Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Web Warriors, #1

All of your favorite web-slinging wonders from SPIDER-VERSE, together in one place! It's high-stakes action when ELECTRO threatens all of reality! From their base on Earth-001, it's up to SPIDER-GWEN, SPIDER-MAN NOIR, SPIDER-MAN INDIA, SPIDER-UK, SPIDER-HAM and a TON of other surprise spider-guest stars to stop him!

Full article here.

That was cute.

Just wish this was less "Spider-Gwen and Friends". The other characters without their own solos need the focus and spotlight more than her.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So Anya is just a "Surprise Spider-Guest Star" and Anya got no lines in the preview. She's just wallpaper.

Whoa.

They really don't want my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So Anya is just a "Surprise Spider-Guest Star" and Anya got no lines in the preview. She's just wallpaper.

Whoa.

They really don't want my money.
    Er... Spider-Man India and Mayday didn't get any lines either. Spider-Ham and Noir got just one speech bubble each. So I don't see how the preview pages are singling out Anya. It just happened to be a very Spider-Gwen and Spider-UK heavy preview. Seeing how it is just 5 pages, that may not even hold true for the rest of the issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Er... Spider-Man India and Mayday didn't get any lines either. Spider-Ham and Noir got just one speech bubble each. So I don't see how the preview pages are singling out Anya. It just happened to be a very Spider-Gwen and Spider-UK heavy preview. Seeing how it is just 5 pages, that may not even hold true for the rest of the issue.
    don't mind him he just thinks there's some conspiracy holding Anya back

Insults you hurl yet you never can dispute the facts. It's quite cute.

To be a conspiracy it would mean it isn't already fact and happening. Reality check, it's happening.

Man, I bet you consider all F4 and X-Fans as crazies as well despite them being, like I have been about Anya, right everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Riiight, yet the writer already listed future plans for them. They will get lines while the writer has ignored Anya completely. Anya is also not lsted on the teams roster at all and has been missing in 99% of the books promotion.

Seeing as Gwen had more lines than everyone else in the preview combined....
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-06-2015 at 10:14 PM.

All-New Member

I like that Anya is on this team. The main team seems cool. It's true though that in some interviews and descriptions for the series they mentioned everyone else except for Anya, which is weird, since she is supposed to be one of the core six characters, not just a guest star. This is an interesting premise for the series and I like that it won't be bogged down by having to stick to one continuity. It seems like it'll be it's own cool, little thing.

You mean nearly all and not a single one explained any plans for her.

So far it seems to be Gwen only as she seperate from the team for solo adventures.

The writer is far more interested on Gwen than making a true Web Warriors book.

Heck, the writer lists Anya as a special spider guest when this is Anya's team!

BANNED

it's a freaking preview....You Know Only Iron-Man And Sam Wilson Showed up in the ANAD Avengers Preview? does that mean The rest of the team suddenly isn't important...according to you it does and as for Web Warriors Why wouldn't they focus on Gwen When She's Selling Books

one more thing it's a team book exploring worlds without a spider-man using a team of alternate universe spider-heroes it's not Anya's Solo Book nor is it her team(Spider-UK Is The Leader) so you shouldn't go in expecting Anya to be the leader and be apart of the conversation in a short preview
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 11-07-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Right, and your avatar has nothing to do with your bias towards Gwen eating up almost all the screentime and dialogue, stealing the book away as the first arc deals with her away from the team (They aren't featured while she's off with all the screen time), as well as pushing all the actually relevant characters to the side as wallpaper because Costa wanted a Gwen Solo and not a Web Warriors Team?

Iron Man actually said something and you're forgetting that Iron Man and Sam are literally in multiple other books as well. Gwen is also in multiple books as well. The Web Warriors are ONLY here yet this book is being treated as a Gwen Solo when it's supposed to be a book about the Web Warriors entirely. You also constantly ignore that Anya was cut off from 99% of the book's promotion and Costa didn't even have Anya listed as a team member at all when this is a book about a team she literally Co-Founded rather recently. Thus your point is moot.

No, that's according to you based off a flawed logic and thus trying to force that flawed logic out as my words when they aren't. I explained in great detail on what's going on but you choose to ignore it and hurl strawman arguments because you support Gwen taking over the book and having the actual Web Warriors not featured in their own book where it's the only place they're at. Gwen already has her solo, she shouldn't be stealing a team book and it being treated as another Solo when it was never meant to be. It's highly disrespectful and I highly doubt Dan Slot had the team formed with the intention of the entire team being sidelined and off-screen for Gwen Adventures.

No, it's a Gwen book, as that's what Costa wants, as the team literally is separated from Gwen in the first Arc and thus absence in the very first arc of their own book.

Yes it is Spider-UK's and Anya's team. Read Spider-Verse next time, it fills in the facts. Spider-Uk and Anya Founded the team together, Karn didn't make it official until Anya stepped up.

That's really hypocritical of you to say that about Anya, who Co-Founded the team, considering that Gwen isn't even a founding member yet the books all about her, because of Costa not caring for the team and its concept, and not the actual Founders. Another strawman by you to justify this horrid treatment of Anya in favor of Gwen who was recruited AFTER the team was formed yet Costa is acting like Gwen founded the team because Costa wanted a Gwen Solo not a book about Web Warriors while Costa is also making it clear they wished Anya hadn't Co-Founded the team at all as Costa doesn't want to use Anya while Costa is tolerating the rest to a bare min. Hence separating Gwen from them immediately at the start.

Your bias for Gwen blinds you to these facts and it's a shame.

If I wanted a book all about Gwen and only Gwen than I would buy the book that actually has her name in it - her Solo. At least her Universe and Support cast is there.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 11-08-2015 at 06:57 AM.

All-New Member

Does anyone know if this series will be accessible to new readers? I haven't read any of the Spider-Verse stuff so I don't have any of the background info going in. I do like the team and concept though and the characters seem cool. I do know Anya and Gwen going in, having read some of their past stuff though. As for the rest of the characters I don't know anything about them, but I do like their designs visually.
    Last edited by kjc_pop; 11-08-2015 at 11:46 AM.

I'm sure it will seeing as the book is only about Gwen and the Web Warriors concept and team has been sidelined for Gwen.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I'm sure it will seeing as the book is only about Gwen and the Web Warriors concept and team has been sidelined for Gwen.
    I think it's a little early to be making that assumption. The first issue hasn't even come out. I must say though that having the first arc potentially center around Gwen would not be a bad move, considering she is very popular. It would help pull in new readers and then when they get a taste for the other characters it would help them to stick around. It's just an idea though. Who knows what they will end up doing with the series. I'm sure they will shift the spotlight and arcs on different characters just like any good team book.

Sadorim is making me dislike Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by kjc_pop View Post
    Does anyone know if this series will be accessible to new readers? I haven't read any of the Spider-Verse stuff so I don't have any of the background info going in. I do like the team and concept though and the characters seem cool. I do know Anya and Gwen going in, having read some of their past stuff though. As for the rest of the characters I don't know anything about them, but I do like their designs visually.
    I think so. The cast are somewhat blank characters so I don't see much of a problem getting into it. The exceptions are May and Anya, with Gwen getting there - possibly Noir too, but I find Costa's Noir different from the original, so he's doing whatever the hell he wants with him. May in particular does have quite a history from Spider-Verse that may come up, and Costa does seem to like May, so there's that. Anya too had a brief development in SV regarding her totemic origin, but I don't have much hope that we're gonna see more of that.