Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Cyclops killed Blackbolt's crazy brother.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I am going with slipped and bumped his head 80 times.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Extraordinary Member

He attempted to do the Batsui and ruined it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Just like AvX, most likely he DIDN'T really do anything wrong, his "sin" being that he got angry that his race was being poisoned to death because of someone else's actions and the world didn't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Marvel has said on numerous occasions that they plan ahead at least two years with their books.
    HA? And you believed them? Oh, my sweet summer child. Marvel doesn't do that, at all. AvX for example was a rush job due to the early success of New 52 (remember those days?) as well as the X-books getting ahead of the Avengers ones in sales, just to mention an example. And Bendis said that Hickman's level of planning- mapping stories many years ahead- was something no one else at Marvel did.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Poor innocent Maximus *sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Storm wouldn't call Cyclops a murderer just because he killed Maximus. Nobody in the MU would give a **** if Cyclops killed him. Everybody hates Maximus, and all the heroes have killed a few villains anyways.
    Cyclops could kill Maximus, turn his body into cat food, drink wine from a cup made with his skull and wear a suit made from his skin, and nobody but the Inhuman Royal Family would bat an eyelash.
    Last edited by Habis; 11-05-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Storm wouldn't call Cyclops a murdered just because he killed Maximus. Nobody in the MU would give a **** if Cyclops killed him. Everybody hates Maximus, and all the heroes have killed a few villain anyways.
    Cyclops could kill Maximus, turn his body into cat food, drink wine from a cup made with his skull and wear a suit made from his skin, and nobody but the Inhuman Royal Family would bat an eyelash.
    Well, after AvX, Cyclops was a wanted criminal for killing the only man that mattered; and given that the Uncanny team is basically a bunch of villains with large bodycounts and Psylocke, so it fits that she is still think of Cyclops like she did after AvX, or are we sure that she has been cured of her AAAARRRGGGGHATE feelings ?.

Besides, Medusa mentioned that during the gap, there was a fight between mutants and inhumans, and she fears that the next ones wipes one race out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Worse. He made fun of Medusa's hair. And when the EXM crew set up a Skype conference call so they could yell at him, JerkClops couldn't even be bothered to notice anyone's new haircut/costume.

Boom, just like that, rrrhate explained.
    I know you're joking but they'd need to scoop him up in buckets if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I know you're joking but they'd need to scoop him up in buckets if that happened.
    Well, there is a reason of why everyone says gone instead of death, no one has found any remain of his body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Another theory:
    Has their been a ploy where somebody tries turning all the humans ino mutants? It kind of seems like a no-brainer for a bad guy, or even an unhinged good guy to try. It might veer a little close to Earth X but if would make for an interesting story.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Has their been a ploy where somebody tries turning all the humans ino mutants? It kind of seems like a no-brainer for a bad guy, or even an unhinged good guy to try. It might veer a little close to Earth X but if would make for an interesting story.
    Magneto has tried to develop tech to do that a couple times: The first time he created a mutat/mutate who could turn humans into mutants using his optical rays, and he used him to create an army of mutants/mutates. However, he became too ambitious, tried to conquer Atittlan and got his ass kicked by Blackbolt.

The second time he built a machine that would turn humans into mutant/mutates in the Savage Land, but he was defeated and his creations turned against him.

Mr. Sinister developed a virus that would temporaly turn humans into mutats, but he only did that so he could capture and dissect those artificial mutants.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I like your #2. It is right up Sinisters alley.

I think it hinges on the formation and end results of Nation X. After the rally at the Whitehouse Scott and the mutants that choose to follow him establish Nation X. Sinister finally is able to alter the mists so that they affect mutants in a way that was not happening before by creating a compound that uses the mists as a bio weapon to attack mutants. With so many mutants present at Nation X Cyclops is the first to recognize the problem not knowing that the mists has been tampered with by his nemesis.

Cyclops decides he has several choices.

Find a way to destroy the mists. This puts him in conflict with the Inhumans.

Find a space that is not affected by the mists. Perhaps underground or out in space.

Lets say he decides to try to destroy the mists first, which is why it is perceived he has done some wrongdoing. He did not succeed and is now hiding in a safe area plotting his next move. He and other mutants are hiding in Tabula Rasa where they are forming a army from the highly evolved creatures there that want to help him.

