Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I like the mask, very spooky, different from Flash and Reverse-Flash while still being the same basic idea/design, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, at this point, I'm leaning towards Zoom being the Earth-2 Barry Allen as well, which is kind of funny since I thought last season Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash was a future version of Barry, but oh well Because it certainly seem like much of a coincidence that Zoom's costume is pretty much Barry's suit done in all black and gray. Moreover, let's not forget the vision of future Barry had when he saw himself in behind bars at Iron Heights. What if that's because Zoom frames Barry for a crime he didn't commit and the reason Zoom could pull that off is because, if he's the Earth-2 Barry, they would both have the same DNA.

The other possibility is that it's the Earth-2 Henry Allen, which could explain why John Wesley Shipp seemed to leave the show so abruptly the way he did during the season premiere.
    What vision scene are you referring too? I seem to have missed that.

But your point does make me wonder about something. What happened to the Earth 2 Barry.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Personally I will be highly disappointed if it is just E2 Barry or Eddie as those seem to be the easy way out and I feel the show is better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookbeard View Post
    What vision scene are you referring too? I seem to have missed that.

But your point does make me wonder about something. What happened to the Earth 2 Barry.
    The visions when Flash was running through time in the season finale. It showed the Flash Museum, Barry in jail, and Caitlin as Killer Frost.

Now that people are mentioning Henry as a possible Zoom, we haven't seen him at all since the premier, have we?

BANNED

Zoom pretty much has to be someone we'll recognize, otherwise all the "mystery" surrounding him is for naught. That leaves a limited pool of suspects, so whichever one they choose is likely to have a bit of a disappointment/saw it coming factor to it. But I doubt they're likely to draw the reveal out for much longer, so once we do find out, we can focus on the actual process of Barry vanquishing him.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Zoom pretty much has to be someone we'll recognize, otherwise all the "mystery" surrounding him is for naught. That leaves a limited pool of suspects, so whichever one they choose is likely to have a bit of a disappointment/saw it coming factor to it. The good news is that they aren't likely to draw the reveal out for much longer, so once we do find out, we can focus on the actual process of Barry vanquishing him.
    That's why i hope they reveal who it is quicker than they did with Reverse flash. And entice us on some other story element outside of a secret identity.

BANNED

That's why i hope they reveal who it is quicker than they did with Reverse flash. And entice us on some other story element outside of a secret identity.
    Strictly speaking, they revealed that Wells was the Reverse-Flash pretty early on. It took a bit longer for the full details and backstory to emerge, but the fact that he was the guy in the yellow suit came out relatively quickly.

Strictly speaking, they revealed that Wells was the Reverse-Flash pretty early on. It took a bit longer for the full details and backstory to emerge, but the fact that he was the guy in the yellow suit came out relatively quickly.
    Yea. That is true. I just meant that i hope they don't just do a repeat of season 1, cept with different fast bad guy and more metas.

So maybe keep him a secret forever? :P

Yea. That is true. I just meant that i hope they don't just do a repeat of season 1, cept with different fast bad guy and more metas.

So maybe keep him a secret forever? :P
    Personally, I hope that whoever the main villain is for season 3...is not in any way someone with speed powers (or time powers that effectively duplicate speed powers).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The visions when Flash was running through time in the season finale. It showed the Flash Museum, Barry in jail, and Caitlin as Killer Frost.

Now that people are mentioning Henry as a possible Zoom, we haven't seen him at all since the premier, have we?
    I originally thought that Zoom was Earth 2 Barry Allen. I'm now more inclined to think that he is Earth 2 Henry Allen. I definitely think it is going to be one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Personally, I hope that whoever the main villain is for season 3...is not in any way someone with speed powers (or time powers that effectively duplicate speed powers).
    Well, Cold will probably be out of the hero game post-Legends so maybe by season 3 we'll finally get that all-Rogues episode that they've been talking about and have Cold as a proper Big Bad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Cold will probably be out of the hero game post-Legends so maybe by season 3 we'll finally get that all-Rogues episode that they've been talking about and have Cold as a proper Big Bad?
    Cold doesn't really fit the Big bad profile that's been established on Arrow and Flash. Merlyn, Slade, Ra's, Wells, And (most likely) Zoom--it's always been someone with some kind of deep link to the hero's past (to provide a personal motive for the hero) and a grand scheme whose fulfillment involves mass destruction and/or a big body count that the hero has to stop. Cold is not a guy who goes in for grand designs or big revenge scenarios; he's basically just a thief. He's a "rogue" in the truest sense of the word. I suppose they could find a way to twist him in that direction, but it would really take away from what makes the character work and what makes Miller's portrayal of him so much fun.

My give a damn's busted Kevin T Brown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Mirror Master and doing a version of the Wonderland story.

Cold doesn't really fit the Big bad profile that's been established on Arrow and Flash. Merlyn, Slade, Ra's, Wells, And (most likely) Zoom--it's always been someone with some kind of deep link to the hero's past (to provide a personal motive for the hero) and a grand scheme whose fulfillment involves mass destruction and/or a big body count that the hero has to stop. Cold is not a guy who goes in for grand designs or big revenge scenarios; he's basically just a thief. He's a "rogue" in the truest sense of the word. I suppose they could find a way to twist him in that direction, but it would really take away from what makes the character work and what makes Miller's portrayal of him so much fun.
    Good point, though I think Cold, with all his Rogues together, could probably serve as big overarching antagonists for Team Flash to contend with in Central City for a season.

He's not about revenge or killing people, but his desire to prove himself against The Flash and be the top criminal in Central City with a gang of Supervillains at his disposal seems like it could lead to a scenario with enough stakes to qualify Captain Cold as a Big Bad.

Or maybe for one or two episodes .

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

A part of me wishes Zoom comes from Earth-3.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.