FIRST: Nobody panic. I don't have news of our boys. I just wanted to discuss them. Hear that, DoV? I'm sorry to pull at your heart strings by elevating the thread. I know what its like. I've been there. ha ha.

Jordan D White proposed the question on Twitter the other day:
WHAT ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP IN MARVEL OR DC COMICS DO YOU THINK IS THE NUMBER ON ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP? WHATS THE BIG ONE, THE ONE THAT WILL ALWAYS BE TRUE, THE ONE FOR THE AGES?

Naturally, many fan favorites and many of them very obvious were supported via tweet such as Reed & Sue, Lois & Superman, Rogue & Gambit, etc etc.
I proposed Billy and Teddy, of course.

It has since received 143 likes (after sifting through the nominations, my nomination would appear to have the most "like" support, which is both lovely and of course evident that Billy and Teddy are THE ONE TRUE PAIRING --haha jk)

Anyways,
So one of the supporting tweeters propose the following:
ANYONE ELSE THINK BILLY AND TEDDY ARE THE REED AND SUE OF MODERN COMICS? INTRODUCED AS A COUPLE AND SOLID AF SOULMATES. ALSO, ONE OF THEM SCREWS UP ALL THE TIME AND THE SANE BLOND ONE REMAINS BY THEIR SIDE (ALMOST) ALWAYS.

So, THAT is an adorable parallel being drawn between the boys and arguably THE most famous prominent Marvel couple, no?

Then that got me thinking about what a screw up Billy is and how Teddy is so stable and how their powers are peculiar reflections of these aspects of their personality. Have we discussed that before gang? How Billy is a mess and has this incredible power to control his environment and everything in it, bending it to his will, but he HIMSELF is a bit of a spaz and needing self care. Teddy on the other hand has complete PHYSICAL control over HIMSELF and remains stable and balanced. My hubs and I were mulling over the tweet about Billy being a screw up and then dove tailed into THIS topic and we found it so intriguing I had to share.

I've been reading this AMAZING book series called Super Powereds by Drew Hayes (cannot recommend highly enough for those who read non-illustrated-literature. Its superhero college and its rad AF) and one of the characters has a fascinating ability: complete and total control over his body. He's even able to regulate his emotional responses thanks to the rerouting of chemicals in the brain, and stuff like that. That got me wondering if Teddy were capable of such a feat, and perhaps even subconsciously does so, which is what keeps him fairly mellow all the time.

Miss these boys.
(Go read Super Powereds, y'all)