Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    That would never work Fluffy. Beast would flag it as inappropriate the second it publishes. Which would lead to Maria Hill using her SHIELD privileges to examine the video to find the parts that are inappropriate thus giving the video hundreds of views in the process. Unable to find anything "hot" she would completely neglect her duties as head of SHIELD and instead spend her time scouring the Internet trying to find that video.
    I kind of want to see this happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Frame Job.
    This is a possibility, but I don't think it's very probable. Marvel seems to be intent on making Cyclops the bad guy in all this. They did the same with Tony Stark a while back during Civil War. Cyclops is probably the closest the X-men have to a Tony Stark or a Steve Rogers so I think they're following the same mold.

That said, I almost prefer that it be a frame job because that would keep his character from regressing. He's already stuck in a state of perpetual redemption because of what happened to Xavier. Never mind that Jean Grey never needed it for the death of 5 billion aliens. Never mind that Wolverine didn't need it for killing his son. Never mind that Emma Frost didn't need it for killing her sister. Alonso himself said after AvX that a big part of the plan was to give Cyclops a redemption story. Well, based on the sentiment of EXM, he's taken 10 steps backwards. What kind of story is that? Him being framed might help. Framed, mind controlled, or replaced by an evil clone works just as well (although I think Marvel has avoided clones since the Clone Saga for good reason). But I doubt this is the route they'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwx View Post
    I am starting to think that writers don't even know what Cyclops has done himself, besides something really bad. As for the theory something similar to your 2. The mists are harmfull for mutants, which doesn't sit well with Scott; however, neither inhumans or humans give a damn about it and some might even be delighted about. Intentionally or not Cyclops somehows evolves the mists to also harm humans. It backfired and we are at the current situation. No wait let change that for a bit, on live TV he jokingly said he modified the mist to work on humans too, unfortunatly people took it seriously.
    Marvel has said on numerous occasions that they plan ahead at least two years with their books. So I think they all know exactly what Cyclops did. However, it might be prone to revision, as we saw during Bendis' run during the Last Will arc. Right now, since Lemire just joined the X-books, I think things are pretty set. And I like your idea that Cyclops attempts to modify the mists, possibly with help from Sinister. But it backfires and he gets blamed for it. Since Beast hates his guts, he can't ask him for help. So who else is left? EXM already revealed that Sinister will be showing up soon. So it's quite likely that he'll play a part in this. Given his history with Cyclops, he might be someone Cyclops seeks out when he feels he's out of options. But Sinister being Sinister, he'll find a way to make Cyclops regret it. And of course the X-men will condemn him for trusting Sinister in the first place. Never mind that their own hatred of him kept him from seeking their help, but that's beside the point.

Again, this is all speculation. And I have a very bad track record when it comes to predicting the outcome of X-men comics. I know what I would do if I were writing this narrative, but I'm not that smart so I'm assuming it would be way worse than what the truth ends up being.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

That would never work Fluffy. Beast would flag it as inappropriate the second it publishes. Which would lead to Maria Hill using her SHIELD privileges to examine the video to find the parts that are inappropriate thus giving the video hundreds of views in the process. Unable to find anything "hot" she would completely neglect her duties as head of SHIELD and instead spend her time scouring the Internet trying to find that video.
    Didn't we get that story already?

He spoiled the ending of Game of Thrones.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Didn't we get that story already?
    Of course not. Eventually she would be exhausted after watching 30 different fan made youtube Scogan videos and run into a video that says "Cyclops bears it all" which leads to an off site link. 5 minutes later furious watcher/Nick Fury calls from the moon demanding to speak to one who crashed the SHIELD servers.

As I said in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I guess the truly shocking even will happen next, when the Sentinels appear and try to wipe the gathered mutants (something they should have expected, really) or the Terrigen Cloud reaches the gathering and kills half of the mutants (and Cyclops believes this is a chemical attack from SHIELD), Cyclops goes bananas, merges with the Phoenix and tries to kill all humans.

