Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

If Cyclops attacked the Inhumans then there must have been a very deserving reason for that.

Has anyone been reading Secret Wars, the very little I did read mentioned Cyclops doing some sort of attack. What was his role in the story? And its not done yet right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    If Cyclops attacked the Inhumans then there must have been a very deserving reason for that.

Has anyone been reading Secret Wars, the very little I did read mentioned Cyclops doing some sort of attack. What was his role in the story? And its not done yet right?
    He was set up to get knocked down. He got the Phoenix Force and unfortunately it messed with his head again. He tried taking Doom on face to face with no other plan and got choked to death. So for SW 1-7 he is currently dead.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

See, I'm thinking differently. As much as he has "attacked" the Inhumans, I'm almost certain that what he intends on doing will come further down the line in Uncanny Inhumans, as suggested in Uncanny Inhumans #0. I think whatever he has done to make Mutants hated is separate from the attacks on Inhumans and separate from the Terrigen Mists.

I also think that it's going to be wrapped in with Beast, we see Beast in the Inhumans labs trying to suss a cure for "M-Pox", caused by the Terrigen Mists. Don't ask me why, or how, but I don't think that Cyclops will return as Cyclops/Phoenix. The reason being is that he was heavily hinted at in the Uncanny Inhumans book #0 (I say hinted, it had a massive picture of his head), to me that suggests that he will likely reappear next year before Apocalypse Wars - potentially working with Apocalypse? We will wait and see. But it will be in the Charles Soule written books rather than an X-Men title.

I don't think him and Beast are together though, there is too much hatred for Scott from Hank - that much was evident in Uncanny X-Men #600.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

And in Hickman's Avengers Hank and Scott were on much friendlier terms. Hate -> friends -> hate again. It doesn't help that we've lost year and half off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    And in Hickman's Avengers Hank and Scott were on much friendlier terms. Hate -> friends -> hate again. It doesn't help that we've lost year and half off panel.
    Yeah that's true. I wish continuity would stick sometimes.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    See, I'm thinking differently. As much as he has "attacked" the Inhumans, I'm almost certain that what he intends on doing will come further down the line in Uncanny Inhumans, as suggested in Uncanny Inhumans #0. I think whatever he has done to make Mutants hated is separate from the attacks on Inhumans and separate from the Terrigen Mists.

I also think that it's going to be wrapped in with Beast, we see Beast in the Inhumans labs trying to suss a cure for "M-Pox", caused by the Terrigen Mists. Don't ask me why, or how, but I don't think that Cyclops will return as Cyclops/Phoenix. The reason being is that he was heavily hinted at in the Uncanny Inhumans book #0 (I say hinted, it had a massive picture of his head), to me that suggests that he will likely reappear next year before Apocalypse Wars - potentially working with Apocalypse? We will wait and see. But it will be in the Charles Soule written books rather than an X-Men title.

I don't think him and Beast are together though, there is too much hatred for Scott from Hank - that much was evident in Uncanny X-Men #600.
    This is an interesting assessment and one that's entirely possible. It may very well be the case that the attack on the Inhumans and the M-Pox phenomenon aren't part of the same story. The M-Pox story might be more of an aftermath rather than part of the war itself. Perhaps it might be the case that in Cyclops' attempt to stop the T-mists from killing mutants, he indirectly (or directly, as Marvel seems intent on making him a villain) changed it in a way that created M-Pox. That would explain why he's so hated.

But in EXM #3, Jean made it fairly clear that it was his attack on the Inhumans that got him killed. So I think it's this conflict that happened entirely off-panel and entirely in obscurity that has put Cyclops in his current position. I have a feeling that the teaser in Uncanny Inhumans #0 will lead to a flashback of sorts, which will give some details to this war that has been so egregiously glossed over. We'll see Cyclops' role in it and how he ended up "dead." I put that in quotes because I also think it's likely he'll appear in time for Apocalypse Wars, potentially as a horsemen. He'd follow the same path as Daken and Banshee, two other X-characters who died and came back as horsemen recently. The problem is that might be another one of those ideas that just makes too much sense for Marvel. Given how willing they are to denigrate the X-men off-panel, I think it's still best to just assume the worst. Chances are, that'll be the most accurate way to predict the outcome of future X-men comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    But in EXM #3, Jean made it fairly clear that it was his attack on the Inhumans that got him killed. So I think it's this conflict that happened entirely off-panel and entirely in obscurity that has put Cyclops in his current position. I have a feeling that the teaser in Uncanny Inhumans #0 will lead to a flashback of sorts, which will give some details to this war that has been so egregiously glossed over. We'll see Cyclops' role in it and how he ended up "dead." I put that in quotes because I also think it's likely he'll appear in time for Apocalypse Wars, potentially as a horsemen. He'd follow the same path as Daken and Banshee, two other X-characters who died and came back as horsemen recently. The problem is that might be another one of those ideas that just makes too much sense for Marvel. Given how willing they are to denigrate the X-men off-panel, I think it's still best to just assume the worst. Chances are, that'll be the most accurate way to predict the outcome of future X-men comics.
    Yeah, that's probably my only problem is that I haven't read the most recent X-Comics, as I only get my subs once a month (second week of the month to be exact). The only thing I can comment on is that, is he really dead? I mean, I know that it's alluded to that he died in the 8 month gap - but obviously we haven't seen anything of it. But I do like the idea that he would come back as a Horseman of Apocalypse, I think that would fit very much with Cyclops post Bendis and Axis.

