View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bill and Ted’s relationship?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE MARVEL COUPLE! PERIOD!

42 34.43%
  • One of my favourite Marvel couples

49 40.16%
  • My favourite LGBT couple

7 5.74%
  • Meh. I don’t like OR dislike them. They are okay.

16 13.11%
  • Negative Nancies Vote Here! :P

8 6.56%
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This is a great threat! I think wiccan and Hulking are cute togther.

How is Wiccan and Hulking first meeting? When I first read Young Avengers, they are already a couple (unless I'm wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Kencana View Post

How is Wiccan and Hulking first meeting? When I first read Young Avengers, they are already a couple (unless I'm wrong).
    They met when Iron Lad brought them together to form the YA (this is covered in Children's Crusade series, specifally the tie-in issue). But in the latest volume, Gillen revised it that they went to HS together. I suppose both could be true, went to the same HS but didn't connect until Iron Lad came around.

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    They met when Iron Lad brought them together to form the YA (this is covered in Children's Crusade series, specifally the tie-in issue). But in the latest volume, Gillen revised it that they went to HS together. I suppose both could be true, went to the same HS but didn't connect until Iron Lad came around.
    As I understood it (though this could be entirely just fan speculation) they went to separate schools until Billy's parents essentially became Teddy's guardian, after his mother was proven to be a Skrull and subsequently murdered.

There is a really adorable fan fiction out there about how Billy and Teddy first met -- upon Iron Lad's assembling them, and how Billy has been completely infatuated with Teddy since first laying eyes on him, and how Teddy eventually forced it out of him and they became a couple.

I don't know why, but I really like this panel. It's just so sad, but powerful (and the art is stunning). Also shows how dangerous Billy could be unleashed on anyone who dares to hurt Teddy.

Thank-you. And YEY more Wiccan&Hulkling love. Though do we have a name for them as a couple? Wikling, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Oh. I didn't realise this; need to go back and re-read Avengers: Children's Crusade (YEY!!!). I always got the feeling from the comics that they actually knew each other BEFORE Iron Lad showed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    There is a really adorable fan fiction out there about how Billy and Teddy first met -- upon Iron Lad's assembling them, and how Billy has been completely infatuated with Teddy since first laying eyes on him, and how Teddy eventually forced it out of him and they became a couple.
    Ohhhh... link please?

You know, I LOVE the original Heinberg Young Avengers. But I was never a huge fan of Wiccan and Hulkling together. I just thought they were kinda boring, because they were so perfect and romantic all the time. I'm not a very romantic person, so it just didn't interest me. I really wanted to pair up Wiccan with Anole from the New X-Men! He's always been one of my favorites. Besides, we know Billy has a thing for super strong green guys.

But then I read Gillen's Young Avengers and NOW I really like Wiccan and Hulkling together. Breaking them up for that short stint was the most interesting thing. And it made it so much more powerful (I think) when they got back together again. I really loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    In April 2005 a new superhero group debuted: the Young Avengers. Two of their founding members were Asgardian [William Kaplan] and Hulkling [Theodore Altman]. Written by Allan Heinberg, with art by Jim Cheung; Billy and Ted were soon established as one of Marvel's first openly gay couples (after Billy changed his codename to Wiccan... to avoid some unintentionally inuendos). Since then, they have become one of Marvel's most stable couples (outlasting the entire engagement, marriage AND DIVORCE of Storm and the Black Panther); appearing in Young Avengers vol. 1; the mini-series Civil War: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Secret Invasion: Young Avengers and the Runaways; Dark Reign: Young Avengers; in the EPIC Avengers: Children's Crusade; and are set to star in Kieron Gillen's brand spanking NEW on-going series: Young Avengers vol.2 (debuting in January).

In Avengers: The Children's Crusade #9, Teddy proposes to Billy, and the two share their first on-panel kiss.

WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]
    [from Wikipedia] Billy Kaplan is the eldest of three sons born to Reform Jews Jeff Kaplan (a cardiologist ) and Rebecca Kaplan (a psychologist). Regularly bullied in school, Billy found solace outside the gates of the Avengers Mansion. One day, Billy encountered the Avenger the Scarlet Witch, who told him to stand his ground the next time it happens. She then touched his head, causing a red light to flash briefly. The flash healed Billy's wounds and a few weeks later he stood up for another kid being bullied, demonstrating his powers for the first time.

