Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That sounds so wonderful, it just depresses me. Of course, DC has been depressing me for several years now.
    My reaction as well. So depressing this never materialized and seems it unlikely it ever will. Morrison at least said his Multiversity issue was everything he had to say about those characters. Waid is with Marvel. Etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

when was this being contemplated?

Astonishing Member

was this around the time editorial threw most of the shazam mythos under a bus to try promote freddy as captain marvel (i have some vague memories that they also vetoed johns and ordway over something shazam related with the black mary appearance in JSA)

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    when was this being contemplated?
    Well it had to be before he left to Boom! Studios, which was around 2008.
    I think the last thing he did for DC was The Flash #236 (March 2008) & The Brave and the Bold #16
    (October 2008)
    So before then.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    was this around the time editorial threw most of the shazam mythos under a bus to try promote freddy as captain marvel (i have some vague memories that they also vetoed johns and ordway over something shazam related with the black mary appearance in JSA)
    Could be around or before that time-frame, he was gone by the time that ended and Freddy was already Captain Marvel. So yeah, likely before then.

They were really trying to reinvent SHAZAM! I can see editorial thinking using Billy, Mary and Freddy as is (even with these great writers), is to obvious and "safe", so let's do something more drastic and shocking to get attention!
    Hence rejecting the more traditional idea, and instead making Billy the white-haired Wizard, and Freddy the now more edgy Captain Marvel.

Last edited by Güicho; 11-08-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Morrison with the Marvel Family is a fantasy. Might get some real stories

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The last time Mark Waid tried to write teens when he rebooted the Legion it was not good at all. I am afraid his Billy would have been just as bad with all the horrible cliches that men his age think is what teens really are like these days.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I would've loved this book. Shazam/ Captain Marvel is one of the few DC characters that I absolutely adore.

I don't know, I'm not really interested in Simone's or Waid's take on Marvels and we already got some Morrison's ideas in Multiversity.