Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Whats next for Lobster Johnson?

So, once Get The Lobster finishes up do we know what's next for this amazing character? I'm hoping we see another mini sooner than later without going too far without anything Lobster Johnson related.

Has there been any news? If not what do you guys think will happen down the road?

I don't know that anything has been announced, but I assume we'll be getting some shorter stories for a while. When Tonci Zonjic has a sufficient head start, we'll probably get another 5-issue miniseries. I wouldn't expect anything more this year.

Long term, the Lobster Johnson series plans to cover the Lobster's complete career from 1932 to 1939 and Mike Mignola has said it will be a finite series. So far we've had:
    • Volume 1: The Iron Prometheus (1937)
    • Volume 2: The Burning Hand (1932)
    • Volume 3: Satan Smells a Rat (1932-1933)
    • Volume 4: Get the Lobster (1934)

So there's still a few years yet to cover. There will probably be another 4 or 5 trades eventually, I'm thinking. And at some point he's going to go to Chicago, so that'd be cool. I'm kinda hoping for a whole trade of Chicago short stories.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

At least it seems like it's a long time away before Lobster Johnson comes to an end, though I wouldn't mind seeing him in his own ongoing eventually. Maybe a "Lost Tales" or "Forgotten Tales" of Lobster Johnson. Either way, I'm loving this character more and more everyday and I can't wait to see what comes next after Get the Lobster is done.

Rock on!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the post Iron Prometheus military years, seems like they'll be a very different view on the Lobster (not that I don't love the other stuff, we just haven't seen much of that time yet)