View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bill and Ted’s relationship?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE MARVEL COUPLE! PERIOD!

    42 34.43%
  • One of my favourite Marvel couples

    49 40.16%
  • My favourite LGBT couple

    7 5.74%
  • Meh. I don’t like OR dislike them. They are okay.

    16 13.11%
  • Negative Nancies Vote Here! :P

    8 6.56%
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 455
  1. #1
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Cool Billy & Teddy's Excellent Adventure: Wiccan & Hulkling Appreciation

    In April 2005 a new superhero group debuted: the Young Avengers. Two of their founding members were Asgardian [William Kaplan] and Hulkling [Theodore Altman]. Written by Allan Heinberg, with art by Jim Cheung; Billy and Ted were soon established as one of Marvel's first openly gay couples (after Billy changed his codename to Wiccan... to avoid some unintentionally inuendos). Since then, they have become one of Marvel's most stable couples (outlasting the entire engagement, marriage AND DIVORCE of Storm and the Black Panther); appearing in Young Avengers vol. 1; the mini-series Civil War: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Secret Invasion: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Dark Reign: Young Avengers; in the EPIC Avengers: Children's Crusade; and are set to star in Kieron Gillen's brand spanking NEW on-going series: Young Avengers vol.2 (debuting in January).

    In Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9, Teddy proposes to Billy, and the two share their first on-panel kiss.

    WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]
    [from Wikipedia] Billy Kaplan is the eldest of three sons born to Reform Jews Jeff Kaplan (a cardiologist ) and Rebecca Kaplan (a psychologist). Regularly bullied in school, Billy found solace outside the gates of the Avengers Mansion. One day, Billy encountered the Avenger the Scarlet Witch, who told him to stand his ground the next time it happens. She then touched his head, causing a red light to flash briefly. The flash healed Billy's wounds and a few weeks later he stood up for another kid being bullied, demonstrating his powers for the first time.

    HULKLING [Theodore 'Ted' Altman]
    [from Wikipedia] Little is revealed about Hulkling save for the fact he is raised by a single mother. All this changes when the shapeshifting extraterrestrial known as the Super-Skrull appears, stating that Teddy is a Skrull. The Super-Skrull reveals that, years ago, during the Kree-Skrull War, he kidnapped Captain Mar-Vell, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch, presenting them to the Skrull Emperor. Though the heroes later escaped, the Emperor's daughter, Princess Anelle, conceived a child with Mar-Vell. At birth, the child was marked for death. However, his nurse smuggled him to Earth and raised him as Teddy.
    Name: Dorrek VIII [Theodore “Teddy” Altman]
    Alias: Hulking
    First Appearance: Young Avengers #1 (2005)
    Affiliations: Young Avengers (current), Secret Avengers (formerly)
    Species: Alien (Kree/Skrull)
    Citizenship: American (New York)
    Height & Weight: Variable and Variable
    Eye & Hair Color: Blue and Blond
    Unusual Features: Green Skin in Hulking Form.
    Gender Identity: Male
    Sexual Orientation: Gay
    Comic “Outing”: Young Avengers #6 (2005)
    Significant Relationships: Wiccan (fiancé), Greg Norris (crush)
    Known Relatives: Mar-Vell (father, deceased), Anelle (mother, deceased), Genis-Vell (half-brother, deceased), Phyla-Vell (half-sister, deceased), Mrs. Altman (foster-mother, deceased)
    Powers & Abilities: Shape-shifting, Super Strength, Invulnerability, Flight, Healing Factor, Subconscious Adaptation

    Gillen: Hulkling and Wiccan are one of modern comics' greatest romantic couples.

    I'm still on cloud 9 about them getting back together. Mostly, I'm in awe that Gillen had added this conflict and drama AND YET makes the characters both so loveable and understandable. Neither is "the bad guy" in their relationship. I mean look at this beautifully written scene:





    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 03:45 AM.

