View Poll Results: How do you feel about Bill and Ted’s relationship?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE MARVEL COUPLE! PERIOD!

42 34.43%
  • One of my favourite Marvel couples

49 40.16%
  • My favourite LGBT couple

7 5.74%
  • Meh. I don’t like OR dislike them. They are okay.

16 13.11%
  • Negative Nancies Vote Here! :P

8 6.56%
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I found the fic I was talking about, but not sure I should link to it as there is one... mildly inappropriate scene that I had forgotten about and not sure what the rules on linking to things like that are. Which is a shame as the story is really well written (in my opinion at least).
    Well that was MUCH longer than I was expecting. And a bit racier. Oofta!

I was stunned to find myself enjoying the side characters so much -- Billy's best friend and Teddy's mom in particular-- to the point of wishing they'd appear/be written more.

The author did some really great continuity integration throughout the story, as well as amplying the very unhealthy, manipulative, and surprisingly complex relationship between Greg the Bully and Teddy.
    There were a few things I didn't really care for, but overall it was a fun read with some very believable dialogue.

Thanks for sharing, Magnito.
    Looking forward to further exploration.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Has someone ever done a parody poster which combines Hulkling/Wiccan with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? This is something that needs to be done. Maybe they could trade a phone-box for Noh'Varr's ship?

Here's a fic on the beginnings of their relationship I found a while back which deserves posting here, entitled Our Lives Lead Other Lives.

Racey, you say? Sooooo... Magnito, could you PM me too?

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Has someone ever done a parody poster which combines Hulkling/Wiccan with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? This is something that needs to be done. Maybe they could trade a phone-box for Noh'Varr's ship?
    If I was more talented in art, I would have done one (maybe had them in the elevator?).

Lol. Done.

Billy&Teddy have a tiny cameo in Axis #5 (though Teddy looks a bit fugly). AND the artist put Wiccan in his old, OLD uniform??? Really??? So as cameos go... this was unwanted/stupid. Sorry the "update" isn't a positive one team, hopefully we'll have better things upcoming.

His old costume was better and more recognizable

His old costume was a 16 year old wearing the weirdest metal bandana/headband you can think of. His redesign is an 18 year old who actually knows how to get a good haircut. He's matured, and I love the star motif of the redesign a lot, and it still has the iconic red and black colour scheme.

It's baffling how Marvel make these errors. Or we'll just come up with some fanfic explanation like... "Billy was transported two years in the future by Iron Lad and he glimpsed where the superhero world was headed, but knew he had to return to his timezone soon after in order to not destroy existence."

His old costume was a 16 year old wearing the weirdest metal bandana/headband you can think of. His redesign is an 18 year old who actually knows how to get a good haircut. He's matured, and I love the star motif of the redesign a lot, and it still has the iconic red and black colour scheme.
    The metal headband helped obscure his facial features and protect his secret identity. He's not even trying anymore with his new costume. His new costume is not iconic just because you say it is. He wore his old costume longer and artists are still drawing him in it instead of his new costume, that's pretty much the definition of iconic.

Here's a webcomic I found through Tumblr a couple of months back, where we see single Billy meeting Teddy for the first time at the comic book store. It's awesome in that we get a glimpse outside of the relationship and within his school situation and friendships, beyond what was glimpsed in the Special.

Also, they unknowingly stole my Wiccan 'red hoody and black shirt' cosplay from me. The jerk.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/190...iew_adult=true

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The metal headband helped obscure his facial features and protect his secret identity. He's not even trying anymore with his new costume. His new costume is not iconic just because you say it is. He wore his old costume longer and artists are still drawing him in it instead of his new costume, that's pretty much the definition of iconic.
    The question of secret identity is something I've never really considered with the Young Avengers. Besides Hulkling and Patriot (and Patriot would lose the full face mask later on anyway), there's never really been much cover in terms of costumes. Iron Lad is the exception to the rule as he isn't native to 21st century earth.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to change costumes once in a while for all characters, and make that change stick. Spider-Man only had the black costume for a couple of years from 85-87, and that's become iconic. Honestly if they're making these errors they either a) don't care about continuity and choose iconic over that (which would be in line with what Breevort has said - kind of - even though the new costume has been here for over a year) or b) Marvel needs to give better guidance to its artists that "this is the status quo of the character at present please draw as such."

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    His new costume is not iconic just because you say it is.
    He didn't say the new costume is iconic.
    He said the new costume "still has the iconic red and black colour scheme" from both of his original costumes as Asgardian and as Wiccan.

And regarding the identity concealment issue, the most recent run of Young Avengers is all about identity and acceptance and blossoming into who you're meant to be -- so his lack of face obscuring elements --just like all of his teammates (Kate, Teddy, Noh Varr, America, and David)-- is rather appropriate for those themes. Not to mention the complete lack of necessity, given the circumstances being that they'd been traversing the multiverse where nobody actually knew who they were, while back on Earth every adult they came in contact with was immediately possessed by the evil Mother parasite -- whose memories were promptly erased after her defeat.

Though one could easily assume that if he did wish to go the traditional identity masking route -- his hood would serve such a purpose, if not simply using his powers in some capacity.

Last edited by Fokken; 10-16-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Billy&Teddy have a tiny cameo in Axis #5 (though Teddy looks a bit fugly). AND the artist put Wiccan in his old, OLD uniform??? Really??? So as cameos go... this was unwanted/stupid. Sorry the "update" isn't a positive one team, hopefully we'll have better things upcoming.

Based on what is presented in the image, along with what's already taken place in AXIS this scene could certainly be a taking place in someone's mind -- possibly a psychic manipulation woven by Red Skull/Onslaught. That would also make for an easy out explanation for the costume error.

Here's a webcomic I found through Tumblr a couple of months back, where we see single Billy meeting Teddy for the first time at the comic book store. It's awesome in that we get a glimpse outside of the relationship and within his school situation and friendships, beyond what was glimpsed in the Special.

Also, they unknowingly stole my Wiccan 'red hoody and black shirt' cosplay from me. The jerk.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/190...iew_adult=true
    Awwww... that is very cute; thank-you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He didn't say the new costume is iconic.
    He said the new costume "still has the iconic red and black colour scheme" from both of his original costumes as Asgardian and as Wiccan.

And regarding the identity concealment issue, the most recent run of Young Avengers is all about identity and acceptance and blossoming into who you're meant to be -- so his lack of face obscuring elements --just like all of his teammates (Kate, Teddy, Noh Varr, America, and David)-- is rather appropriate for those themes. Not to mention the complete lack of necessity, given the circumstances being that they'd been traversing the multiverse where nobody actually knew who they were, while back on Earth every adult they came in contact with was immediately possessed by the evil Mother parasite -- whose memories were promptly erased after her defeat.

Though one could easily assume that if he did wish to go the traditional identity masking route -- his hood would serve such a purpose, if not simply using his powers in some capacity.
    And yet they were posting pictures of themselves on twitter and instagram for months before they started reality hopping. America, Noh-Varr and David don't have secret identities or separate civilian lives. Billy has a family who he's already endangered (a lot) with his superhero activities. Not even trying to hide his identity and actively advertising it is a reckless disregard for their safety.

Teddy's an orphan and Kate's family are millionaires who can afford bodyguards.

This is an appreciation thread, please keep it POSITIVE!!