Super Moderator

Default MURDER MOST COSMIC: Aaron & Brevoort Exhume "Original Sin" #3

In our latest post-game chat about each issue of Marvel's "Original Sin" event, writer Jason Aaron & editor Tom Brevoort take a look at issue #3.

Full article here.

I think this has been one of the better Marvel events of recent years. I really love Aaron's b-list heroes and villains that have shown up in this event, and I'm really excited to see what they are going to do. I'm still very drawn in by the mystery of it, especially now with what Bucky did to Nick, and I can't wait to find out the big villain(and whoever this mysterious boss is).

On characters again, I agree with Tom and Aaron, why haven't Dr. Midas and Exterminatrix been used more? They are awesome, I could totally see them being Fantastic Four villains.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Nice to see Mike Deodato get those well deserved kudos, but more focus on things such as the Ditko Strange environments and the dead planet rather than constantly going over the last page would have been nice to hear.

Still mission accomplished I'll tune in to 4 next week, not that I believe that last page for a second.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

My theory has been that the mysterious boss is the original Nick Fury. That all this time he's been doing things behind the scenes and all these years it's been an LMD that we and it thought was the original Nick Fury. Bucky figured it out probably due to seeing his own original sin which is linked to the real Fury. After all I've heard that this was supposed to be a big Nick Fury story, yet he died in issue 3? I doubt it. The mysterious boss also has an eye patch and seems to have white hair. Although the eye patch is on the opposite eye of Fury, that could be more of his subterfuge. But this is just my theory which I felt was given more of a possibility after the last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorDoom View Post
    My theory has been that the mysterious boss is the original Nick Fury. That all this time he's been doing things behind the scenes and all these years it's been an LMD that we and it thought was the original Nick Fury. Bucky figured it out probably due to seeing his own original sin which is linked to the real Fury. After all I've heard that this was supposed to be a big Nick Fury story, yet he died in issue 3? I doubt it. The mysterious boss also has an eye patch and seems to have white hair. Although the eye patch is on the opposite eye of Fury, that could be more of his subterfuge. But this is just my theory which I felt was given more of a possibility after the last issue.
    That's what I was thinking too.
    Wasn't there a whole arc about Nick's "infinity formula" wearing off?
    He might now be about as old as "the Boss" appears to be wouldn't he?

Plus, Fury has lost track of his LMD's before, some even went evil on him.

Either way, I've been loving this event, the core series actually has me wanting to grab all the tie-ins.
    That's a first for me! ;-)

I can't recall what happened to the LMD that was granted life by the Zodiac Key- the one that appeared in Bru's Secret Avengers- I bet he's the one who was killed.