Or maybe they manage to create their Nation X, but after Secret Wars the resurrected Phoeniclops is still in genocidal mode (like he was when Doom killed him) and has to be put down...
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Lwx View Post
    I am starting to think that writers don't even know what Cyclops has done himself, besides something really bad. As for the theory something similar to your 2. The mists are harmfull for mutants, which doesn't sit well with Scott; however, neither inhumans or humans give a damn about it and some might even be delighted about. Intentionally or not Cyclops somehows evolves the mists to also harm humans. It backfired and we are at the current situation. No wait let change that for a bit, on live TV he jokingly said he modified the mist to work on humans too, unfortunatly people took it seriously.
    The problem with Cyclops is, it is very difficult to turn him into an interesting villian. They could make him go crazy with Phoenix/Apocalypse/Void juice, become a cackling mad villain and start a genocide, but everybody would hate it.

On the other hand, if they try to turn him into a three-dimensional, interesting villian, his fanbase will cheer him no matter what he does and claim that every other hero in the MU are the real villains.

Marvel has to make him do something really EVIL, burning-babies-alive evil, in order to convince everybody that he's evil now, but they have to do it in a credible and interesting way, which is difficult.
    Last edited by Habis; 11-05-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

When Cyclops broke up with Emma, he decided to to casually date Scarlett Witch and Medusa...things didn't go according to plan

Scarlett Witch: Medusa?! You and Scott?!!
    Medusa: Wanda! Please! Its not what it looks like
    Cyclops: We're both naked on Wanda's Study. What do you think this looks like?
    Medusa: You're not helping!
    Scarlet Witch: That's it! "No more Mutants!
    Cyclops: Crap
    Phoenix: I'm not helping you this time
    Black Bolt: Damn you Summers!
    Cyclops: Nice job, "Your Highness" Your little fit killed a good chunk of the earth's population
    Scarlet Witch: We...can blame this on the mutants again. Chicken Pox?
    Medusa:...Fine. Let's lock Scott up and blame it on him.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-05-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Of course not. Eventually she would be exhausted after watching 30 different fan made youtube Scogan videos and run into a video that says "Cyclops bears it all" which leads to an off site link. 5 minutes later furious watcher/Nick Fury calls from the moon demanding to speak to one who crashed the SHIELD servers.
    As close as the average Cyclops creeper will ever get, eh? Nice.

Still, replace "video" with "revolution" in your previous post we've pretty much summed up Hill's involvement in UXM, no?

Another theory:

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    You know, I have thought about something.

You may have read an online parody of AvX called "Muh Phoenix". In one panel, while the Avengers are fighting the X-Men on the Moon, Cyclops shouts "I'm gonna turn all the f***ing humans into mutants!",... I remembered that and I thought...

There is a plague that affects only mutants. Cyclops probably didn't know what was causing it, so he probably thought it was some sort of biological weapon made by humans to kill mutants...how could he stop it? Turning all humans into mutants and forcing whoever spred the plague to release a cure. It's a big gamble, but not as big as the Phoenix one...

So he searches that old virus created by Mr. Sinister that temporaly turned humans into mutants. Or he asks Dark Beast or Sugar Man to create a virus like that. Or he weaponizes the Mutant Hormone Growth and releases it in New York.

Then he throws his threat: Release a cure for the plague that is killing mutants, or I will turn you all into mutants and you will die too.

Hundreds of thousands of people in NY temporarily become mutants. Thousands among them get infected with the Terrigen Plague and die horribly.

Everybody loses their ****, gang on Cyclops, and kill him or depower him and send him to jail or whatever. He may even be lynched by the temporary mutants he created...

But it's too late. Humanity is pissed. They see mutation as something contagious now, a deadly plague, and they think mutants are willingly spreading it... And **** hits the fan.

Scott was crushed by the statue of Wolverine

Fantastic Member

I think Cyclops could have played a role himself in releasing the current Terrigen death cloud, perhaps inadvertently in the midst of some struggle - like with a member of the Inhuman royal family. Then again, with the royal family members seen so far seemingly in the dark or vague about it, I could also see it being an Inhuman villain or some other villain wanting to exploit the mist.

