View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bill and Ted’s relationship?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE MARVEL COUPLE! PERIOD!

42 34.43%
  • One of my favourite Marvel couples

49 40.16%
  • My favourite LGBT couple

7 5.74%
  • Meh. I don’t like OR dislike them. They are okay.

16 13.11%
  • Negative Nancies Vote Here! :P

8 6.56%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Teddy and Billy are precious and need to be protected at all costs. If Marvel ever pulls a One More Day on them, I say we riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Billy seems like the type to continue schooling. Even while super heeling.
    Plus, he just had a gap year over in YA, time to buckle down.
    What do we see him studying? I lean towards history or even ancient history (there are BAs for mythology courses, I could see that).

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Teddy and Billy are precious and need to be protected at all costs. If Marvel ever pulls a One More Day on them, I say we riot.
    Agreed, but I think they are safe.
    a) they work as a couple, which greatly helps
    b) they aren't solo stars, so the need to maintain "the romantic element" of stories is less so (as in introducing a new foe or a new ally through romance can be done with others in the team, it's not all on one hero)
    c) they are the current generations' Sue/Reed. They were created to be a couple, to be together. They exist as one whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    What do we see him studying? I lean towards history or even ancient history (there are BAs for mythology courses, I could.
    Hmmm. As a holder of a bachelor of science, it kills me to say this, but I could see Literature for him. Although, he is studying for a test. Lit is usually an essay based thing.

Maybe medicine. So he can get the "doctor" title he'll need when he becomes sorcerer supreme. (I know not a rule, but the last two were doctors)

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    As I understood it (though this could be entirely just fan speculation) they went to separate schools until Billy's parents essentially became Teddy's guardian, after his mother was proven to be a Skrull and subsequently murdered.
    They did flashbacks to Teddy's life and Billy's life in the Young Avengers Presents one-shots but never depicted them going to the same school and were depicted having separate lives in the flashbacks. Teddy had a friend who got him to use his shape-shifting abilities for personal gains (without Billy seen around) and Billy was getting beat up (without Teddy around helping him as I assume he would if he were there)

I always got the feeling from the comics that they actually knew each other BEFORE Iron Lad showed up?
    I think only you and Kieron Gillen thought that, or you covering for another one of Gillen's issues (kidding ).

"The shared-school second continuity insert of the issue, of course. But it was implicitly always there in the first series for me, y’know? The especially casual relationship with Billy’s family, the fact their love was so strong yet not the passion of first-crush, etc. They never felt like people who had “just” met. I had always assumed they had gone to the same school when I read the book, and it was only when researching it in detail did I see it was never actually explicitly stated."
    http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_ht...ngers-the-5th/
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 07-20-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Hmmm. As a holder of a bachelor of science, it kills me to say this, but I could see Literature for him. Although, he is studying for a test. Lit is usually an essay based thing.
    I see literature or history. I'm sure he LOOOOOOOOOOOVES theatre, but I don't see him as an actor.

Maybe medicine. So he can get the "doctor" title he'll need when he becomes sorcerer supreme. (I know not a rule, but the last two were doctors)
    You can have a Ph.D (and therefore be a doctor) with English lit or theatre or history or... god, library probably.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    They did flashbacks to Teddy's life and Billy's life in the Young Avengers Presents one-shots but never depicted them going to the same school and were depicted having separate lives in the flashbacks. Teddy had a friend who got him to use his shape-shifting abilities for personal gains (without Billy seen around) and Billy was getting beat up (without Teddy around helping him as I assume he would if he were there)
    While I understand the logic, both those things could happen before they met while still in the same school. I mean when Wiccan met Wanda that felt a good while before Disassembled (so long before Iron Lad assembled the team). Teddy was a jock, Billy was (and I say this with love) a nerd/geek/outcast. The fact their paths didn't cross isn't hugely surprising. I would love to see a writer show how they met at school.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I think only you and Kieron Gillen thought that, or you covering for another one of Gillen's issues (kidding ).

"The shared-school second continuity insert of the issue, of course. But it was implicitly always there in the first series for me, y’know? The especially casual relationship with Billy’s family, the fact their love was so strong yet not the passion of first-crush, etc. They never felt like people who had “just” met. I had always assumed they had gone to the same school when I read the book, and it was only when researching it in detail did I see it was never actually explicitly stated."
    http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_ht...ngers-the-5th/
    HA! Don't you be throwing no shade on my bro, Kieron!!!

Cute fan written story of how Teddy met Billy I happened across just now.... still reading it... but its cute so far...

http://archiveofourown.org/works/520417

Edit: Okay, finished reading it.

SUPER cute.
    Nice to get something from Teddy's perspective. Also nice to hear some very believable (and adorable) reasons for Teddy to fall in love with Billy. Teddy is adorably oblivious.
    The writer even touches on the possibility of Billy wishing Teddy would love him and what not, and handles it really well. Would've been a really cute continuity addition if Gillen hadn't already addressed that in his recent run.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-03-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Cute fan written story of how Teddy met Billy I happened across just now.... still reading it... but its cute so far...
    http://archiveofourown.org/works/520417
    Thank-you, thank-you for this; it IS super cute. I love how it links to actual YA stories (esp. Billy meeting the Scarlet Witch, Teddy's friend Greg)

Edit: Okay, finished reading it.

SUPER cute.
    Nice to get something from Teddy's perspective. Also nice to hear some very believable (and adorable) reasons for Teddy to fall in love with Billy. Teddy is adorably oblivious.
    Loved it from Teddy's perspective. Love seeing the two characters so well expressed; it felt EXACTLY like in the comics. I like seeing a more aggressive Teddy. Eli was dislikable, but hey (what's new? ). The arguement over Star Wars was super adorable, and I REALLY loved the moment Billy saw the Scarlet Witch collectable. That really was so underplayed but awesome. Kudos to the writer, it was great!

The writer even touches on the possibility of Billy wishing Teddy would love him and what not, and handles it really well. Would've been a really cute continuity addition if Gillen hadn't already addressed that in his recent run.
    It was really nice but NOTHING will ever beat the amazingness of this incredibly simple, perfect moment!!!

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 09-03-2014 at 10:42 AM.

We have an appreciation thread for probably my favourite couple in any form of fiction ever WOOP WOOP!

I read another fan fic a while back that was similar. Where Billy and Teddy meet but really draws from the material too.

Wish I could remember what it was called or where I saw it. It was really well done.

I read another fan fic a while back that was similar. Where Billy and Teddy meet but really draws from the material too.

Wish I could remember what it was called or where I saw it. It was really well done.
    Is that the one where Eli, Teddy and Billy meet Nathaniel at an Arby's? And its written from Billy's perspective?

No. They met at a book store or music store or something. Pre Young Avengers. I wish I could remember it but it was months ago.
    The first half was from Billy's perspective and then just about the time the Young Avengers start up (around Decimation) it switched to Teddy's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by CMain453 View Post
    We have an appreciation thread for probably my favourite couple in any form of fiction ever WOOP WOOP!
    Welcome to the thread. And HELLS YEAH we have an appreciation thread. The best Marvel couple demands the best appreciation!

I found the fic I was talking about, but not sure I should link to it as there is one... mildly inappropriate scene that I had forgotten about and not sure what the rules on linking to things like that are. Which is a shame as the story is really well written (in my opinion at least).

PM me the link Magnito?

Welcome to the thread. And HELLS YEAH we have an appreciation thread. The best Marvel couple demands the best appreciation!
    YESYESYES Billy & Teddy are soooooo amazing not only because they are so cute but their relationship is so complex (with Wiccan being a magic user and all) and yet they love each other so much ))))))))