  2. #2
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    INTERESTING FACT: Hulkling was originally planned to be a female character. According to Tom Brevoort, "Originally, Allan pitched Hulkling as a female character using her shape-changing abilities to pose as a man. I suspect this was as close as Allan felt he could get to depicting an openly gay relationship in a Marvel comic. But as we got underway... he started to have second thoughts and approached me about maintaining Hulkling and Wiccan as two involved male characters."

    And thank-god for that!



    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Two of their founding members were Asgardian [William Kaplan] and Hulkling [Theodore Altman]. Written by Allan Heinberg, with art by Jim Cheung; Billy and Ted were soon established as one of Marvel's first openly gay couples (after Billy changed his codename to Wiccan... to avoid some unintentionally inuendos).
    To help explain this one, to anyone who didn't read the issue in question:
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-01-2014 at 03:42 AM.

  3. #3
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Three avatars of Wiccan

  4. #4

    Default Hulkling/Wiccan appreciation

    Far and away the cutest couple Marvel has created in a long time. Teddy and Billy are incredible characters on their own but together they make Young Avengers a must read.

    This is the thread for all your Theodore Altman and Billy Kaplan love.

    From the Young Avengers issue 1 Billy and Teddy stole the show and they just keep getting better.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    397

    Default

    One of my OTP's!
    They're amazing characters plus Billy's outfit is all types of amazing.


  6. #6

    Default

    They are terribly cute together. Flirting during a hostage situation, making out when they're captured, making Tommy uncomfortable lol.

  7. #7
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Someone said the Young Avengers have already appeared in Original Sin; anyone have images of Wiccan by the AMAZING Deodato???

    Also... love this image!

  8. #8
    U Got Me Str8 Trippin Boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In April 2005 a new superhero group debuted: the Young Avengers. Two of their founding members were Asgardian [William Kaplan] and Hulkling [Theodore Altman]. Written by Allan Heinberg, with art by Jim Cheung; Billy and Ted were soon established as one of Marvel's first openly gay couples (after Billy changed his codename to Wiccan... to avoid some unintentionally inuendos). Since then, they have become one of Marvel's most stable couples (outlasting the entire engagement, marriage AND DIVORCE of Storm and the Black Panther); appearing in Young Avengers vol. 1; the mini-series Civil War: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Secret Invasion: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Dark Reign: Young Avengers; in the EPIC Avengers: Children's Crusade; and are set to star in Kieron Gillen's brand spanking NEW on-going series: Young Avengers vol.2 (debuting in January).

    In Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9, Teddy proposes to Billy, and the two share their first on-panel kiss.

    WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]
    [from Wikipedia] Billy Kaplan is the eldest of three sons born to Reform Jews Jeff Kaplan (a cardiologist ) and Rebecca Kaplan (a psychologist). Regularly bullied in school, Billy found solace outside the gates of the Avengers Mansion. One day, Billy encountered the Avenger the Scarlet Witch, who told him to stand his ground the next time it happens. She then touched his head, causing a red light to flash briefly. The flash healed Billy's wounds and a few weeks later he stood up for another kid being bullied, demonstrating his powers for the first time.

