Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im still not sure they even know what he did, and are probably making it as they go. They just needed him to be gone.
    It's gonna backfire, it always does... unless they're planning on destroying the X me... wait a minute... damn they want it to backfire

I'm glad someone resurrected this thread. I think it deserves to be revisited.

After reading All-New X-men and EXM, we have a better understanding of what happened, but Marvel is really light on the details. As it stands, he's dead and everybody hates him. O5 Angel said in All-New X-men #1 that he's the most hated mutant on the planet. So what did he have to do to earn that title? How bad is Marvel going to make this? As far as I'm concerned, I think they've fully embraced the Brett Ratner approach to Cyclops in that the best way to destroy him is to do it off-screen in the most tasteless way possible.

As expected, none of my earlier theories panned out. There's still a chance the 4chan theory could be true. That theory states that Cyclops is alive and working behind the scenes with Magneto's new team. This actually might have some credence to it because Uncanny X-men #1 was unexpectedly pushed back into January 2016. Between now and then, additional issues of ANXM and EXM will be released. Perhaps during these issues, we'll get a hint that Cyclops might not be dead. However, it's just as likely that this theory is wrong and Cyclops has no part in Uncanny X-men. In fact, I think this is more likely, given Marvel's ongoing trend at pushing aside its biggest names in X-men.

My new theory essentially assumes the worst. In the case, the worst is that Cyclops learns about the effects of the Terrigen Mists. And after having sacrificed so much to undo M-Day, he skips the part where he reaches out to the Inhumans. Instead, he just launches and all-out attack on Attilan, demanding that the Inhumans stop the mist. A conflict follows and he loses horribly. Black Bolt ends up killing him and Cyclops' forces end up hurting dozens of innocent civilians in the process. On top of that, their attack spread the mist even more. This makes him the ultimate villain and scapegoat for both humans and mutants. Only the Ghosts of Cyclops thinks he did the right thing pre-preemptively attacking the Inhumans. Everyone else thinks he's a warmongering murderer. This after he staged the largest peaceful demonstration in mutant history, no less. It would be an unbelievable reversal on an wholly egregious level, especially since it happened off-panel. We see no built. We see no decline. It just happens because it's easier and the 8-month gap gives Marvel a perfect excuse. I think they've been wanting to make Cyclops a villain for a long time. This just completes the process.

This is a theory I hope is wrong. It is possible that Cyclops could've been manipulated or wrongfully blamed. The 4chan theory hints that Kid Omega is actually the one responsible. If this is the case, and it's not at all impossible, it would create a much more compelling side-plot for Cyclops to clear his name. However, I get the sense that Marvel doesn't want to tell this story. I think it's easier for them if he's just a dead, disgraced villain. Usually, they do what is easiest from a story-telling perspective.

At this point, I can't think of any possibility where Cyclops' character is salvaged in any way. All that time Bendis put into redeeming his character (and I would argue that he made considerable progress at the end of Uncanny X-men #600) was basically for nothing. Maybe shape-shifters and psychic manipulations are involved. But the fact that so much of this crap happened off-panel is what leads me to believe it's really egregious. That's usually easier for Marvel because it means they don't have to make as great an effort. And when it comes to the X-men, Marvel has shown an uncanny level of laziness since the Disney merger.
    Last edited by MarvelMaster616; 12-02-2015 at 05:31 PM.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm glad someone resurrected this thread. I think it deserves to be revisited.

As expected, none of my earlier theories panned out. There's still a chance the 4chan theory could be true. That theory states that Cyclops is alive and working behind the scenes with Magneto's new team. This actually might have some credence to it because Uncanny X-men #1 was unexpectedly pushed back into January 2016. Between now and then, additional issues of ANXM and EXM will be released. Perhaps during these issues, we'll get a hint that Cyclops might not be dead. However, it's just as likely that this theory is wrong and Cyclops has no part in Uncanny X-men. In fact, I think this is more likely, given Marvel's ongoing trend at pushing aside its biggest names in X-men.

