Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Apparently rumour has it that the murders Cyclops is being blamed for were actually committed by Quentin Quire.
    Yeah, I've seen that rumor. I actually think that's pretty viable. It would actually fit nicely into some of the recent events in the X-books, namely the effect that Wolverine's death had on Quentin. I can't imagine him being all that reasonable when he finds out that the Inhumans are responsible for something that poisons his entire race. And if Cyclops has to take the blame, then he will. That could explain why Storm says he's "gone." He might have to go into hiding because of what he did to handle what Quentin did.

The only problem I have with this theory is that EXM #1 is too clear. It says Cyclops and Cyclops alone is responsible. Quentin is never mentioned. That might be part of the point. But I think it's much more likely that whatever happened was largely because of Cyclops' decisions and not Quentin's. Still, if this turned out to be accurate, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Cyclops taking the blame for something to save his people is perfectly within his character. He did that after AvX. I think he could do that here too if he felt it would protect mutants from further violence.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would be on board with this. I would love to see another Cyclops and Phoenix mini-series as well. I thought that series was highly underrated from back in the day. All that said, I doubt it will happen for reasons I stated in the previous post.

I think Remender and Hickman were the ones who wanted to explore Cyclops' connection to the Phoenix. But since they're both leaving Marvel, that story will be dropped. It's a shame too because I think Cyclops showed he can use the Phoenix pretty effectively in the first issue of Secret Wars. And in a conflict with the Inhumans, it would definitely make for a major spectacle. It would also create an incident on a level that would affect global perceptions of mutants. So on paper, it's perfect. But its biggest flaw is that it uses the Phoenix Force. And Marvel has given no indication that it wants to save any element of the Phoenix that Hickman and Remender explored.

On top of that, this gets adult Jean Grey into the mix. And as much as I'd love to see her get caught up in this, Marvel is dead set against getting her involved in any way. They're more focused on developing O5 Jean Grey as a character, minus all the Phoenix baggage. I can't say I blame them, but I think this would also be a great time to get her back into the picture. I'd much rather read about her and Cyclops dealing with the Phoenix than seeing Cyclops become more and more a villain. Whatever happened to just using real villains? Why do they have to all be fallen heroes these days? It makes no sense, but I think it still makes too much sense for Marvel to ever pursue.
    I think the only reasons why won't see this is because Marvel don't use fans story-concepts and Alonso want something more bigger and cunning which I don't can support. Alonso seems to be a fanboy of the heroes vs heroes arcs which I'm not every time we have such a situation characters get destroyed or nearly destroyed. I really wonder why Iron-Man has so many readers despite written before against the wall maybe it getting normal after Sw ended.

About adult Jean I think Marvel has 2 reasons to keep her out:
    1. To powerful
    2. Would kill Emmas' and Cyclop's relationship
    And even if there another I write her off planet at the end and we had a stories where she was around for a short time before this should be possible.(with to powerful I deal too)

About Cyclops this really depends which way you want to go Bendis wanted to redeem him I would go with that.
    I didn't cared much about Cyclops in Hickman's SW title but his Phoenix-Force was extremely weak for the most bad-ass cosmic force of all.

I also don't see the way Alonso see Bendis writing the X-men for the most part Bendis played the stories save, O5 was a concept which which could work anyway because they are the original characters which marvel destroyed over time. You can say it was very clever but it doesn't need much creativity in writing. The new writers have really the job to reinvent the X-men and get them out of the fire because I think the title survived since M-day(and partial Morrison's run) only because the countless die hard fans the title has.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Apparently rumour has it that the murders Cyclops is being blamed for were actually committed by Quentin Quire.
    The 4chan rumour? It's obviouly fake. It claims that Jeen left because of Void shenanigans, but All-New X-Men shows that it had nothing to do with Jeen's departure. She was just tired of all the crap the X-Men and to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The 4chan rumour? It's obviouly fake. It claims that Jeen left because of spoilers:
    Void
    end of spoilers shenanigans, but All-New X-Men shows that it had nothing to do with Jeen's departure. She spoilers:
    was just tired of all the crap the X-Men and to go through
    end of spoilers.
    Well, so because one part is likely fake then the entire thing is fake ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, so because one part is likely fake then the entire thing is fake ?.
    Sorry, but I think so.

It points to it not being based on actual leaks, but to being mere fanfiction.

The Void stuff is a key part of the story. The fact that there is a blatant lie at the core of the story takes away credibility from it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, sorry, but Jeen in EXM isn't just "wanting to live her life"- she's in complete hiding and traumatized and tried to pretend the X-men never existed. To say what happens there is a direct consequence of Uncanny #600 is non-sense, even because she flat out says it's not.

Something I would just insanely love to see but I'm sure it won't happen, is Scott dying with the Phoenix, and then he goes to the WHR and we see a scene which he and Jean meet there, and she does the classic act of taking off his visor. It would be really beauitul and a good "ending" for them since I think we're not going to see any of them soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Something I would just insanely love to see but I'm sure it won't happen, is Scott dying with the Phoenix, and then he goes to the WHR and we see a scene which he and Jean meet there, and she does the classic act of taking off his visor. It would be really beauitul and a good "ending" for them since I think we're not going to see any of them soon.
    I wouldn't count Cyclops' out for too long. There's a mild obsession with him in the X-Office. It seems like a few characters; Doctor Doom, Reed Richards, Cyclops in particular, are being given a bit of rest after being everywhere the last few years in Bendis and Hickman's stories.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I wouldn't count Cyclops' out for too long. There's a mild obsession with him in the X-Office. It seems like a few characters; Doctor Doom, Reed Richards, Cyclops in particular, are being given a bit of rest after being everywhere the last few years in Bendis and Hickman's stories.
    Doom already appeared in Iron Man and Secret Wars isn't even over yet.

All-New Member

As someone who grew up on Morrison's run and a big Jean fan, this would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    That depends what you mean by too long. I think that or we are going to see him as soon as the "what Cyclops did" plot is revelead or we are really having a break of him for some good time, like Logan that died some time ago and I don't think is coming back since we have Laura as Wolverine and Old Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Doom already appeared in Iron Man and Secret Wars isn't even over yet.
    Yes, Victor Von Doom has appeared already, but I wouldn't yet say from what I saw of him that Doctor Doom is still in the building. Between the massive exposure they got in Secret Wars/ Time Runs Out etc and the lukewarm performance of the last FF series I imagine they'll wait a bit to give Reed and Doom proper demand.

Of course, Reed could just randomly show up in Doctor Strange and throw all my theories out the window.

BANNED

That depends what you mean by too long. I think that or we are going to see him as soon as the "what Cyclops did" plot is revelead or we are really having a break of him for some good time, like Logan that died some time ago and I don't think is coming back since we have Laura as Wolverine and Old Man.
    Well, Wolverine died, so I would hope that at least slows him down. Cyclops is (until proven otherwise) very much alive, but without an X-Team to lead he might as well stay off the radar for a while and let other characters shine a while.

BANNED

defintly fake the only thing i hope for is thousands of dead inhumans cant kill enough of them espcailly the new ones keep the royal family and few others the rest if we never see again will make everthing a better marvel universe

Beast framed Cyclops... whatever happened Beast caused it so he looks like the GREAT man when he solves it.