If he was killed at the hands of the Inhumans then I just hope it's○portrayed as being his own fault. I don't think Black Bolt intended on killing mutants, maybe I'm turning into a bigger Inhumans fan

Yeah, that's probably my only problem is that I haven't read the most recent X-Comics, as I only get my subs once a month (second week of the month to be exact). The only thing I can comment on is that, is he really dead? I mean, I know that it's alluded to that he died in the 8 month gap - but obviously we haven't seen anything of it. But I do like the idea that he would come back as a Horseman of Apocalypse, I think that would fit very much with Cyclops post Bendis and Axis.

If he was killed at the hands of the Inhumans then I just hope it's○portrayed as being his own fault. I don't think Black Bolt intended on killing mutants, maybe I'm turning into a bigger Inhumans fan
    That's the big question. The problem is (and it's a pretty egregious problem on Marvel's part) is that the war with the Inhumans that killed Cyclops happened entirely off-panel. We have no idea how it transpired. We have no idea what the circumstances were. There weren't any hints of it in Secret Wars or Uncanny X-men #600. So it's a huge, gaping plot hole that has negatively impacted the current X-books in my opinion. We have no point of reference. For all we know, Cyclops just decided to go full villain and launch a strike on the Inhumans, only to fail and have everyone in the Marvel universe take turns spitting on his corpse. Or it could be the case that he was being controlled somehow, as was hinted at in the 4chan rumor, by someone like Kid Omega. We never saw a body, a grave, or a funeral. But again, for all we know this happened off-panel. We have nothing to go on. That's what makes the current stories so frustrating. So much happened during the 8-month gap that even with flashbacks, there are too many holes to fill in.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So what happened to X-Nation?

<_<

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

<_<
    Cyclops was killed by Doom and his two tame sentinels were destroyed when the Ultimate Universe invaded 616 back in SW #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

<_<
    It was absorbed into the Greatest Villain known as OFF-PANEL!

Just replace Ancient Egypt for Off-Panel.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That's the big question. The problem is (and it's a pretty egregious problem on Marvel's part) is that the war with the Inhumans that killed Cyclops happened entirely off-panel. We have no idea how it transpired. We have no idea what the circumstances were. There weren't any hints of it in Secret Wars or Uncanny X-men #600. So it's a huge, gaping plot hole that has negatively impacted the current X-books in my opinion. We have no point of reference. For all we know, Cyclops just decided to go full villain and launch a strike on the Inhumans, only to fail and have everyone in the Marvel universe take turns spitting on his corpse. Or it could be the case that he was being controlled somehow, as was hinted at in the 4chan rumor, by someone like Kid Omega. We never saw a body, a grave, or a funeral. But again, for all we know this happened off-panel. We have nothing to go on. That's what makes the current stories so frustrating. So much happened during the 8-month gap that even with flashbacks, there are too many holes to fill in.
    Whilst I agree that it all happening off panel is incredibly frustrating, personally in this case I think it's relatively good that we don't know what's happened in that 8 month gap. In some stories (this one in particular) I think it adds an air of mystery to it.

The problem is that we only have one X-title that is actually actively explaining it, or at least aspects of it. That's what bugs me a little.

Although, I'd like to hope that Cylcops' story will be explained in Uncanny Inhumans as suggested in #0

BANNED

They weren't really on friendlier terms under hickman either. They both begrudgingly said "hi" to each other more as if they didn't have a choice.

As far as to what happen to scott, I say he attacked the Inhumans and got captured but he and his team are/were already infected by the Terrigen Mist. Beast is running test on them since he's able to tell Storm and others what the effects are to mutants. Beast probably is the one that makes the "statement" that scott is "dead" due to his condition by the TM not that he truly and physically dead.

Yeah that's true. I wish continuity would stick sometimes.
    No, they werent, Beast was freaked out by RelaxedClops, and Cyclops gave him the cold shoulder.

Whilst I agree that it all happening off panel is incredibly frustrating, personally in this case I think it's relatively good that we don't know what's happened in that 8 month gap. In some stories (this one in particular) I think it adds an air of mystery to it.

The problem is that we only have one X-title that is actually actively explaining it, or at least aspects of it. That's what bugs me a little.

Although, I'd like to hope that Cylcops' story will be explained in Uncanny Inhumans as suggested in #0
    I don't mind when certain things happen off-panel. I think that's unavoidable sometimes and certain details don't need to be fleshed out for the story to work. That's just part of storytelling in general.

However, I respectfully disagree that the 8-month gap adds an 'air of mystery' as you call it. I think that's stretching it. Jessica Drew's pregnancy in Spider-Woman is a good example of adding an air of mystery. The failed relationship between Rogue and Johnny Storm in Uncanny Avengers is another good example. But I don't think it works here because it's too broad. It leaves the door open for too many assumptions. We don't know if Cyclops was just an outright warmonger who went full-blown Magneto and invaded the Inhumans without provocation. It could be just as likely that he tried to work with the Inhumans, but someone subverted him. It could also be possible that he was mind-controlled or was given false information. We don't know. Any scenario is equally likely. That's not a mystery. That's a gaping plot hole. There is a difference.

At some point, parts of that hole will be filled in. However, it doesn't change the fact that so much of the setup in the current X-books was forced and contrived. Look at the final pages of Uncanny X-men #600. Then look at the first few pages of Extraordinary X-men #1. The transition is beyond jarring. And if a story has to go to great lengths to cover those kinds of gaps, then it's an inherently flawed story. Just my opinion.