Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, so because one part is likely fake then the entire thing is fake ?.
    It make it real for you? Look I get it that everyone wants this stuff with scott to be super innocent and the perfect hero but damn, he isn't. As someone else pointed out there are couple more things in the rumor that don't add up. the QQ is one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I think the only reasons why won't see this is because Marvel don't use fans story-concepts and Alonso want something more bigger and cunning which I don't can support. Alonso seems to be a fanboy of the heroes vs heroes arcs which I'm not every time we have such a situation characters get destroyed or nearly destroyed. I really wonder why Iron-Man has so many readers despite written before against the wall maybe it getting normal after Sw ended.

About adult Jean I think Marvel has 2 reasons to keep her out:
    1. To powerful
    2. Would kill Emmas' and Cyclop's relationship
    And even if there another I write her off planet at the end and we had a stories where she was around for a short time before this should be possible.(with to powerful I deal too)

About Cyclops this really depends which way you want to go Bendis wanted to redeem him I would go with that.
    I didn't cared much about Cyclops in Hickman's SW title but his Phoenix-Force was extremely weak for the most bad-ass cosmic force of all.

I also don't see the way Alonso see Bendis writing the X-men for the most part Bendis played the stories save, O5 was a concept which which could work anyway because they are the original characters which marvel destroyed over time. You can say it was very clever but it doesn't need much creativity in writing. The new writers have really the job to reinvent the X-men and get them out of the fire because I think the title survived since M-day(and partial Morrison's run) only because the countless die hard fans the title has.
    The PF never was the most BA cosmic force of all. I'd give that to whoever dawn's "Captain Universe" robe. The PF is super weak in comparison to LT and other abstracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Apparently rumour has it that the murders Cyclops is being blamed for were actually committed by Quentin Quire.
    That started on 4chan.
    There's nothing to it, simply fan fiction, or just a crazy person "role playing", either way it's the whole thing is too dumb, even for Marvel.

The PF is too powerful is very lame excuse. In lots of runs Jean and Rachel as the Phoenix worked just fine. Some writers messed up making a crazy entity that possess everyone making them crazy, but it doesn't have to be like that.

You know, perhaps Marvel is using the same approach they have used in the past and present with other heroes. Examples: Falcon as Captain America, Jane as Thor, Amadeus Cho as Hulk. Perhaps they want to use OM Logan and Laura and Tyke. These changes in the status quo come and go. I don't mind having Scott and Logan getting a little rest, I just don't want them to vilify a character that is a hero to thousands of fans like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The PF never was the most BA cosmic force of all. I'd give that to whoever dawn's "Captain Universe" robe. The PF is super weak in comparison to LT and other abstracts.
    I think it really depends on the author PF's power-level was shown very inconsistent , in general the PF is the oldest know entity in the MU and has the job to watch over the karma cycle of the (multi)universe. The problem with the PF is it can resurrect the dead which is a gamer breaker for the authors.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I think it really depends on the author PF's power-level was shown very inconsistent , in general the PF is the oldest know entity in the MU and has the job to watch over the karma cycle of the (multi)universe. The problem with the PF is it can resurrect the dead which is a gamer breaker for the authors.
    What you described is the Living Tribunal's role not the PF, the PF job has been death and Resurrection. When attached to a host it always brings out what's always been present in them. AvX only change they made was the P5 where it attached itself to 5 host who majority wise have no psionics to them except for Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The 4chan rumour? It's obviouly fake. It claims that Jeen left because of Void shenanigans, but All-New X-Men shows that it had nothing to do with Jeen's departure. She was just tired of all the crap the X-Men and to go through.
    I don't think anyone is claiming that this rumor has any validity to it. Late yesterday, it was posted on Bleeding Cool with the disclaimer that it was unsubstantiated and 4chan is not always a reliable source. That said, Rich Johnson did point out that the rumored costume change for Dazzler is wrong. So that alone should put a dent in credibility to this rumor.

That said, I still think it is possible. Quentin Quire is one of the many X-men characters who is MIA. He hasn't been mentioned in any of the relaunched X-men titles. He hasn't really done much since the death of Wolverine. I think it's entirely possible that Wolverine's death affected him so greatly that he would cross a few major lines. And if Cyclops feels he has to take the blame for something another mutant did, he will. That would be perfectly in character for him.

For now, this is the only sort-of rumor we've got to work with now. More are sure to pop up over the next few months. But 4chan did spoil parts of Uncanny X-men #600 before it was released. So it is possible that something could leak. For something like this, I have a feeling it'll get leaked at some point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That said, Rich Johnson did point out that the rumored costume change for Dazzler is wrong. So that alone should put a dent in credibility to this rumor.
    The ONE, teeny, tiny aspect that I was really hoping would turn out to be true so obviously it is dismissed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    What you described is the Living Tribunal's role not the PF, the PF job has been death and Resurrection. When attached to a host it always brings out what's always been present in them. AvX only change they made was the P5 where it attached itself to 5 host who majority wise have no psionics to them except for Emma.
    Tribunals work is more a guardian the whole stuff about the PF's role came up in the X-men Forever book. I read 2 wiki's in both are a different story about the PF .. so again inconsistent.

Thought I'd bump this thread after the events of Extraordinary X-men #2. It reveals something pretty striking about Cyclops' fate.

spoilers:
    According to Storm, Cyclops is dead. Not figuratively or anything like that. She says flat out that he's dead.
    end of spoilers

Now this clashes with the 4chan rumor. However, another part of that rumor ended up being true.

spoilers:
    We find out near the end of the issue that X-Haven is in fact located in Limbo, just as the rumor predicted. So that gives it the first shred of official credibility. However, it also said that Cyclops is alive and working secretly with the Uncanny X-men team. Now maybe this is a cover. Maybe Cyclops faked his death so that he could be a martyr or something, but that still wouldn't explain why everyone blames him for the current state of mutants. The rumor said that he's the one that exposed the truth about the Terrigen Mist. So maybe they just blame him for being the catalyst. Shooting the messenger, as it were. But the whole deal with the Void and what happened with O5 Jean seems a lot less likely now. Then again, the fact it got the location of X-Haven right is pretty telling.
    end of spoilers
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Way I saw it, Storm said that Dream died with whatever Cyclops did.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    spoilers:

Storm: "Cyclops -- Scott -- He's dead."
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    The dream is dead since M-day, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    spoilers:

Storm: "Cyclops -- Scott -- He's dead."
    end of spoilers
    Ah, yes. Missed panel.
    Still, no body. And reading 52 taught me that even with body you can't be sure someone is dead.