My new theory essentially assumes the worst. In the case, the worst is that Cyclops learns about the effects of the Terrigen Mists. And after having sacrificed so much to undo M-Day, he skips the part where he reaches out to the Inhumans. Instead, he just launches and all-out attack on Attilan, demanding that the Inhumans stop the mist. A conflict follows and he loses horribly. Black Bolt ends up killing him and Cyclops' forces end up hurting dozens of innocent civilians in the process. On top of that, their attack spread the mist even more. This makes him the ultimate villain and scapegoat for both humans and mutants. Only the Ghosts of Cyclops thinks he did the right thing pre-preemptively attacking the Inhumans. Everyone else thinks he's a warmongering murderer. This after he staged the largest peaceful demonstration in mutant history, no less. It would be an unbelievable reversal on an wholly egregious level, especially since it happened off-panel. We see no built. We see no decline. It just happens because it's easier and the 8-month gap gives Marvel a perfect excuse. I think they've been wanting to make Cyclops a villain for a long time. This just completes the process.

This is a theory I hope is wrong. It is possible that Cyclops could've been manipulated or wrongfully blamed. The 4chan theory hints that Kid Omega is actually the one responsible. If this is the case, and it's not at all impossible, it would create a much more compelling side-plot for Cyclops to clear his name. However, I get the sense that Marvel doesn't want to tell this story. I think it's easier for them if he's just a dead, disgraced villain. Usually, they do what is easiest from a story-telling perspective.

At this point, I can't think of any possibility where Cyclops' character is salvaged in any way. All that time Bendis put into redeeming his character (and I would argue that he made considerable progress at the end of Uncanny X-men #600) was basically for nothing. Maybe shape-shifters and psychic manipulations are involved. But the fact that so much of this crap happened off-panel is what leads me to believe it's really egregious. That's usually easier for Marvel because it means they don't have to make as great an effort. And when it comes to the X-men, Marvel has shown an uncanny level of laziness since the Disney merger.
    Despite new revelations still makes no sense Scott would only enter into an open war if believed could win with some margin of success after all he are a strategist.

To marvel really do it will not be different from what happened in AvX fans will not swallow it and will start to question everything as well as they did in AvX and as a consequence his popularity will continue to rise.

Marvel has killed or made the lives of past leaders of X-mens a living hell do not have many hopes for the future of Scott at the end of it but he is still alive for sure.

I don't know what f@ck he did, but whatever it was, leave him dead, please. Marvel has screwed too much with the characters. In both Extraordinary and All New, there is a lot of garbage thrown at him.

We will be stuck with a teenage, secondary version of what was once a great character.

BANNED

Why is everyone tap-dancing around the viability of the "Cyclops is helping the Uncanny X-Men" rumor? It seems pretty obvious that if he were in any book it would be the one Magneto is in. I bet Miles Morales will show up in Amazing Spider-man at some point. I also am fairly baffled by the doom and gloom everyone is throwing around about Cyclops. Of course he was an instigator of whatever conflict happened with the Inhumans. That fits in with his character under Bendis. The alternative would be that Medusa or Black bolt kicked the door in and started fighting for no reason. But faking his death only to come strutting back into the foreground with a brilliant plan at the last minute is super in-character with the stuff he did at the peak of his history, when he was the leader in Astonishing and the West Coast days.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

It would be best if he is alive and covertly helping the Uncanny team, but...

If he really is dead, I kinda want them to give us a different reason in each issue, each more epic than the last.
    Might as well have some fun with it.

OML: "What happened to Scott?"
    Jeen: "He's dead. He snuck up on the Hulk while he was sleeping, stole his pants, and then threw a hornet's nest at him. It was really funny but it...it wasn't worth it."

[Next Issue]

Piotr: "What happened to Scott?"
    Illy: "He's dead. He challenged Galactus to a hot dog eating contest and won. It cost him though."

Anyway, instead of asking "What did Cyclops do?" we should be asking "What Would Cyclops Do?".

Last edited by Striderblack01; 12-02-2015 at 09:32 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think Cyclops had a advanced plan to have in place against the Inhumans in case something happened. I think that before his "attack" on the Inhumans he got some allies to accomplish certain goals.He send Beast to study and learn as much about the Inhumans as possible.
    Sabretooth was one of the mutants at his D.C. rally.Sabretooth could be his agent in X-force to make sure they target mutant threats and do not go of the hinges. He is still inverted and may want to not go back to his blood thirsty ways while he has the chance. Frenzy could be a envoy to express the plight of mutants to inhumans and have some side with X-men and or mutants in a upcoming conflict.Cyke is a strategist and would not try to Roscoe Jenkins the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I don't know what f@ck he did, but whatever it was, leave him dead, please. Marvel has screwed too much with the characters. In both Extraordinary and All New, there is a lot of garbage thrown at him.

