rivals for top boss of the New York City criminal underworld and a fairly recurrent enemy of Spider-Man.
    They used a character who was clearly Silvio Manfredi (although they only called him by his first name) in the Daredevil series, which was done before the Sony deal was finalized.

Fantastic Member

Rights to Silvermane don't factor into this. In comics Joseph Manfredi is Silvermane's son, goes by Blackwing, debuted as Daredevil's foe and has never appeared in Spider-Man titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    Rights to Silvermane don't factor into this. In comics Joseph Manfredi is Silvermane's son, goes by Blackwing, debuted as Daredevil's foe and has never appeared in Spider-Man titles.
    It's not necessarily that clear cut. Kang has been almost exclusively an Avengers villain, but because it was revealed--20 years after his debut--that he's Reed Richards' father, Fox owns the character's movie rights.

Fantastic Member

Since when he's Reed Richards' father? If he's tied with FF rights, it's more because he's also Rama-Tut, and thus first appeared in Fantastic Four.