Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    And whatever senses it was that let him see Garou, who was clearly transforming into a monster like several other humans had done throughout the series, as leta guy in a cheap costume.
    That was just him realizing that Garou was posturing, which really became kinda obvious around the time that Garou shouted about being the ultimate evil and failed to kill any of his vastly inferior opponents for the nth time.

There's no sign that Saitama physically saw him as anything different from what everyone else saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That was just him realizing that Garou was posturing, which really became kinda obvious around the time that Garou shouted about being the ultimate evil and failed to kill any of his vastly inferior opponents for the nth time.

There's no sign that Saitama physically saw him as anything different from what everyone else saw.
    But would you be surprised if he DID have night-vision ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    I'm going with board rules, which means feats. There's a lot we can extrapolate from Saitama's showings.

And while quite powerful, I'd reckon he isn't quite top-shelf stuff. i.e. he isn't as quick as say, Karas. He isn't as strong as Asura.

Definitely vulnerable to Hokuto Shin Ken and some of the more esoteric Shadow Skills, by feats or lack thereof.

Psi abilities should effect him since he doesn't have any showings against them to date(i.e. Xavier, Legion, et al.)

No resistance to transmutation, can't hit intangible objects, has to hold his breath in space and so can't fight there for prolonged periods.

He definitely isn't handling top-shelf stuff like a LHW or Ragna Blade through the chest, a Giga Slave cast at his general vicinity, insta-kill magic like ADKV, Divine powers like Ah Gou's Monochrome(which seals or limits the opponent's best attack or ability...) OR, high-end tech like being stored in a transporter buffer, Phantom Zone-dumped, time-stopped, infected with nanites or nanoprobes, shot with a Black Hole Gun, or getting either magically frozen(Elsa) OR, getting AOE-frozen(Mechagodzilla III's or the Gotengo's Absolute Zero cannon)

And then there's opponents who adapt to him. Case in point, Kazuma the Treasoner and his hax Word of Evolution. Or The Borg. Or Doomsday.

He isn't taking on beings like Q, who is for all intents and purposes what earlier humanity would call "God," but in the year 2364 is considered "just another life form, albeit an extremely powerful, and dangerous one."

And if Q is bad, then true Creators like the three Chousin(Tenchi Muyo) and Chakravartin would, literally, send him to Hell via dimension dump.
    Oh heh, mind explaining those?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    But would you be surprised if he DID have night-vision ?
    Well no because he specifically does. I was just saying that he saw Garou the same as everyone else.

Divine powers like Ah Gou's Monochrome(which seals or limits the opponent's best attack or ability...)
    Monochrome can and has been beaten by raw physical strength.

Namely, Ah Gou has had trouble holding back a roughly city-sized opponent. Saitama is waaayyy above that in physical abilities.

And then there's opponents who adapt to him. Case in point, Kazuma the Treasoner and his hax Word of Evolution. Or The Borg. Or Doomsday.
    He has in fact faced someone whose entire gimmick is adapting, and Garou ended up completely freaking out upon realizing that no matter how he adapted Saitama continued to just casually beat him down.

Having "the ability to adapt" isn't enough, they need to have feats to adapt past things of his level.

(And really he can just uppercut Doomsday into space.)

How to quantify?Based off feats ofc.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

Eh, that seems to be ascribing Saitama way too much when it comes to subtlety, really. He addressed the fact that Garou was posturing directly, by asking him why the hell he was lying about where the kid he was allegedly threatening was actually standing and flat out said that Garou was a surprisingly sweet guy in response to his ranting about how rooting for heroes is unfair to the monsters who work hard.

He honestly seemed to be confused by Garou's appearance though, calling it a cheap costume and asking him if it was home made, which doesn't fit in with the fact that we see Garou transform further as the fight goes on and that computerized scans were showing that he was physically transforming. Especially since Saitama really had no idea what was going on and was just there to tell everyone to keep the nosie down and punch someone for leveling his home.

But I do admit it is a vague feat at best.

I just reread the arc and wanted to make a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Speedwise, yeesh, you have a guy who attacks like... I think it was in the region of fifty times in 0.0001 seconds or something and he got bopped by Garou and Garou was still nothing significant to Saitama.
    He was timed at 00:00'00"01 and during that time crossed a few meters and attacked Garou an unclear amount of times.

Then proceeded to use a technique to go faster.

Then by the end of the fight Garou is so fast that said guy doesn't see him move anymore.

Then Garou got faster and got schooled by Saitama.

(The above is not me accidentally copy-pasting sentences.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Eh, that seems to be ascribing Saitama way too much when it comes to subtlety, really. He addressed the fact that Garou was posturing directly, by asking him why the hell he was lying about where the kid he was allegedly threatening was actually standing and flat out said that Garou was a surprisingly sweet guy in response to his ranting about how rooting for heroes is unfair to the monsters who work hard.

He honestly seemed to be confused by Garou's appearance though, calling it a cheap costume and asking him if it was home made, which doesn't fit in with the fact that we see Garou transform further as the fight goes on and that computerized scans were showing that he was physically transforming. Especially since Saitama really had no idea what was going on and was just there to tell everyone to keep the nosie down and punch someone for leveling his home.

But I do admit it is a vague feat at best.
    He actually specifically says that Garou doesn't look like a monster because he keeps goofing up by threatening to murder the kid while walking in the wrong direction and not actually killing the heroes fighting him. (In fact immediately after correcting Garou on where the kid is he goes "this kind of half-assed stuff is why you don't look like a monster.")

Garou's later transformations are irrelevant because they hadn't happened at that point.

By that point he'd been watching Garou do that repeatedly for a few chapters, which is why he has an opinion made despite not even knowing who Garou is.
    Last edited by Siriel; 11-06-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Man, I need to watch OPM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Man, I need to watch OPM.
    you should. it's awesome.

Extraordinary Member

The Borg?

Really? You think that the borg could adapt to Saitama's strength?

He could probably kill an entire borg cube by tapping each individual borg to death. And he finds that boring he can probably blow the whole thing up with one punch.

Guy sounds a bit like a diet Arale tbh. She never had to really push herself in her own series either.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The Borg?

Really? You think that the borg could adapt to Saitama's strength?

He could probably kill an entire borg cube by tapping each individual borg to death. And he finds that boring he can probably blow the whole thing up with one punch.
    Technically, they could transport him into space while still way out of orbit themselves, where he really can't do anything and may sufficate, eventually. But if they get near him, they're dead.