We will be stuck with a teenage, secondary version of what was once a great character.
    If this happens I say goodbye to marvel just can not stand O5 x-mens and God how many mutant leaders will have to die or be discredited to marvel be satisfied.

It's good ask this because after Scott died guess who will be the next Storm has begun to have visions not be surprised if the writers make her crazy due to stress there to be away from the X-mens or die is a jump.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Why is everyone tap-dancing around the viability of the "Cyclops is helping the Uncanny X-Men" rumor? It seems pretty obvious that if he were in any book it would be the one Magneto is in. I bet Miles Morales will show up in Amazing Spider-man at some point. I also am fairly baffled by the doom and gloom everyone is throwing around about Cyclops. Of course he was an instigator of whatever conflict happened with the Inhumans. That fits in with his character under Bendis. The alternative would be that Medusa or Black bolt kicked the door in and started fighting for no reason. But faking his death only to come strutting back into the foreground with a brilliant plan at the last minute is super in-character with the stuff he did at the peak of his history, when he was the leader in Astonishing and the West Coast days.
    You obviously didn't read the entire run.

I could be as simple as someone assassinated him. Is it true the the terrigen mists are affecting normal humans who don't have Inhuman Dna, or did I just make that up (I thought I read that somewhere). Perhaps the ignorant humans blame mutants for the TM and Cyclops pays the price.

It would be interesting that if he is indeed killed that a panel shows him reuniting with the White Phoenix of the Crown since he was touched by the Phoenix force, reuniting with Jean.

BANNED

Wasn't Dorky-clops killed by deity Doom in Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Wasn't Dorky-clops killed by deity Doom in Secret Wars?
    Yes, but ot doesnt count cause everyone gets resserected after Secret Wars
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I think Cyclops had a advanced plan to have in place against the Inhumans in case something happened. I think that before his "attack" on the Inhumans he got some allies to accomplish certain goals.He send Beast to study and learn as much about the Inhumans as possible.
    Sabretooth was one of the mutants at his D.C. rally.Sabretooth could be his agent in X-force to make sure they target mutant threats and do not go of the hinges. He is still inverted and may want to not go back to his blood thirsty ways while he has the chance. Frenzy could be a envoy to express the plight of mutants to inhumans and have some side with X-men and or mutants in a upcoming conflict.Cyke is a strategist and would not try to Roscoe Jenkins the Inhumans.
    I like this idea. The problem is it makes too much sense and Marvel tends not to do things that might make too much sense, especially when it comes to X-men.

There is precedent for Cyclops playing the long game. He did that in Dark Reign to beat Norman Osborn. He gave the impression that some of his own teammates had left him. He turned that around and used it to screw over Osborn. He could do that with the Inhumans, but I doubt that's the case. Matt Fraction emphasized Cyclops' ability to plan and be tactical. Bendis emphasized his devolution into becoming another Magneto, as was so poorly shown in The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier. So right now, I think it's more likely that he was the instigator because that's an easier story for Marvel to tell and it gives them a convenient scapegoat, which Cyclops has been since AvX.

That said, the 4chan rumor did give itself some credibility when it got the location of X-Haven right. So there might be some validity to Cyclops pulling the strings from behind the scenes. However, I just can't see how that would benefit him or mutants. He's already the most hated mutant on the planet. His friends and his own time-displaced self hates his guts. What could possibly benefit him tactically from that situation? Unless there were circumstances beyond his control (Kid Omega being one of them, as the 4chan rumor hints), I don't see why he would stay in the shadows.

Personally, I'm not going to accept that he's "dead" unless there's a body or a grave shown on-panel. Without that, I think it's likely that Cyclops is still alive in some capacity, although I do think Marvel isn't above killing him off-panel. Given how so much has happened off-panel and how so much has gone bad for the X-men, it's a difficult story to assess. And I think it's been very poorly handled compared to other non-mutant titles.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    You obviously didn't read the entire run.
    You can't blame anyone for dropping that waste of time, yo.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I just thought what if a inverted Havok did something and Cyke is being blamed?