HULKLING [Theodore 'Ted' Altman]
    [from Wikipedia] Little is revealed about Hulkling save for the fact he is raised by a single mother. All this changes when the shapeshifting extraterrestrial known as the Super-Skrull appears, stating that Teddy is a Skrull. The Super-Skrull reveals that, years ago, during the Kree-Skrull War, he kidnapped Captain Mar-Vell, Quicksilver, and the Scarlet Witch, presenting them to the Skrull Emperor. Though the heroes later escaped, the Emperor's daughter, Princess Anelle, conceived a child with Mar-Vell. At birth, the child was marked for death. However, his nurse smuggled him to Earth and raised him as Teddy.
    Name: Dorrek VIII [Theodore “Teddy” Altman]
    Alias: Hulking
    First Appearance: Young Avengers #1 (2005)
    Affiliations: Young Avengers (current), Secret Avengers (formerly)
    Species: Alien (Kree/Skrull)
    Citizenship: American (New York)
    Height & Weight: Variable and Variable
    Eye & Hair Color: Blue and Blond
    Unusual Features: Green Skin in Hulking Form.
    Gender Identity: Male
    Sexual Orientation: Gay
    Comic “Outing”: Young Avengers #6 (2005)
    Significant Relationships: Wiccan (fiancé), Greg Norris (crush)
    Known Relatives: Mar-Vell (father, deceased), Anelle (mother, deceased), Genis-Vell (half-brother, deceased), Phyla-Vell (half-sister, deceased), Mrs. Altman (foster-mother, deceased)
    Powers & Abilities: Shape-shifting, Super Strength, Invulnerability, Flight, Healing Factor, Subconscious Adaptation

Gillen: Hulkling and Wiccan are one of modern comics' greatest romantic couples.

I'm still on cloud 9 about them getting back together. Mostly, I'm in awe that Gillen had added this conflict and drama AND YET makes the characters both so loveable and understandable. Neither is "the bad guy" in their relationship. I mean look at this beautifully written scene:

I really like these characters and their romantic relationship as well.

Which makes it kind of unfortunate, for this one reason at least, that both the Spider-Man books and Mighty Avengers have recently reinforced the sliding timeline for the Marvel Universe, with the FF's rocket flight that gave them their powers no more than 13-14 years ago, and Peter Parker's radioactive spider-bite about 12 years ago. And since the Kree-Skrull War took place at least a couple years after the beginning of the Marvel era, what with the Avengers having been around for a good while when it kicked off... there's a limit on how old Hulkling can be, having been conceived during that storyline, and that limit places him below the age of consent in every state.

Not that that necessarily speaks to an ethical problem of any kind, since both Kree and Skrulls, let alone a unique hybrid, may well mature differently than Earthlings do, and Teddy gives every indication of being mature enough to know his own mind and inclinations (apart from the whole question of Billy unconsciously using his powers over reality). But they could potentially face problems with Earth's legal system, if Teddy spreads the details of his origin story around too many numerate people.

HILARIOUS! Nice to see Billy/Teddy's sex life is referenced too, but in a way that a) isn't a big deal, i.e. treated just like every other couple b) is fun and healthy

Big fan of these two. First LGBT couple I really followed in comics and I loved them from the beginning. Both are awesome, but Billy is my fave as he reminds me more of me. I'm definitely on team Billy and Teddy.

Aww. Tried to upload a pic and it failed. Probably because I'm posting from my phone. Things never work right from the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Big fan of these two. First LGBT couple I really followed in comics and I loved them from the beginning. Both are awesome, but Billy is my fave as he reminds me more of me. I'm definitely on team Billy and Teddy.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. One of the reasons I like him so much is I can relate to him easily. Obviously I like numerous characters completely different from me, but Billy was the first time I saw someone "like me" (when he first debuted we were very similar in age too). Gosh, I just love his character. Can't wait for "Season 4" of YA to start one day.

Aww. Tried to upload a pic and it failed. Probably because I'm posting from my phone. Things never work right from the phone.
    [IMG] image www.address goes here [/IMG]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-18-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks, but I knew that. Was trying to upload a pic from my phone. Didn't work. That's okay.

(Yes, I have billy and teddy pics on my phone.)

(Yes, I have billy and teddy pics on my phone.)
    Your avatar is adorable too.

Thank you.

So... What's Billy studying for? I thought this was post school. Maybe he's in uni now?

So... What's Billy studying for? I thought this was post school. Maybe he's in uni now?
    I assume university; which (if so) that makes me very happy to see. I can't imagine there is a magic school where he has exams to study for???

Billy seems like the type to continue schooling. Even while super heeling.

Plus, he just had a gap year over in YA, time to buckle down.