    HULKLING [Theodore 'Ted' Altman]
    [from Wikipedia] Little is revealed about Hulkling save for the fact he is raised by a single mother. All this changes when the shapeshifting extraterrestrial known as the Super-Skrull appears, stating that Teddy is a Skrull. The Super-Skrull reveals that, years ago, during the Kree-Skrull War, he kidnapped Captain Mar-Vell, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch, presenting them to the Skrull Emperor. Though the heroes later escaped, the Emperor's daughter, Princess Anelle, conceived a child with Mar-Vell. At birth, the child was marked for death. However, his nurse smuggled him to Earth and raised him as Teddy.
    Name: Dorrek VIII [Theodore “Teddy” Altman]
    Alias: Hulking
    First Appearance: Young Avengers #1 (2005)
    Affiliations: Young Avengers (current), Secret Avengers (formerly)
    Species: Alien (Kree/Skrull)
    Citizenship: American (New York)
    Height & Weight: Variable and Variable
    Eye & Hair Color: Blue and Blond
    Unusual Features: Green Skin in Hulking Form.
    Gender Identity: Male
    Sexual Orientation: Gay
    Comic “Outing”: Young Avengers #6 (2005)
    Significant Relationships: Wiccan (fiancé), Greg Norris (crush)
    Known Relatives: Mar-Vell (father, deceased), Anelle (mother, deceased), Genis-Vell (half-brother, deceased), Phyla-Vell (half-sister, deceased), Mrs. Altman (foster-mother, deceased)
    Powers & Abilities: Shape-shifting, Super Strength, Invulnerability, Flight, Healing Factor, Subconscious Adaptation

    Gillen: Hulkling and Wiccan are one of modern comics' greatest romantic couples.

    I'm still on cloud 9 about them getting back together. Mostly, I'm in awe that Gillen had added this conflict and drama AND YET makes the characters both so loveable and understandable. Neither is "the bad guy" in their relationship. I mean look at this beautifully written scene:





    They really are a great couple and I love the story that has been built between them. I feel like Billy and Teddy are somewhat iconic as a couple and is Marvel's best teen romance since Cloak & Dagger. Agree/disagree?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

  9. #9
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    They really are a great couple and I love the story that has been built between them.
    Gillen did such a wonderful job adding much needed drama to their (at the time somewhat) idyllic relationship, without EVER sacrificing their love, or questioning how perfect they are as a couple.

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I feel like Billy and Teddy are somewhat iconic as a couple and is Marvel's best teen romance since Cloak & Dagger. Agree/disagree?
    100% agreed.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,688

    Default

    I just love them. Most romantic couple at marvel and truly a unique pair of characters in all media

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    While I still think they needed more time apart to develop as separate characters, they remain my favourite Marvel couple, at least until Billy's 'parents' reunite or Jan and Hank get back to being, well, Jan and Hank
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    While I still think they needed more time apart to develop as separate characters, they remain my favourite Marvel couple, at least until Billy's 'parents' reunite or Jan and Hank get back to being, well, Jan and Hank
    And this is why, in the NEXT installment (fingers crossed so hard they're snappin' like twigs) Teddy should venture out into the Galactic unknown to rescue Xavin from her Majesdenian captors (alongside Noh Varr, Miss America Chavez, and several other Marvel Youth) whilst Billy stays back on Earth to assist in the magicla-healing/rehabilitation of a slowly recovering Reptil, being closely monitored (by Finesse and Prodigy) at the Avengers Academy Infirmary.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And this is why, in the NEXT installment (fingers crossed so hard they're snappin' like twigs) Teddy should venture out into the Galactic unknown to rescue Xavin from her Majesdenian captors (alongside Noh Varr, Miss America Chavez, and several other Marvel Youth) whilst Billy stays back on Earth to assist in the magicla-healing/rehabilitation of a slowly recovering Reptil, being closely monitored (by Finesse and Prodigy) at the Avengers Academy Infirmary.
    I like the idea of Teddy doing something cosmic, I mean come on, look at his lineage.... but Xavin can stay in chains. Never liked that character.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I like the idea of Teddy doing something cosmic, I mean come on, look at his lineage.... but Xavin can stay in chains. Never liked that character.
    YES! Venture! Explore! Cause a RUCKUS!!
    And Xavin?.....Sigh.
    Well that ruins the inevitable heart string yanking that transpires when former Princess America Chavez falls for former Princess Xavin and causes all kinds of angsty dramz for Karolina upon their safe return to Earth.... but... each to their own.

  15. #15
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,567

    Default

    Found this on-line, it's pretty cute. No idea what game it's for though...



    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-14-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •