Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    How would that explain all the private whining? The X-Men pulling a Daniel Day-Lewis?
    Maria Hill left cameras everywhere!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Maria Hill left cameras everywhere!
    How about Storm thinking of Scott in bold/italics and whining to Xavier about it?

Those evil SHIELD telepaths that lurk everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    How about Storm thinking of Scott in bold/italics and whining to Xavier about it?

Those evil SHIELD telepaths that lurk everywhere?
    I'm still very much convince Storm's gone a little crazy. At least Lemire confirmed Xavier to be in her head.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    i'm still very much convince storm's gone a little crazy. At least lemire confirmed xavier to be in her head.
    xavier or red skull?
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    xavier or red skull?
    LOL, she even got all the visions, although I don't think Cyclops has the monopoly on seeing visions of dead people. He was the best at it (and speaking to narration boxes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Random idea:

None of the X-Men actually hate or are angry with Cyclops at all. Everyone has been bad-mouthing him because it's part of Cyclops's plan, and he needs the world THINKING the rest of the X-Men have turned against him to put whatever enemy he's secretly dealing with off guard.
    I like that idea, but I think it's too elaborate for Marvel to ever pursue. I think for a major title like X-men, they have to treat it the same way movie studios treat Transformers. They don't get overly elaborate. They keep things nice and basic so it appeals to more people.

But it's an interesting thought experiment. I think it would be better for the story as a whole if there was some sort of mental manipulation at work. The 4chan rumor suggested that Kid Omega is behind it and that's perfectly plausible, especially if he still has resources from the Phoenix Corporation. And it's not like the X-men haven't done that sort of thing before. Years and years ago, Charles Xavier psychically manipulated his own X-men into believing he was dead. And if Charles Xavier is willing to manipulate his own X-men, then Kid Omega is certainly willing to cross that line and do so more blatantly.

I'd love it if Cyclops has a larger plan at work here. I think it would be entirely fitting if he willingly became the scapegoat for the entire mutant race in order to stave off a much larger conflict. As bad as things are now, we've seen in All-New X-men that it's not entirely hopeless. It might actually be the case that whatever did happen, be it from Kid Omega or someone else, Cyclops willingly took the fall because it's easier that he do it. He's still seen as a hero by many. It's easier for the people to process the idea that a hero loses their mind and goes crazy than it is for someone like Kid Omega to willingly and knowingly start a war. That would destroy any chance at peace, more so than even Magneto could ever manage.

That said, I still have a sinking feeling that Marvel will just have Cyclops go evil because it's easier that way. Granted, it comes with a lot of plot holes, but that's never stopped Marvel before. I think if it is the case that he just went full-blown evil in the Inhuman/mutant war, possibly losing his mind at the prospect of mutants being sterilized again after he lost so much undoing M-Day, then it just makes the effects of the O5 X-men's presence more important. It means that what they do in the future may help rectify this damage. That's still a big if though. With X-men Apocalypse focusing more on younger versions of the X-men, I think the O5 X-men will continue to get preferential treatment in the comics. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That said, I still have a sinking feeling that Marvel will just have Cyclops go evil because it's easier that way. Granted, it comes with a lot of plot holes, but that's never stopped Marvel before. I think if it is the case that he just went full-blown evil in the Inhuman/mutant war, possibly losing his mind at the prospect of mutants being sterilized again after he lost so much undoing M-Day, then it just makes the effects of the O5 X-men's presence more important. It means that what they do in the future may help rectify this damage. That's still a big if though. With X-men Apocalypse focusing more on younger versions of the X-men, I think the O5 X-men will continue to get preferential treatment in the comics. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Re: Mutant/Inhuman war - I have been under the impression that it was more or less Cyclops going into that situation alone. The Inhuman books still haven't really referenced the story yet (which I predicted it might - so I could well be wrong). I do think that we might well see something soon though with Apocalypse Wars on the horizon, have his Horsemen been announced? If Cyclops has gone "full villain" wouldn't it be fitting to have Cyclops as a Horseman? Personally I'd love to see that.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

BANNED

^^^ They said all four horsemen would be known characters. They also said one would shock viewers.

Guesses?

Shocker: Cyclops

Backup: Anole, Martha and Glob

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

At this point, would it even be considered a "shock?" I'd be more shocked if he stepped to save any of the teams during this crossover than if he ended up being a Horseman.

Magik cut me real deep this time. She and Cyke used to be friends...

i'm sad now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Shocker: Cyclops
    Wouldn't folks rather be shocked if he wasn't a Horseman?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Magik cut me real deep this time. She and Cyke used to be friends...

i'm sad now.
    No more pancake trips.

She did not like the pizza unfortunately. Damn you, Havok....
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    Re: Mutant/Inhuman war - I have been under the impression that it was more or less Cyclops going into that situation alone. The Inhuman books still haven't really referenced the story yet (which I predicted it might - so I could well be wrong). I do think that we might well see something soon though with Apocalypse Wars on the horizon, have his Horsemen been announced? If Cyclops has gone "full villain" wouldn't it be fitting to have Cyclops as a Horseman? Personally I'd love to see that.
    Well we do know from the latest issue of Extraordinary X-men that Cyclops did not act alone. Sunspot fought by his side. I imagine that there were others. I think even Beast referenced it in Uncanny Inhumans. So I think it's a safe assumption that Cyclops had a team in this war.

That said, I still find it quite telling that the Inhumans barely mention it. On top of that, they haven't suffered in the slightest because of it. Nobody protests against them. Nobody attacks them. There are no mass grave pits of dead Inhumans. So the fact that Cyclops is so hated while the Inhumans are basically given a pass is confounding to say the least. If he and his team lost the war that badly, then why would he be hated? Why wouldn't the Inhumans get some of that hatred? It makes very little sense and if he willingly, consciously committed some atrocity that got a lot of human and Inhumans killed, then that would explain it. But the fact that this happened off-panel and so soon after he peacefully assembled the entire mutant race is beyond troubling.

Him being a horseman might be a natural byproduct if what he did was that bad. But at the same time, I think it's kind of predictable. It would only reinforce the notion that Cyclops went completely evil. This wouldn't be an issue, but again. It happened ENTIRELY off-panel. And I think that has been the biggest flaw of the X-men comics after Secret Wars.

I actually would rather he not be a horseman. In fact, I think it would be more fitting if when the EXM team get to the future, he's the one leading a resistance effort against Apocalypse. That would definitely throw the X-men off and give some balance to the story that has only ever condemned Cyclops as being the most evil character in comics. Right now, I think he needs balance because Marvel is just denigrating his character to such an extreme and doing it off-panel makes it much worse.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I like the idea from @ Ambaryerno of everyone being in on Cyclops evil scapegoating. That would actually be great and could springboard another book.... Secret Xmen anybody? Lol. Maybe it Cyclops, Emma, Rachel, Frenzy, Havok, Domino, Sage and Gambit with some others that make up the roster and they are running secret missions and delivering intel