View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bill and Ted’s relationship?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE MARVEL COUPLE! PERIOD!

42 34.43%
  • One of my favourite Marvel couples

49 40.16%
  • My favourite LGBT couple

7 5.74%
  • Meh. I don’t like OR dislike them. They are okay.

16 13.11%
  • Negative Nancies Vote Here! :P

8 6.56%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thanks gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like the fade on Wiccan's costume, and how clean the lines are. Very cool.

(I was never 100% on the tattered cape look. I could fanwank that he was using actual magic to fly, like the Winds of Watoomb invocation that Dr. Strange used on occasion, and not just 'reality manipulation,' and that the tatty cape was a painted flagpole rag that served as a focus for that magic, being a cloth that had been shredded by a decade or more of exposure to wind, but the writing has actively moved him away from having anything to do with comic-book 'magic,' and there was never an in-story reason for why he could afford shiny engraved metal headbands and bracers and belt, and not find a cape that he hadn't scrounged from a dumpster behind the goodwill store...)
    Ha! Truly! How Billy was able to afford/acquire such rad high-quality headgear/bracers while sporting the latest in hobo-chic half-cloaks is beyond me.
    Perhaps the tattered crimson material was actually FOUND among the Avenger Mansion ruins, and THAT'S why he integrated it into his look: Presumed Asgardian Authenticity?

<shrug>

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps the tattered crimson material was actually FOUND among the Avenger Mansion ruins, and THAT'S why he integrated it into his look: Presumed Asgardian Authenticity?
    Ooh, that might be a neat callback to Billy's fanboying over the Scarlet Witch if his tattered old cloak was an old cloak of Wanda's that had been trashed in some Avengers fight previously and was lying around the ruins of Avengers Mansion with stuff that Jarvis hadn't gotten around to repairing/throwing out...

Ooh, that might be a neat callback to Billy's fanboying over the Scarlet Witch if his tattered old cloak was an old cloak of Wanda's that had been trashed in some Avengers fight previously and was lying around the ruins of Avengers Mansion with stuff that Jarvis hadn't gotten around to repairing/throwing out...
    The power in the details, right? So much unseen, off panel, material yet to mine.

BANNED

Yeah, they are a cute couple.
    And the Young Avengers is a very very nice team.

Thoughts on Teddy getting edgier(?) with his alternative look and adopting the bearded and bunned combo?

Yay? Nay?
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-29-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

Yay? Nay?
    [Flails around blindly] Nay!

It's the only sane answer to any question that has the word 'man-bun' in it.

[Flails around blindly] Nay!

It's the only sane answer to any question that has the word 'man-bun' in it.
    I suppose Hercules has lain claim to that look/vibe.

What about long hair in general?

I suppose Hercules has lain claim to that look/vibe.

What about long hair in general?
    For it, in general. On Teddy, probably not unless he went with a full-on sci-fantasy space-barbarian look or something. I'm fond of the clean-cut + cute piercings thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    For it, in general. On Teddy, probably not unless he went with a full-on sci-fantasy space-barbarian look or something. I'm fond of the clean-cut + cute piercings thing.
    Fair. Yeah. He does look RULL good that way. I'm particularly fond of the way his alternative side has followed him via the ear rings/guages.
    I am, of course, fan arting Teddy with the Knights of the Infinite and his two generals/advisors Noh Varr and Xavin and was toying around with changing his hair.

Speaking of Xavin..... this is probably something I"ll take over to the Runaways thread but how do folks pronounce their name, I wonder?

BANNED

Not so much in favor of the beard, but I wouldn't be against the man-bun.

Speaking of Xavin..... this is probably something I"ll take over to the Runaways thread but how do folks pronounce their name, I wonder?
    Za-vin.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Space kings dont have man buns!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Space kings dont have man buns!
    I didn't know you were such an expert on space kings.

Also, count me among those who really don't want Teddy to "embrace his destiny" or anything like that. F**k destiny.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, we've kind of seen Teddy with long hair when we got a glimpse of that alternative future on New Avengers, and I wasn't a big fan of that, but maybe it was just because of Sandoval's art. I also didn't like the way he drew the ''Sasuke haircut'' for Wiccan, but I did like the way that same haircut was designed on the Future Fight game, so I guess it just really depends on the artist. The right artist with the right idea can make almost everything look good on page, so I'm willing to keep my mind open for new looks for the boys. And I don't want to be one of those fans who act like characters should be defined by their haircut (I'm looking at some of you, Carol Danvers fans).

Anyway, if I had to think of Teddy going hipster-like, I feel like he would or should go for something like Dominic Sherwood's hair on Shadowhunters:

Gurl, I'm mesmerized by that hair. The way it blows in the wind... it's magical.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-29-2018 at 10:22 PM.

<gasp>

Intoxicate me naaaaaow, with that hair blo-woooooow

I forgot all about Dom's gorgeous locks in Shadowhunters and thusly, he is hence forth my Teddy fancasting until further notice.
    Prepare yourself, Google Image -- for you're about to get DOM-inated

Natch I agree with your assessment Sandoval's future-Teddy-mane not translating, nor much of anything for that matter -- but that's just a matter of personal aesthetic taste. Its rather remarkable what ONE style can do for another depending on the person illustrating. Russell Dauterman (my kingdom for him working on something with the boys) is such an exceptional talent -- and can we just <covers face to muffle screaming> --- how he renders HAIR is so so lovely gorg.

Your Carol Danvers comment slayed me ha ha ha ha.

also, after exhausting google imaging, I feel that Brendan Robinson (Pretty Little Liars) has the right look to fancast for Billy/Tommy.

Can anyone confirm acting capability? lol
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-30-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Can anyone confirm acting capability? lol