Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MORRISON, WAID & SIMONE On a CAPTAIN MARVEL FAMILY Title?

It Almost Happened.
    http://www.newsarama.com/26659-gail-...saw-print.html

What I would give to see this...

I had no idea Gail Simone was a big fan of the Marvel family, but wow this title would've been awesome .

"The idea was, three features, rotating the lead story; Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Jr., and Mary Marvel," Simone explained of the unproduced book. "Grant Morrison would write Jr., Mark Waid would write Cap, and I would write Mary ..."
    Wow! That would have been a fun.

Last edited by Güicho; 11-05-2015 at 04:58 PM.

I don't really care about them but I feel bad for the Marvel family's fans. Seems they get ignored more than anyone in comics except Wally fans.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    I don't really care about them but I feel bad for the Marvel family's fans. Seems they get ignored more than anyone in comics except Wally fans.
    In the next couple of years I'm sure things will pick up as we get closer to the release of the movie.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

This would have been amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNED

Honestly this is a DC loss to finally having great Captain Marvel stories again with that magic word.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I would have loved to have read this, too bad it didn't happen. Maybe once we get closer to the release of the Shazam movie we will finally get an ongoing for the character.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

This sounds great. I've always thought DC should explore writing books from other Earths... A book from Earth-5 (with a lot of freedom for the creators) would have been great. I loved Johns' Shazam, but i do know a lot of fans like the classic Cap better.

Also, Earth-4 could have its own book and it'd be awesome.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Boisterously Confused

That sounds so wonderful, it just depresses me. Of course, DC has been depressing me for several years now.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The Shazam characters have everything a franchise needs to be one of DC's big franchises. Captain Marvel has a catchy gimmick (child who becomes adult hero.) compelling villains ( Dr. Sivanna, Black Adam, and Mr. Mind are all three great villains) and a good supporting cast. Yet again and again this franchise is overlooked cast aside for other superheroes that quite frankly don't have half as much stuff going for them. I like Cyborg, Lobo and many of the other c list characters that are getting books these days, but your crazy if you think any of them have more potential then this character, who has proven to be really popular in to separate eras, and has been freakishly resilient regardless of DC's attempt at stymieing his popularity in the past, and miss use of him in the present.

BANNED

With these three, I would've approached this with extreme caution. He will get his series soon enough, I can't imagine him without one.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This sounds like it would have been amazing and I am not usually a big Morrison fan, but his recent delving into the old-school takes on characters would have been perfect for this especially if it were anything like Thunderworld.

As for DC doing books set on other Earths...I so wish they would move into that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In the next couple of years I'm sure things will pick up as we get closer to the release of the movie.
    And that is not a good thing at all. The way I see it, they will care more about putting stories out than the quality of said stories, and interested generated by a movie fatally dieas out when the next trailer appears, so...

I hope I'm wrong.

BANNED

no way... this is too good to be true... Mark Waid on Captain Marvel, this would be phenomanel ( i really liked what Geoff Johns and Gary Frank did with character btw the new 52 version) I expect something at the calibar of The Kingdom Come. Morrison on Marvel Jr sounds great i expect something at the calibar of All Star Superman. and Gail Simone on Mery Marvel sounds great, she really knows how to write a strong woman... or girl