Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I'm not sure what it'll end up being, I have my doubts they even know, but they'll make sure to get the job done right this time and make this villain thing stick. And should Magik, Storm, Colossus, or anybody else who'll still be getting panel time step up and take that spotlight away from non-Disney Cinematic U characters they'll get the same treatment.
    No worries there. Waifus and wallflowers will be totally fiiine.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if the track record of the "Cyclops is evil" stories is anything to go by, then what actually happened was this:

During a worldwide broadcast and after seeing that no one did anything to help the mutants, he said: "The normal humans can go and die in a ditch for all I care.", but everyone knows understood it as: "I will kill all normal humans and then I will get rid of the bodies in a ditch.", and then SHIELD showed up and vaporized him with a Helicarrier.
    I think they intend to make him do something really evil this time, or at least VERY extreme and controversial. The X-Men, all of them, speak of him as a lost case.

I'm sorry, but Marvel seemingly wants to turn him into the new Magneto, a three-dimensional villain you can empathize with, and if they do, there is nothing fans can do to stop that, and certainly not Cyclops, because they write him. If they want him to kick all the puppies in the world, he will do it, period.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would be on board with this. I would love to see another Cyclops and Phoenix mini-series as well. I thought that series was highly underrated from back in the day. All that said, I doubt it will happen for reasons I stated in the previous post.

I think Remender and Hickman were the ones who wanted to explore Cyclops' connection to the Phoenix. But since they're both leaving Marvel, that story will be dropped. It's a shame too because I think Cyclops showed he can use the Phoenix pretty effectively in the first issue of Secret Wars. And in a conflict with the Inhumans, it would definitely make for a major spectacle. It would also create an incident on a level that would affect global perceptions of mutants. So on paper, it's perfect. But its biggest flaw is that it uses the Phoenix Force. And Marvel has given no indication that it wants to save any element of the Phoenix that Hickman and Remender explored.

On top of that, this gets adult Jean Grey into the mix. And as much as I'd love to see her get caught up in this, Marvel is dead set against getting her involved in any way. They're more focused on developing O5 Jean Grey as a character, minus all the Phoenix baggage. I can't say I blame them, but I think this would also be a great time to get her back into the picture. I'd much rather read about her and Cyclops dealing with the Phoenix than seeing Cyclops become more and more a villain. Whatever happened to just using real villains? Why do they have to all be fallen heroes these days? It makes no sense, but I think it still makes too much sense for Marvel to ever pursue.
    Curses! I am once more foiled by dastardly logic!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

He was spotted naked with Chloe Kardashian. Unforgivable and deservingly titled villain!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think they intend to make him do something really evil this time, or at least VERY extreme and controversial. The X-Men, all of them, speak of him as a lost case.

I'm sorry, but Marvel seemingly wants to turn him into the new Magneto, a three-dimensional villain you can empathize with, and if they do, there is nothing fans can do to stop that, and certainly not Cyclops, because they write him. If they want him to kick all the puppies in the world, he will do it, period.
    Well, like i said, that's the track record of these kind of stories.

And well, Wolverine's side has been talking like that about him since Schism; but what Magik and Teen Jean said, makes me think that he did killed someone, and given that Teen Jean learned about Old Man Logan when she was searching the area with her powers, so i guess that it happened when there a big brawl or the battle caused a lot of collateral damage, maybe it happened in the fight that Medusa mentioned.

He produced Jem and the Holograms the movie, thereby murdering people's childhoods. It explains everything.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

My theory is that George R.R. Martin had finished Winds of Winter in 2012, but Scott burned his manuscript when he became the Dark Phoenix and people just discovered it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    My theory is that George R.R. Martin had finished Winds of Winter in 2012, but Scott burned his manuscript when he became the Dark Phoenix and people just discovered it now.
    That would certainly provoke the genocide of mutants.

BANNED

-he cancelled constantine
    -Wrote the gem and the holograms movie
    -Was the creative mind behind arrow season 3
    -He was the one that approved the widow hulk romance
    -Casted a white girl to play tiger lily in Pan
    -Sold weapons to ISIS

Cyclops slept with Medusa, thus creating a civil war between mutants, inhumans, and deadpool

Apparently rumour has it that the murders Cyclops is being blamed for were actually committed by Quentin Quire.

- Cyclops convinced them it was a brilliant idea to change the channel's name to 'SyFy'.

- Cyclops got invited to play GoldenEye classic with Medusa, Steve Rogers and Barack Obama, and he picked Oddjob.

- Cyclops laughed at Clint Eastwood's mule and never apologised.

- Cyclops attempted to doff his cap when he met the Queen of England, forgot he doesn't wear one, accidentally pulled off his mask and shot her in the face.

- Cyclops said the word 'Benghazi' out loud, once. And Fox News heard about it.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    -he cancelled constantine
    -Wrote the gem and the holograms movie
    -Was the creative mind behind arrow season 3
    -He was the one that approved the widow hulk romance
    -Casted a white girl to play tiger lily in Pan
    -Sold weapons to ISIS
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    - Cyclops convinced them it was a brilliant idea to change the channel's name to 'SyFy'.

- Cyclops got invited to play GoldenEye classic with Medusa, Steve Rogers and Barack Obama, and he picked Oddjob.

- Cyclops laughed at Clint Eastwood's mule and never apologised.

- Cyclops attempted to doff his cap when he met the Queen of England, forgot he doesn't wear one, accidentally pulled off his mask and shot her in the face.

- Cyclops said the word 'Benghazi' out loud, once. And Fox News heard about it.
    - Cyclops cancelled Firefly.
    - Cyclops was in charge of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight.
    - Cyclops said the N-word.
    - Cyclops didnt say anything after a person sneezed.

So here's a rumor from /co/ by way of this Reddit post.

Scott basically went public with the fact that the Terrigen Mist was killing mutants. This led to a massacre of several hundred Inhumans by evil mutants orchestrated by Quentin Quires using the Hellfire Club's resources.

In the ensuing madness, Teen Jean tried to seize control over Scott's mind and reprogram his brain to rid him of EVERYTHING Rightclops related. Scott responded by unleashing the Void sliver from his brain into Teen Jean's which basically mindraped her so badly, she quit being a super-hero and went into hiding.

The thing that Brevoort is claiming will REALLY upset fans, is the big reveal that Quentin is now a mass murderer and that the bulk of the Yost/Aaron/Generation Hope Jr X-Men are now his "Marauders". Idie is not part of the group, and a major part of the An-AD book will be Idie, Laura, and the rest of the Teen X-Men fighting Quentin's plans to kill all of the Inhumans.

Similarly, the Magneto X-Men team in Uncanny X-Men is going to be working with Scott in secret.

Source: /co/

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Cyclops touched me in the shower and I can never show you where.
    Actually he was probably asking you for directions and failed to notice you were in the shower.