Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Does Korra at her peak mean the more skilled end of series Korra?

Or season 2 Korra that could still access the other avatars?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Does Korra at her peak mean the more skilled end of series Korra?

Or season 2 Korra that could still access the other avatars?
    I'd imagine it's a: "Korra at her peak mean the more skilled end of series Korra but can still access the other avatars".
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Wait, what? Aang's firebending slice wave seemed pretty evenly matched with Ozai's fire ball during Sozin's Comet.

but the rest of the fight shows Aang horribly outmatched in terms of firebending. is Sozin's Comet a pure force-multiplier then? do firebending masters get a larger power-up than trainees and neophytes? Aang is literally the only person who uses firebending during the comet who isn't from the Fire Nation. and all of his feats come up short when compared to people who were born as firebenders. (even the nameless mooks on the airships) does this mean that every firebender we see during the comet (apart from Aang) is supposed to be a firebending master? it seemed simpler to explain that people born as firebenders benefited more from the comet than people who were not. since we're never told what the skill level was of the nameless mooks.

back on topic, though... even if we grant that Korra gets a power-up from the comet why play to Azula's strengths?

Korra having access to past lives doesn't seem like it would make any difference in a non-prep fight.
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 11-09-2015 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    but the rest of the fight shows Aang horribly outmatched in terms of firebending. is Sozin's Comet a pure force-multiplier then? do firebending masters get a larger power-up than trainees and neophytes?
    He never tries firebending after the initial counterattack. Heck, he mostly plays defense since he made it clear that he didn't want to fight and was clearly holding back. And Sozin's comet shows that even the mooks on the airships get a decided increase in power. If you're talking about SKILL, that's a different kettle of fish. But in terms of raw force, Aang seemed no more inferior than Ozai. Hell, Zuko was a firebending master and during his confrontation with Azula, he couldn't defeat her with pure force either, even when she was unhinged.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yep you're right, Korra while suffering from massive liquid metal style poison isn't on par with a non heavily liquid metal poisoned Aang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A character that's been visibly weakened was weaker than someone who isn't weakened at all ?

PFF.

That's madness.
    I dunno, the poison didn't necessarily seem to cut down her actual bending power. If anything, she was going into berserker rage mode that may have been something of an adrenaline booster. Butt maybe I'm mis-remembering the fight already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I dunno, the poison didn't necessarily seem to cut down her actual bending power. If anything, she was going into berserker rage mode that may have been something of an adrenaline booster. Butt maybe I'm mis-remembering the fight already.
    I saw it as just interrupting and hurting the avatar state not a straight up nerf. Especially when you consider that healthy Avatar State Korra never had better feats than poisoned avatar state korra, aside from the dubstep laser nullification but that seemed more of a spiritual thing than a death laser tanking.

When AS Korra fought evil avatar unalaq she wasn't any more impressive for example. AS Aang would have stomped Unalaq.

Mighty Member

in the first half of her fight with Zaheer Korra showed some of her most powerful bending feats in the series. that doesn't really line up with the idea that she was in a weakened state. you could make that argument for her bending in the second half of her fight... but then you've got her falling hundreds of feet, hitting the ground, and getting back up again! maybe the poison weakened her bending and gave her superhuman resistance to falling hundreds of feet or getting plastered against rock at what looks like 50 miles per hour?

you could try to argue that if she hadn't been poisoned she would have been more impressive than Aang... or you could just let the impressive feats stand on their own merits.