Now Cyclops has his own army to counter the large Inhuman army, and these beings are not affected by the mists.

Now skip ahead 8 months from NOW July 2016 we see Cyclops with his Massive army giving Blackbolt the "BRING IT ON" gesture yelling come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I like your #2. It is right up Sinisters alley.

I think it hinges on the formation and end results of Nation X. After the rally at the Whitehouse Scott and the mutants that choose to follow him establish Nation X. Sinister finally is able to alter the mists so that they affect mutants in a way that was not happening before by creating a compound that uses the mists as a bio weapon to attack mutants. With so many mutants present at Nation X Cyclops is the first to recognize the problem not knowing that the mists has been tampered with by his nemesis.

Cyclops decides he has several choices.

Find a way to destroy the mists. This puts him in conflict with the Inhumans.

Find a space that is not affected by the mists. Perhaps underground or out in space.

Lets say he decides to try to destroy the mists first, which is why it is perceived he has done some wrongdoing. He did not succeed and is now hiding in a safe area plotting his next move. He and other mutants are hiding in Tabula Rasa where they are forming a army from the highly evolved creatures there that want to help him.

Now Cyclops has his own army to counter the large Inhuman army, and these beings are not affected by the mists.

Now skip ahead 8 months from NOW July 2016 we see Cyclops with his Massive army giving Blackbolt the "BRING IT ON" gesture yelling come at me bro.
    Actually, what I was thinking is that the Terrigen Cloud kills and sterilizes mutants without the need of anybody tampering with it. It just does that, either by accident or because Maximus found it funny.

However, Cyclops doesn't know that. He probably didn't know that the Terrigen Cloud was the source of the plague. He just thought that it was something like the Legacy Virus, an anti-mutant bio-weaon, released by the government.

So, in order to stop it, he tries something very dangerous. A gamble. Something similar to when he wanted Hope to become the new Phoenix, or when he used the Legacy Virus against the Skrull.

Cyclops gets some sample of Mr. Sinister's virus (Beast probably stored a few samples somewhere), mass produces it, and threatens the government: "If you don't release a cure for the plague that is killing mutants, I will release this virus that turns humans into mutants, and all of you will become mutants, get infected with the plague and die".

But the govenrment doesn't know sh*t about the mutant plague. They can't release the cure because they don't have it. So they call every superhero they can find and tell them to stop Cyclops.

Cyclops believes that the government thinks that he's bluffing, so he feels forced to make a demonstration: He releases Mr. Sinister's virus in the middle of an anti-mutant demonstration, and temporaly turns a couple hundreds of thousands of humans into mutants. However, Cyclops has miscalculated: the change is temporary, but before those people revert to humans, the Terrigen Plague affects and kills a few thousands of them. Cyclops is considered a dangerous terrorist and mass murderer.

Later, when it is revealed that the Terrigen Cloud is the cause of the plague, Cyclops declares war on them and demands a cure, but Medusa doesn't have it, so they fight and Cyclops gains a new batch of enemies.

The Avengers, the X-Men, the Inhumans and every other superhero group gang on Cyclops, and he is thrown into a dimensional gate or whatever. But it's too late, the damage is done: Humans have come to believe that mutation is a plague, and that mutants are willingly spreading it.
    Last edited by Habis; 11-05-2015 at 04:31 PM.

I think Storm is not sure if Scott is the one responsible for whatever it is that he supposedly did. Lemire has mentioned in one of his interviews that part of the story is that the EX will try to find Scott. They are building this too much, there was too many mentions for only one issue. I believe there will be a twist, at least I hope so.

Cyclops touched me in the shower and I can never show you where.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

All-New Member

I definitely think its better if the Terrigen Mists aren't altered in any way to harm mutants, they just do it. And I think it's better if the Inhumans didn't know and are now struggling to find a cure while also dealing with this simmering tension in their interactions with mutants--think of Medusa in UIH#1 not trusting Beast fully. And then that provides some potential for Storm's group of mutants: they know the Inhumans aren't at fault per se, but they still resent them for what they did and that can lead to whatever at a moment's notice.