Then I suppose after this incident, Cyclops has currently exiled himself both out of shame and in order to try to fix it himself. Or if he's going the more villain-leaning route, he could be amassing a secret mutant army to storm new Attilan or otherwise doing some shadowy, secret activity intentionally under the radar.

All-New Member

My theories aren't too dissimilar to Habis's I guess. I think what Marvel should do is revisit the gap between the end of UXM #600 and the beginning of Secret Wars: Cyclops and some others from the JGS start working with the US government/SHIELD/whoever to start protecting mutants and they're making good headway (of course there are still issues). Meanwhile, Cyclops, Havoc, and some other mutants start building up Nation X and holding the Phoenix Egg just in case or to reveal a safe haven for mutants similar to Attilan. Things are going ok. Then Secret Wars happens, Cyclops is killed, but is resurrected by the Phoenix and helps reform the universe (multiverse?) with Molecule Man, Franklin Richards, and whoever else.

That wraps up and explains some of Hickman's work.

After this, during the 8 months between SW and EXM#1, people realize that this is Cyclops merged with the Phoenix and although he seems fine now, they're scared because they remember what happened during AvX. Tensions start to build. Cyclops can keep or lose the Phoenix force at any time, it doesn't matter to my overall theory. Black Bolt releases a stronger or more pure Terrigen Mist for the same reasons he did initially and people start becoming Nuhumans. The Inhumans start running a better PR campaign and rise in favor, especially because humans see that the Mists don't negatively affect them and there are plenty of new Inhumans popping up that used to be their friends and family members so they're more ok with this than they are with mutants (yay cognitive dissonance!)

Suddenly though, mutants start dying and getting sick. They eventually figure out it's the Mists causing it but humanity doesn't believe them. They think mutants are running a smear campaign against the beloved Inhumans and that there's a disease rampant among mutants (M-Pox). They start getting more and more freaked out by this, mass hysteria kicks in and is fed along by people like The Purifiers and other anti-mutant groups stoking the flames of hatred. The Inhumans know that the Mists are causing the illness but refuse to speak out about it because they're worried about how it will damage their reputation. I think it's more interesting if they didn't know this would happen before releasing the Mists and are just as upset over it, so Beast and some others start working on a cure in secret in an attempt to keep it under wraps and then the Inhumans still look like nice and cooperative heroes once it is figured out.

Cyclops (by himself or with others) starts getting upset seeing all the good will that mutants had begin to fall apart while the Inhumans and worldwide governments remain silent and do nothing to help the mutants. I think it's better if he doesn't snap, but instead maybe he kills a mob of people who were going to attack a group of sick mutant kids? Or maybe he goes to confront the Inhumans and a fight breaks out? Either way--make him do something drastic and shocking but justifiable in some way (it was in self defense or protecting his own people) but ultimately have the Inhumans subdue him. If he's still Phoenix powered, then Black Bolt speaks and kills him and the Phoenix leaves his body or he gets subdued and captured. This will then take the previous face of the peaceful mutant movement and turn him into an unpopular figure in the public perception and further hammer home that the Inhumans are the protectors of mankind.
    Last edited by Auch; 11-05-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Frame Job.
    On a serious note I would like to see this from Mr Sinister. Cyclops was AWOL due to the events of SW so Sinister did something extra bad. Much like how Sinestro unleashed Parallax to infect Hal's Ring which ruined his life.

Problem is, I read theories here all the time hat are 100x more creative and plausible than the stuff that comes from many writers now a days.

What I'm almost positive of is it will be a 180 on Cyclops's Character that will make borderline zero sense because every time they try to crap on the X-Men to make the Avengers look good, it backfires.

he saw the Fantastic Four Movie, and Marvel put him in limbo.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    He spoiled the ending of Game of Thrones.
    LOL, I liked that