Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default All-New Wolverine, #1

LAURA KINNEY EMBRACES HER DESTINY. HERE! COMES! WOLVERINE!
    X-23 was created to be a weapon and for a time, that's all she was. But with the help of her mentor, LOGAN-the original WOLVERINE-she escaped that dark past. Tragically, Logan has fallen, but Laura will continue in his footsteps as a hero. Recent events have her doing everything in her power to keep those around her alive, as violent forces are hell-bent on mutual destruction. If anyone can stop them, it's Laura. She is the best there is at what she does. She is THE ALL-NEW WOLVERINE.

Full article here.

BANNED

Gaaaaah, is it Wednesday yet?

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Really loving the art (LK reminds me of a synthesis of young Angelina Jolie/Michelle Pfeiffer). And check out how she's standing there in full Wolvie regalia. Self-assured...without a trace of ambiguity. LK's dialogue even has a hint of swagger to it: "I want them to see THE WOLVERINE coming." We know this ain't her first rodeo. She's been battle tested plenty. Laura Kinney is the Wolverine now.

4892026-3+anwolv2015001_int2-2.jpg
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 11-06-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Great preview and good to see it on here now too. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

What is up with the Hip-Hop variant cover though? Those big black bars at the top and bottom are ugly. The art should have been full-sized on it.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Great preview and good to see it on here now too. Wednesday can't come soon enough.

What is up with the Hip-Hop variant cover though? Those big black bars at the top and bottom are ugly. The art should have been full-sized on it.
    lol Hip-Hop variant cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

I know, right? This is going to be the first time I actively try to get a variant cover, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    lol Hip-Hop variant cover?
    This one, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I know, right? This is going to be the first time I actively try to get a variant cover, lol.

This one, I think.

I can see how some folks could go there.
    Last edited by Old Man Ollie 1962; 11-06-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm seriously nearing the point where I'm counting down the hours. Normally I wait to get back home before I read my comics. I'm probably just going to read this in the store.

I quite liked the blue and yellow streaks in her hair, though it makes sense that she wouldn't need to pay homage to Logan in that way if she's wearing the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    How? Album covers are square. They couldn't fill the cover without adding new parts to the top and bottom of the image. I agree the bars are ugly though.

That was actually kinda great.

I can see how some folks could go there.
    It' s an homage to an album of DMX by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    How? Album covers are square. They couldn't fill the cover without adding new parts to the top and bottom of the image. I agree the bars are ugly though.
    Well that is certainly true but the bars just really look out of place. Just makes it less awesome. Not that it matters to me that much. As an online-reader I won't get any variant covers anyway even if I would really like to
    "This is me being reasonable"

Can't wait to see this. Not going to lie. I squeed a bit when I saw X-23 reveal her new Wolverine uniform. And I'm not ashamed of it either.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Really loving the art (LK reminds me of a synthesis of young Angelina Jolie/Michelle Pfeiffer). And check out how she's standing there in full Wolvie regalia. Self-assured...without a trace of ambiguity. LK's dialogue even has a hint of swagger to it: "I want them to see THE WOLVERINE coming." We know this ain't her first rodeo. She's been battle tested plenty. Laura Kinney is the Wolverine now.

4892026-3+anwolv2015001_int2-2.jpg
    I really feel that she's making a statement here. I'm hoping this is the moment when she openly reveals to the world that the Wolverine is back.

I really dig the "THE" part.
    "THE Wolverine".

I dunno. It adds umf.

Still not like the uniform but have high expectations hope make use this space to promote Laura life and create a world around her and not only as Wolverine successor.